MONSTER - The Official Discussion Thread

Re: Video for 'MONSTER' will include footage of Michael in the studio!!

So because the "uproar" as you call it started they were supposed to scrap their plans for using the footage in a video to appease crazed fans on a fan site??

Check this out people, the rest of the real world does not care what the 0.00001 percent of MJ fans write on message boards. LOLOL

Hate to break it to you but to think that Sony or the Cascios would run the video out to shut you guys up when they might have plans for the footage to be used at the proper time is, well, ridiculous!!!

But they cared enough to go on Oprah to talk about it. Most people I have spoken to are well aware that the vocals sound dodgey and have asked 'Is this him?'. Then I have to end up answering with....I dont know.

Visual proof would be amazingly helpful!

But i'm pretty sure the vocals will sound completely different to those on the album. He may very well have sang it at some point, but that doesnt mean its him on the album really.....he may have recorded part of the song and then an impersonator filled in the rest.

And the saga continues.....................

And the saga continues.....................

Why would you pick out my post out of so many to make a point against? I'm actually open to being proven wrong. . . .In fact I would love it.

You just have to accept the fact that many of us hold strong opinions on this! Who are all of you to say that we would probably carry on with all this fake stuff if proof was presented to us?? What are you basing that on? So far no proof has been presented to us to make us think otherwise, so why would we have changed our mind so far?

Repeating things over and over again like 'Ohh the saga continues' and 'And it begins........' is stupid. For one thing it shows a lack of an arguement on your part, and its incredibly rude and arrogant to shut down others opinions like that.

I can understand it maybe frustrating for a lot of you who are trying to enjoy the album, but you have to understand that we arent all just saying this for fun. I'm pretty sure we would all love to be enjoying a new album right about now, rather than bickering over the authenticity of vocals on certain songs.

By all means, if their are posters here who just come in screaming 'fake! $ony $ucks' without backing it up, or they are just being rude in general. Go ahead and rip a hole in them because they deserve it! But dont go around just being rude and dismissive of everybody's opinion, especially those of us who are making an effort to keep things civilized and are actually constructing well thought out posts.

Have you all even noticed that the roles have completely reversed and the people who believe the vocals are Michael's have been acting a lot worse than the people who believe the vocals are fake lately?

ONLY - IF SONY has video of MJ singing the Cascio songs - don't you guys think they would have used it or just a short snippet of it to prove it was MJ on the Cascio songs?

That way they could have ended all speculation weeks ago. Sounds weird to me they would wait so long. Now the damage is done, and now it's damage controle. - If the had showed it a few days before Michael was released - or at least to the critics who heard the album before it was released - that way all doubt would have been shot down long time ago.

IF there are video of MJ singing the Cascio songs, it is an EPIC FAIL from SONY's side to only show it now - or in a few weeks (maybe more than a month) when the single and video is released! The damage is done now, even fans rate the album 1 star because they think there are fake vocals!

Listen, we all know Michael 'loved' controversy.... Maybe Sony feel that this whole situation will actually drum up more publicity for the album where they seem to be lacking in order for it to 'sell itself' i.e - The more controversial the stories are - the more hype/talk/buzz that will generate and media everywhere will write about it.

Now it is working...however what may have been better is if they'd just have invested in the right publicity themselves and shown footage of him singing the songs and we wouldn't be in this mess. If and when the footage emerges of him singing the Cascio songs then it will make fans, haters and the media look like idiots and again I'm sure Sony will just LOVE this - Again MORE publicity.

I am sure that the Casicos probably have their own video footage and are keeping quiet also because maybe they have been instructed by Sony, how else would Sony of acquired the footage?

Remember when Teddy Riley was on Oprah and she asked him what would MJ have to say about all of this news that some songs might not be his vocals? He said that Michael would of LOVED IT! He loved controversy and so it seems do Sony. I have never doubted it was him and I do not need video footage to prove it, although it seems we will be getting some nonetheless. :)

Last edited:

Even if there is a video do you really think it would stop some of these people? Look no further then TINI to see that some people are just thick

I don't believe those songs are real. So are you calling me thick?

I've had enough of it all and personally every time I see that album I'd like to snap it in half. But no, I have better ways of making myself feel better. I've already done one.

At least the Hendrix estate respects Jimi's work. Sure, they do re-releases but at least he's always on the albums and they seek feedback. What did Sony do to get feedback on this? Nothing. So my feedback is I really don't care about anything released from here on in. I really don't, and Vision sucked. Michael would be rolling in his grave. And personally I can't blame him.

Will.i.am, RedOne - stay far away from this 'legacy' bullshit - the only legacy from this whole saga is that the overpaid execs who don't know jack fucking shit about Michael's music, his quality control, anything like that will be happy to dine on their caviar on Friday nights and their expensive red wine. Legacy my arse. And then they'll complain about piracy. Sorry, if you keep letting people without any talent whatsoever into the business and releasing shit like this, then expect it to continue.

