MONSTER - The Official Discussion Thread

Re: Video for 'MONSTER' will include footage of Michael in the studio!!

I've been a fan for 30 years. On what basis are you claiming I'm on a 'mission to destroy' anything?

Are you also claiming that Katherine's on the same 'mission'? Randy, too? Taryll? Latoya? Prince? Paris? Cory Rooney? Quincy? Questlove? Will.I.Am?

The Estate are a bunch of criminals if they're claiming that Michael Jackson is the lead singer of Keep Your Head Up. Or Breaking News. Or Monster.

I'd say you're on a mission to destroy the fanbase, if anything. Absolutely ALL of your posts, ALL OF THEM, have been to conflict other members, in a rude manner (Yes, I've checked.). Only now with this recent kick up, you feel it's okay to be rudest you've ever been and label someone else's opinion as invalid. You have NO proof, NONE, yet you're the only doubter, the only doubter who keep telling us you have proof.

Like I said, the content of your posts are self explanatory, as far as your agenda goes. I just hope a mod or something looks into what I've just said and realize the same thing I do.

And you also didn't read my post correctly, or at least think it through, I said the falsetto, you compare the falsetto in the WATW video and that of lets say, KYHU. It's one and the same.

Who's singing that? Is that Jason Malachi, is that James Porte? NO, It's Michael Jackson, using a similar pitch in falsetto as those in which are used in the Cascio recordings.

People don't need to listen to edited comparison video's where the pitch on the Cascio songs were altered to benefit an argument. No one, NO ONE, has ever admitted, in this thread anyway, that his voice doesn't sound different in these recordings. Different or not, people still recognize him, if you aren't comfortable with that, then that's just too bad, no pun intended.

You hear the same voice on this video and on Breaking News and/or Monster??? :bugeyed

I'd say you're on a mission to destroy the fanbase, if anything. Absolutely ALL of your posts, ALL OF THEM, have been to conflict other members, in a rude manner (Yes, I've checked.). Only now with this recent kick up, you feel it's okay to be rudest you've ever been and label someone else's opinion as invalid. You have NO proof, NONE, yet you're the only doubter, the only doubter who keep telling us you have proof.

Like I said, the content of your posts are self explanatory, as far as your agenda goes. I just hope a mod or something looks into what I've just said and realize the same thing I do.

And you also didn't read my post correctly, or at least think it through, I said the falsetto, you compare the falsetto in the WATW video and that of lets say, KYHU. It's one and the same.

I am sorry to contradict you but the falsetto is one thing, the voice timbre is another. Clearly Cascio tracks show another voice timbre than Michael's be it falsetto or not.

LOL @ WATW 2006 video. Just shows Michael doing a weird falsetto part. Nothing else. Samhabib, keep on fighting!

Annie: Why do you keep on with the "pitch on the Cascio songs were altered" ? This only happened once.

People "recognize him" because Jason SOUNDS like Michael. It's the whole point.

Again, you're telling my opinion is wrong? How condescending.

And it's happened twice, All I Need was edited in 2000 Watts, and Breaking News was edited by Tony Kurtis, the only reason I keep bringing it up, because the Tony Kurtis video is being used in a lot of these arguments.

I am sorry to contradict you but the falsetto is one thing, the voice timbre is another. Clearly Cascio tracks show another voice timbre than Michael's be it falsetto or not.

Actually, I think it's quite similar when he says "there's a choice we're making", but again, that's MY opinion. Please, don't tell me it's wrong.

I don't know what the emoticon for clapping is, so just imagine there is one right here. A lot of this behaviour has been happening lately, and frankly it's upsetting. This thread has NOTHING to do with this, it's to do with the video for "Monster". This has happened constantly and I hope Gaz's changes will stop it once and for all.

Absolutely baseless nonsense. 'Divide the fanbase'? How great that would be for your argument if I was to get banned for something that's completely baseless!

The content of your posts are self explanatory. You've tried your best to hide behind playing devils advocate but the mask has slipped highlighting your hypocrisy. You've claimed that we can't point to any comments made in the press by those that deny Michael is singing the songs, yet you continuously point to the Estate's press release.

You then tell us that we can't point to audio as proof as we're not qualified - you then post a video of Michael Jackson audio to support your belief. The complete definition of hypocrisy.

The falsetto sounds NOTHING like Jason Malachi's. And if that's all you've got to 'prove' the vocals on the Cascio songs are Michael's, you should dig deeper. Try looking at the videos I posted. I think you'll find EVERYTHING on there sounds like the Cascio tracks. Not just a brief second. EVERYTHING.

