MJJCers Only Meeting in the 02 Gardens August 29th.

Re: August 29th?

Please stop calling people (the hijackers) try to be together and try to contact them and plan together. I think the other group has fixed speakers and other things. I’m coming all the way from another country I really hope there will be something at the O2 : ) They said something about singing Heal The World at 12pm Montreal time that is

17: pm in London, so all of us should be at the O2 with candles or something singing Heal The World Hope to see you all there.

Time in other countries:

6:00 P.M. Paris Sweden Madrid,
3:00 P.M Rio de Janeiro,
9:00 A.M San Francisco
8:30 P.M Tehran
7:00 P.M., Johannesburg
8:00 P.M., Kuwait city
9:00 A.M., Los Angeles
2:00 P.M., Buenos Aires

Please stop calling people (the hijackers) try to be together and try to contact them and plan together. I think the other group has fixed speakers and other things. I’m coming all the way from another country I really hope there will be something at the O2 : ) They said something about singing Heal The World at 12pm Montreal time that is

17: pm in London, so all of us should be at the O2 with candles or something singing Heal The World Hope to see you all there.

Time in other countries:

I am going to be at the 02 so i shall see u there xx:yes:

Time in other countries:

I call them that because of their behaviour at the vigil. It upset a lot of people. Gaz was saying that next time there is an event he might have to hire out somewhere private to avoid it happening again. However this may be a different group from the ones you are in contact with

That's a good idea.
Why don't we make the Beat it dance on the same day? I think 15th is very soon and the people that is going to travel to London will do it some days later.

I reckon people are going to want to do something on the 29th because of it being Michaels birthday

Sorry for the ignorance, but I think this is a UK based forum - so most of you will be attending the O2 on his birthday? That is nice. I wish they would do something in the Los Angeles area. Wish I could make it out to join you all. I hope you have a wonderful time :)

I just hope something nice and free from disrespectful hijackers as was witnessed so prominently on the 13th is arranged.

There are people that dont want to be emplored by someone with a megaphone who thinks he is the star of the show.

My understanding was that this was more a drunken freeforall where balloons were taken away from those who had specially requested them and the feelings of those of us who wanted to grieve and get closure was literally shouted down just to appeal to the impersonators and other variety acts.

I want to come on the 29th to something that will HONOUR Michael not something that will bring disservice to his memory and if the same people that overtook the stage have anything to do with this then we will be here in a few weeks time thinking how great hindsight was.

As I've stated before, I was standing next to Gaz when this was all going on and the look on his face was completely different to when we were at the clubhouse where there were many people from this forum who both appreciate and respect Michael.

Would love to do something like this (but much bigger) in a PUBLIC AREA (not O2) in London... --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGM85IW8yBY probably a lot of people out of the public would join... and that's what Michael wanted: bringing people together through his music...

Can anyone do some investigations to find out what the 'hijackers' are planning? I think the Heal the World Idea is a lovely one, and something Michael would have loved x

As long as we all 'Come together' it will great. Heal the World at 12pm sounds like a great idea too! x

Can anyone do some investigations to find out what the 'hijackers' are planning? I think the Heal the World Idea is a lovely one, and something Michael would have loved x

The day after the vigil this group posted something on facebook and somebody from here kindly copied and pasted it from there into the vigil thread to give us fair warning so the same thing didn't happen again. I'm not on facebook but here is the copy and paste of the err copy and paste lol:

"On June 25th 2009, the King Of Pop, Michael Jackson passed away, leaving behind 3 children.

Michael would always want us to remember him for his music, his videos, his dance moves, and his legion of loyal fans, perhaps the most die-hard, and committed fans in the world. Michael would want us all to remember that while he is not here in body, his spirit lives on, touching and connecting with any one of his fans.

That is why on August 29th, we hope to celebrate Michael Jackson's birthday the way he would have always wanted to... With his fans. Even though Michael can not come down to be with us in person, his spirit will be there, saying thank you to everyone who turned up to celebrate with him.

We plan to host the event the o2 Arena in London, where Michael would have been part way through his 50 night "This Is It Tour" Like the memorial on the 13th July, we aim to have the event at the same place, however, with some small changes (Things like a better soundsystem)...

The event will be kicking off from about 10AM, although if you want to come down earlier, then feel free to help us set up! The aim is to create a party-like atmosphere, with balloons, games, dancing, singing, everything MJ could ever ask for at a party... We may even get a cake

The event will run until 9PM. After which time we would be doing our best to keep noise to a minimum due to residents living close by.... There is hopefully going to be another event being hosted in the evening in London, and we will try and tie the two events together (Note: The evening event is likely to be a club night, and may be unsuitable for children, hence the late running of this event to ensure everyone can be catered for)."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ that is their plan. This is why it might be best to avoid the o2

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ that is their plan. This is why it might be best to avoid the o2

Well, I agree... I'm not ready yet to do a big "party", Mike's just gone and it's the first birthday we'll celebrate knowing he's no longer with us...