Exactly how I feel. Feel free to ban me for going against this thing, but I ain't taking it back.

Last edited:

who in the heck said it had to "LOOK GOOD ON VIDEO??????"

Well, its a Michael Jackson music video. I'm guessing they would probably like it to look good on video :doh:

Um, there are plenty of hit songs out there whose videos feature footage from the studio. In fact the biggest hit/longest running #1 single in Billboard's history has a video that consists entirely of studio footage (Mariah Carey's One Sweet Day). And there are many other examples.

Like it was mentioned above, such footage would be a unique look at MJ behind the scenes, which I'm sure most people would appreciate.

Is it really that hard to get what I'm saying..

I've never spoken out against videos with studio footage in general. Look at WMCIG. Great MJ video with clips from the sessions.

Now, imagine the concept of a person singing through a pipe/tube, while the footage is being sped up in order to match the vocals on the song. This is what we can expect, if we are to believe Teddy Riley and the Cascios.

The fans would love any glimpse of MJ recording a song, no doubt. But to the general public, it would seem strange, rather bizare, and not a great way to promote a single. At least this is what I personally think, my own opinion on the matter.

Michael is dead, dude. You realize that, correct
I do realise that Michael is deceased. Thanks for reminding me.

I know. Alright I'm still a fan but not of what's being done here. Easy - when Sony brings out something that is him through and through - a full box set - I'll get that. But anything else, no thanks.

Glad about you still being a fan. I know where you are coming from, but can I just say that if you can forget the Cascio tracks then you might find there are some fine MJ moments on the album for you.

How do we know that they are not going to tamper with footage??

We'll just have to wait and see their proof and see if it's believable.

Yes! Monster is awesome :wild:

Glad about you still being a fan. I know where you are coming from, but can I just say that if you can forget the Cascio tracks then you might find there are some fine MJ moments on the album for you.

Best Of Joy and Much Too Soon. That's it.

It's just moments like these (you need minties). No, no...you just get worked up. Few reocrds of many I've listened to have done this to me (emotion, anger etc) but unfortunately this one has.

Live and let die, it's done - next one hopefully rectifies the crap (for me at least IMO) that this one has put on us.

Yes because let's all agree this album is perfect.

Honest thoughts in my opinion: it's shit. I'm done - I'm finished being a fan.

I wasn't saying that everything is OK. Just that you should stop accusing someone for beeing an impersonator in a video you haven't seen.

Last edited:

It's just moments like these (you need minties). No, no...you just get worked up. Few reocrds of many I've listened to have done this to me (emotion, anger etc) but unfortunately this one has.

Live and let die, it's done - next one hopefully rectifies the crap (for me at least IMO) that this one has put on us.

I'd like to see your reaction if it's really proved that MJ sung that songs :ph34r:

drewhiggins;3137325 said:

Brother, seriously I feel your frustrations and disappointment and although I feel the complete opposite, it doesn't mean that what you are going through isn't valid. We are all a family here, all connected by our love for this one man and he wouldn't want any of us feeling this way. Listen. When you have something to vent or get off your chest remember, we arnt the bad guys, we are your allies and will be supportive as much as we possibly can. It's a sensitive time and with every album emotions are brought out in us, ones we never anticipated. It was the same thing with Invincible but for very different reasons, although I remember even back then there were questions about Michael's vocals particularly in 2000 Watts and fans arguing over that so nothing has changed sadly.

You enjoy the songs you want to enjoy from the new album for now, who knows over time your mind may change and you may grow to love the others, no one is going to judge you for it. Afterall it's art, and not everyone will like what's been created. I hope you get solace in whatever it is you seek from the new music somehow, just as I have done.

Your MJ brother, Seány.:)

André89;3137316 said:
Is it really that hard to get what I'm saying..

I've never spoken out against videos with studio footage in general. Look at WMCIG. Great MJ video with clips from the sessions.

Now, imagine the concept of a person singing through a pipe/tube, while the footage is being sped up in order to match the vocals on the song. This is what we can expect, if we are to believe Teddy Riley and the Cascios.

The fans would love any glimpse of MJ recording a song, no doubt. But to the general public, it would seem strange, rather bizare, and not a great way to promote a single. At least this is what I personally think, my own opinion on the matter.

I do realise that Michael is deceased. Thanks for reminding me.

Sorry Andrè89, but i've to ask You:

Are you really sane? (And i'm just asking!)

Why are you pursuing the "singing-through-a-tube-thing" like only a crazy & hungry cat would chase a mouse?

It was said, Michael recorded SOME BACKING Vocals through a pipe/tube.
NOT THE WHOLE SONG!
Nothing more, nothing less.

And the "sped up thing" is what YOU concluded! So take it for what it' worth!

And just for YOU Andrè, the IMPORTANT things in capital letters.

Body Doubles !!!!!!!

j/k

So we are about to witness proof? Let's see that

Of course this means I get to see Michael (closeup from the front), in the Cascio studio, singing whole phrases from Monster (and not just abstract words) and sounding exactly like in the final recording.