This ISN'T an opinion:

"And you also didn't read my post correctly, or at least think it through, I said the falsetto, you compare the falsetto in the WATW video and that of lets say, KYHU. It's one and the same. "

That's a statement of fact. And, yes, it's absolutely wrong.

We should remind ourselves that we are NOT here to turn ourselves one against each other. We all love Michael Jackson and we all do it out of love.

Some of us are happy to hear Michael. Some of us are angry not to hear Michael on those three tracks. We have to deal with it and try to understand each other's opinions. We must fight for the truth no matter what the truth is. We cannot just keep on and act indifferent regarding the issue of the three songs. We also must be sometimes harsh with the arguments to wake up each other, otherwise we'll stay stuck forever in a status quo situation. We do not have to accept each other's opinions, but we cannot remain indifferent either. So, I think that well constructed opinions are welcome even if they sound straightforward like Samhabib's. I don't think that Samhabib's purpose is to destroy or disrespect anyone, he's just being straightforward and at times impulsive. Come on guys, we are not going to have a ban campaign against each other!

We should remind ourselves that we are NOT here to turn ourselves one against each other. We all love Michael Jackson and we all do it our of love.

Some of us are happy to hear Michael. Some of us are angry not to hear Michael on those thee tracks. We have to deal with it and try to understand each other's opinions. We must fight for the truth no matter what the truth is. We cannot just keep on and act indifferent regarding the issue of the three songs. We also must be sometimes harsh with the arguments to wake up each other, otherwise we'll stay stuck forever in a status quo situation. We do not have to accept each other's opinions, but we cannot remain indifferent either. So, I think that well constructed opinions are welcome even if they sound straightforward as Samhabib's. I don't think that Samhabib's purpose is to destroy or disrespect anyone, he's just being straightforward and at times impulsive. Come on guys, we are not going to have a ban campaign against each other!

absolutely right!! if samhabib is banned, i'll srsly reconsider moving on to another forum....

And it's happened twice, All I Need was edited in 2000 Watts, and Breaking News was edited by Tony Kurtis, the only reason I keep bringing it up, because the Tony Kurtis video is being used in a lot of these arguments.

Actually, I think it's quite similar when he says "there's a choice we're making", but again, that's MY opinion. Please, don't tell me it's wrong.
I'm not sure if Tony edited that a cappella. Someone commented on the video saying it's not the original a cappella, and he simply answered something like "where is the real one?".

All I need was pitched down, and? It was a member here, uploading it for people to download it. Nothing more. If you go check out the hundreds videos of comparing, you'll see no other videos being pitched down/up. One video actually pitched UP Breaking News, and people went "OMG, ITS MJ NOW WOWOWO". Fail.

Tony was Malachi's producer for YEARS.

I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, but you do know that an opinion can be wrong.

Absolutely baseless nonsense. 'Divide the fanbase'? How great that would be for your argument if I was to get banned for something that's completely baseless!

The content of your posts are self explanatory. You've tried your best to hide behind playing devils advocate but the mask has slipped highlighting your hypocrisy. You've claimed that we can't point to any comments made in the press by those that deny Michael is singing the songs, yet you continuously point to the Estate's press release.

You then tell us that we can't point to audio as proof as we're not qualified - you then post a video of Michael Jackson audio to support your belief. The complete definition of hypocrisy.

The falsetto sounds NOTHING like Jason Malachi's. And if that's all you've got to 'prove' the vocals on the Cascio songs are Michael's, you should dig deeper. Try looking at the videos I posted. I think you'll find EVERYTHING on there sounds like the Cascio tracks. Not just a brief second. EVERYTHING.

Insulting fans for being hypocrites... is it allowed then? I think I am going to report you.

Why nobody reports people who treat non-believers and doubters as "conspiracy theorists"?

Don't spill your anger on Annie, you know very well that the "dividing the fanbase" was already said by me first.

Why nobody reports people who treat non-believers and doubters as "conspiracy theorists"?

OK, the first ocasion you can report me. Please do.

And no, not all of them are conspiracy theorists, not all of them!!!

OK, the first ocasion you can report me. Please do.

No, I don't do such things. Why reporting people knowing that the debate is heated and that the true issue is not a ban campaign of the fans but the three tracks and the opinions surrounding them?

Lol, keep it coming, you're only exposing yourself. Yes, I've quoted Sony and the Estate, you also seem to forget the countless times I've also said "Neither side has yet to offer any real evidence or proof regarding the matter". Also, how are my claims baseless? If I could post each your posts in this thread, I would, but it'd take a considerable amount of time. But ever since the "Michael Jackson Number One's...." thread, your posts have been to contradict someone else's statement, it wouldn't be that much of a problem if you weren't so rude in doing so, but each time, you've been rude and disrespectful to the other poster and their own opinion.