But where else could we meet?

I still think it should be a public place for that we can show the world our love for him by lighting candles and "stand together as one" by holding hands and sing his songs he wrote to change the world, we should forward his legacy...

I don't know London... but there has to be a place where we could meet without having to pay too much for a permission? Come on guys, please...... for our Michael.... time is running....!!

Well, I agree... I'm not ready yet to do a big "party", Mike's just gone and it's the first birthday we'll celebrate knowing he's no longer with us...

But where else could we meet?

I still think it should be a public place for that we can show the world our love for him by lighting candles and "stand together as one" by holding hands and sing his songs he wrote to change the world, we should forward his legacy...

I don't know London... but there has to be a place where we could meet without having to pay too much for a permission? Come on guys, please...... for our Michael.... time is running....!!

Yes and the vigil was made into a rowdy party so we can't expect any different I don't think.

Standing together lighting candles and singing is the way to go, and I think it should be done somewhere outside and like you said, public. I'm thinking either just in the streets or in one of Londons parks or even a mixture of both or more places.

I don't know, like walking and singing in a massive group before stopping at a set place and lighting candles in a group and releasing balloons........I don't know.

I like your idea spoonie09. Lighting candles and singing Michaels songs will be much better. I can't believe they're planning on having a big party. Its all nice and good to remember Michael through his music and sing along to his songs but partying is just not right.
I was hoping there would be another event at the o2 but it probably is best to avoid it now. I don't think they should stop us though. I did enjoy the vigil at the o2 because it was so good to be around other MJ fans who also understood the pain we've all been going through but the party like atmosphere wasn't so appropriate. All i know is that i personally need to be around mj fans that day.
Time is running out ..where could we do this? Trafalgar square? Leicester square?
*sigh*

I don't know, like walking and singing in a massive group before stopping at a set place and lighting candles in a group and releasing balloons........I don't know.

Love that!

Time is running out ..where could we do this? Trafalgar square? Leicester square?
*sigh*

Someone needs to get some informations about whether we would have to ask for a permission if we do a "mass meeting" there (Trafalgar square, Leicester square)...?

Do you think we could ask Gaz for helping us organizing a Tribute to Michael on the 29th in London? A Tribute without making it so "party-like" how they plan to do it at the O2? Maybe he really could help us...

I still think we should all go to O2. There are 2 other groups going at 18:00 or 19:00 and the best thing is if we all go to the same place. We should show the world that MJ fans are like no other fans. There will never be another artist on top for 45 years with fans from the age of 0 to over 100 like MJ had. We should stick together and celebrate all as one group. We are Unique and some of us are the best supporters an artist ever can imagine. We should all sing Heal the world and We are the world together with candles in our hands. We don’t need to go to a party after that event, who wants to party? Well not me I still cry every night. But we should at least celebrate even if it will be both a happy and sad event. MJ fans are gathering around the world on Aug 29, to mourn for him and celebrate his legacy as one the greatest musicians and entertainers of all time. We should do the same as one group.

I can see why people dont want to go to the 02 however i am still going, it was the last place i saw michael, and i feel a connection to him there so i am not gonna be pushed away by certain people. Yeah i was a bit annoyed by the same group of fans u are talking about, when i went on the 13th but they are not going to ruin it for me this time no way! I wont let them

I can see why people dont want to go to the 02 however i am still going, it was the last place i saw michael, and i feel a connection to him there so i am not gonna be pushed away by certain people. Yeah i was a bit annoyed by the same group of fans u are talking about, when i went on the 13th but they are not going to ruin it for me this time no way! I wont let them

I will be there on the 29th August at the O2, and hope to join hands and hearts with others. Will want a mixture of private devotions and reflections, ( Am I really writing this??? :no: )
Will bring candles flowers and pics of Michael and perhaps a portable cd player to play appropriately as and when we want music. ??
Looking forward to seeing you there Danielle and others. :agree:

Ooohh (Danielle love MJ) did you see him at the last press conference at O2 Arena London 5mars 2009? I wish I had the same chance to be there… Last time I saw him was back in 1997 In Sweden. :(

Yeah i did see him which is why i want to be there on the 29th! Technically the last place i saw him was at the hotel but they moaned when i put a flower there the other day so cant imagine they would be pleased if ijust stood there all day singing heal the world to myself!!