I seriously doubt it and if they had such footage they should have shown it BEFORE the album's release. Which also means they helped this release to fail

EDIT Besides let's think of it this way. If the Cascios had footage of him in their studio with sound and all singing THEIR songs (not other songs, because it is highly possible that Michael did indeed spend time in the Cascios' studio and the kids have also verified that) then there wouldn't be any need for Sony to bring in experts to examine the songs (if they really did that IDK). And of course the family would be easily convinced and we the fans would be convinced and sales would be better etc etc

Last edited:

^^ They won't have footage of Michael singing the lyrics, because it's not Michael's voice on the song. If such footage really existed do you not think they would've shown it to the family to silence their doubts??

I bet you anything they'll just use footage of Michael in the Cascio's studio and then claim that's their proof!

If that's the best they've got then I'm really done with this whole situation.

Dorian;3137329 said:
I'd like to see your reaction if it's really proved that MJ sung that songs :ph34r:
I can tell you that reaction right now: I'd be in shock.

I wasn't saying that everything is OK. Just that you should stop accusing someone for beeing an impersonator in a video you haven't seen.
I was focusing on the vocals. What I wrote was nothing to with the video, even if I posted in a video thread.

Brother, seriously I feel your frustrations and disappointment and although I feel the complete opposite, it doesn't mean that what you are going through isn't valid. We are all a family here, all connected by our love for this one man and he wouldn't want any of us feeling this way. Listen. When you have something to vent or get off your chest remember, we arnt the bad guys, we are your allies and will be supportive as much as we possibly can. It's a sensitive time and with every album emotions are brought out in us, ones we never anticipated. It was the same thing with Invincible but for very different reasons, although I remember even back then there were questions about Michael's vocals particularly in 2000 Watts and fans arguing over that so nothing has changed sadly.

You enjoy the songs you want to enjoy from the new album for now, who knows over time your mind may change and you may grow to love the others, no one is going to judge you for it. Afterall it's art, and not everyone will like what's been created. I hope you get solace in whatever it is you seek from the new music somehow, just as I have done.

Your MJ brother, Seány.
Thank you. 2000 Watts I never questioned - this I do but oh well. The album is now there and we've got it now. Not like MJ is here to command how things go down.

If you are all expecting to see a video of Michael singing Monster, while hearing the same vocals that we hear on the album. Then you are all setting yourselves up for a big dissapointment I think.....it will be nothing like that.

At most, it will be Michael singing a few bits from Monster and it will sound nothing like the vocals on the album.

If we do get to see a video and the vocals do sound the same as those on the album. I invite you all to quote this post and reply to it as much as you want saying 'Hahahahahaha you were wrong, you were wrong! Dont you look stupid!'

^^ They won't have footage of Michael singing the lyrics, because it's not Michael's voice on the song. If such footage really existed do you not think they would've shown it to the family to silence their doubts??

I bet you anything they'll just use footage of Michael in the Cascio's studio and then claim that's their proof!

If that's the best they've got then I'm really done with this whole situation.

That's what I expect too. But I also want to think further because the Cascios and Riley don't seem to give up. Even though they got away with this, they still seem persistant to prove it is him. Therefore I am trying to get into their minds a bit to understand what they could come up with so that I won't get surprised.

My ears are more than certain that it is not him. What I believe is that they tried everything to convince us, statements of all kind, the Oprah show. Since they failed to do so, and since they still insist to persuade us, they move on to the next step which this time it must be solid proof, like video footage. And that scares me a bit to be honest when I think of what they may come up with

I think the believers seem to be under the impression that if some real proof emerges that the Cascio songs are truly MJ's vocals then the non-believers will be cowering in a corner crying their eyes out.

Do you think any of us want to believe this?? I would be over the moon if the estate released solid proof that the Cascio songs are real, not because I'm madly in love with the songs or anything (they're okay, nothing special), but because the thought of an impersonator singing three tracks on an official Michael Jackson album makes me feel sick to the stomach.

I would give anything to be wrong. I feel certain that I'm not, but please, if this footage exists prove me wrong and shut us up once and for all.

That's what I expect too. But I also want to think further because the Cascios and Riley don't seem to give up. Even though they got away with this, they still seem persistant to prove it is him. Therefore I am trying to get into their minds a bit to understand what they could come up with so that I won't get surprised.

My ears are more than certain that it is not him. What I believe is that they tried everything to convince us, statements of all kind, the Oprah show. Since they failed to do so, and since they still insist to persuade us, they move on to the next step which this time it must be solid proof, like video footage. And that scares me a bit to be honest when I think of what they may come up with

People are joking about the prospect of them hiring a lookalike to record this footage... at one time I would've laughed at this as well.

Now, after the Cascio tracks, anything is possible.

I am truly scared for Michael's legacy, being left in the hands of business suits and clueless chimps who know jack shit about Michael's music.

Back