I didn't say you can't post audio because you're not qualified. I'd actually like you to show me where I ever made such claim. What I said was, the video's aren't fair comparisons, reasons being, you're complete complete songs by one artist, to an incomplete song by another, which were only completed after he had passed on. Another is, that you're comparing a recording of Malachi singing in a hallway and a studio vocal of someone singing into a recording microphone, again not a fair comparison.

The falsetto is similar to me, and it is one and the same compared to the one used in KYHU. Something I stated myself, and no way did I imply it as a fact, all I did was the same thing you do, and disputed your "proof" that it isn't Michael, with some "proof" that it is. People agreed, you don't, fine.

But keep it up with the insults, I welcome it, maybe then others will realize what I'm talking about.

Who's singing that? Is that Jason Malachi, is that James Porte? NO, It's Michael Jackson, using a similar pitch in falsetto as those in which are used in the Cascio recordings.

People don't need to listen to edited comparison video's where the pitch on the Cascio songs were altered to benefit an argument. No one, NO ONE, has ever admitted, in this thread anyway, that his voice doesn't sound different in these recordings. Different or not, people still recognize him, if you aren't comfortable with that, then that's just too bad, no pun intended.

If we are to believe the producer of Best of joy, that song is very very recent. And he was gonna perform it during TII. Do you hear this weird pitched voice on it? I surely don't.

Everyone cool it down now please. This isn't a place for name calling and the discussion has gone beyond heated. Respectfully disagree with each other or the thread will have to be closed for cleaning and infractions dished out to those who have taken it too far.

Best Of Joy was also rumored to be completed and mastered by Michael. Monster, Breaking News, Keep Your Head Up, and All I Need weren't.

I wonder what the cover art for "Monster"'s single will be? Maybe it'll be a camera locked in a cage...

Well, why not starting a petition to hear the demo or raw material that Teddy received before processing the songs? They have at least that, and I don't see how it could harm Michael's reputation. On the contrary, it would be interesting to see what exactly Teddy did to those songs.

Well, why not starting a petition to hear the demo or raw material that Teddy received before processing the songs? They have at least that, and I don't see how it could harm Michael's reputation. On the contrary, it would be interesting to see what exactly Teddy did to those songs.

I'd say the only chance of that happening is when/if they release a collection not unlike "The Ultimate Collection" and include demos of these songs. At least, that seems to be the most likely way of the original songs getting released.

I'd say the only chance of that happening is when/if they release a collection not unlike "The Ultimate Collection" and include demos of these songs. At least, that seems to be the most likely way of the original songs getting released.

Then we need some leaks.

Unfortunately, unless we have someone directly working in the studio where they mixed the album, that'd probably not happen, either. I would love to hear those demos. In fact, I'd love to hear all the demos to the songs on the album, like the original version of "Behind the Mask" and "Another Day".

True enough, Bumper. The problem with that is which one is the original that Teddy initially received, leaks can be done by anyone, therefore it isn't that easy to determine what and what has not been done to it.

True enough, Bumper. The problem with that is which one is the original that Teddy initially received, leaks can be done by anyone, therefore it isn't that easy to determine what and what has not been done to it.

That's also true. But then again we have the problem if the company who claims it is Michael on the songs make the demos available commercially, we still have to deal with the same people.

According to Taryll when he asked for the demos they answered that everything has been destroyed on Michael's demand. So we are clearly stuck with our own interpretations.

That's true, according to Taryll. I'd imagine that MJ would've only wanted the best demo of the bunch as a reference for the proper recordings when he would go to London.

We should remind ourselves that we are NOT here to turn ourselves one against each other. We all love Michael Jackson and we all do it out of love.

Some of us are happy to hear Michael. Some of us are angry not to hear Michael on those three tracks. We have to deal with it and try to understand each other's opinions. We must fight for the truth no matter what the truth is. We cannot just keep on and act indifferent regarding the issue of the three songs. We also must be sometimes harsh with the arguments to wake up each other, otherwise we'll stay stuck forever in a status quo situation. We do not have to accept each other's opinions, but we cannot remain indifferent either. So, I think that well constructed opinions are welcome even if they sound straightforward like Samhabib's. I don't think that Samhabib's purpose is to destroy or disrespect anyone, he's just being straightforward and at times impulsive. Come on guys, we are not going to have a ban campaign against each other!

:yes:

Btw, what is a PVC pipe that Michael supposedly recorded his vocals through for Monster?

I think it's like a plastic tube, like the tube he used to record certain vocals in "Billie Jean". I only think he used the PVC tube for the background vocals, though.

Monster is such a potential hit. Sony, make a great video, make sure radio stations play it and Michael will be #1 all over the world again.

Back