I will be there on the 29th August at the O2, and hope to join hands and hearts with others. Will want a mixture of private devotions and reflections, ( Am I really writing this??? :no: )
Will bring candles flowers and pics of Michael and perhaps a portable cd player to play appropriately as and when we want music. ??
Looking forward to seeing you there Danielle and others. :agree:

See you there xx Should have been there on the 28th aswell :(

See you all we will come to London on 25 of august and we are staying for almost a week. 26 thriller Live and 29 of Aug O2. I was actually going to be there on July 16 I changed my mind about coming to London after what happened but people told me to change our flight and that we would not be disappointed. I really wanted to be there on MJs birthday. I really hope I will like London and that I will find O2 : ) We are staying at THE CUMBERLAND HOTEL hope it’s a good hotel and that they will help us .

I agree with you i also think we should go to the o2.. regardless of what the others will be doing. we shouldn't let them ruin it for us.. anyway I'm sure we can all get along.. they'll be doing what they want to do and we can do what we want to do.

I think the problem is not everyone is ready for a party yet. Some people haven't had the chance to say goodbye properly yet and a party is hardly the place to do so. The o2 event IS a party, they've stated this themselves.

hmmm... you're probably right, we shouldn't let those people ruin everything for us and I also would like to go to the O2 for the same reasons you all mentioned. So what about this: we could meet at the O2 at a certain point (I don't know the area, maybe someone could describe a good "meeting point") and at a certain time. We could see what those people are doing and be around other Michael Fans. If it really gets to "party-like" we still could go as a group somewhere else, light some candles at Trafalgar square, Leicester square? Go through the streets of London by singing Heal the world, Cry and so on... There'll probably a lot of fans who'll join us cause they aren't in the mood of having a party the whole day and also want to mourn our Mike...

hmmm... you're probably right, we shouldn't let those people ruin everything for us and I also would like to go to the O2 for the same reasons you all mentioned. So what about this: we could meet at the O2 at a certain point (I don't know the area, maybe someone could describe a good "meeting point") and at a certain time. We could see what those people are doing and be around other Michael Fans. If it really gets to "party-like" we still could go as a group somewhere else, light some candles at Trafalgar square, Leicester square? Go through the streets of London by singing Heal the world, Cry and so on... There'll probably a lot of fans who'll join us cause they aren't in the mood of having a party the whole day and also want to mourn our Mike...

Well the o2 will DEFINATELY be a party atmosphere, the other group have stated that. But perhaps if going to the o2 means so much we could go there for a bit. I must admit I prefer the last part of your comment. Personally I don't want to spend the whole day at the party or be anywhere near the people who ruined the vigil but I understand the significance of the o2 so how about travelling around a bit?

Alternatively I might just wait and see about the event that MJJC plan and not go to this one at all. I just can't face coming away feeling like I did on the 13th again.

From facebook:

"As we all know Michael would have spent his birthday here in England with us. Michael gave us so much, beautiful music and amazing dancing, he showed us love, compassion and wanted to make this world, our world, a better place. Rest in Peace xxx

MEET UP at Trafalgar Square, London, to celebrate Michael's music and dance on the day that would have been his 51st birthday. Dress for the occasion! We will celebrate with dancing and singing. At 4.45 we will all light our candles on our cakes, together we will sing Happy Birthday, blow out of candles and make our own private wishes for Michael, his beautiful children and his family.

Afterwards we are going onto the O2 arena to meet up with anyone who could not attend this daytime event - 6.30/7.00 is an approximate time of arrival. Gary Stanley is sending out a press release to bring attention to this part of the event and will be organising at the O2.

BRING WITH YOU IF YOU CAN:

BANNERS!
BALLOONS!
BIRTHDAY CARDS (which I will send onto his family)
INDIVIDUAL BIRTHDAY CAKES AND A CANDLE!
SOME REFRESHMENT (ALCOHOL IS NOT PERMITTED)

Let’s throw a birthday party fit for the King of Pop!!

NOTE: It may be a warm day in London, remember sun cream. Should the weather change please bring appropriate clothing. There are public toilets at Trafalgar Square, kiosks for drinks are located nearby. No alcohol is permitted. Dispose of your litter in the bins provided. Respect the venue and members of the public who will be visiting.

ALL AGES ARE WELCOME."
http://www.facebook.com/posted.php?ref=sb&__a=1#/event.php?eid=103637357047

I appreciate the 13th was slightly ruined but by 8 at night it was lovely, i sat with a few fans and we lit some candles just chatted about michael, i dont want a party but like i said b4 i will do my own thing!

I will go to the O2 too.
I don't want more tears, i have enough on my home. The parties are not disrespectful. We make them with all our love and respect. That doesn't mean that you can't go to the O2 and make your own tribute, because the O2 it's a free place.
I'd love to meet you all there.

Back