Most likely estate releases over the next year?

If I want to know more I just ask those who were on the inside, not someone standing on the outside..

Dirty Diana was definitely rehearsed as Micheal Bearden and orianthi confirmed it to me on twitter saying that his performance was great. Also there are photos of MJ rehearsing it with the red lighting and flames on the right of the poster with mj and orianthi. I think Sony saved a lot of footage as an investment for the future

Last edited:
For the thirty-sixth anniversary? Such a random year to celebrate. Odds are if there's any OTW re-release next year, it (a) won't include any new songs, and (b) won't be touted as an anniversary compilation.

You're not understanding what i mean, Thriller 25 was released for it's 26th anniversary. What's so special about the 26th anniversary of an album release? exactly, their's my point. Off The Wall was still fresh & new in 1980, Destiny Tour was still going and the short film for 'Rock With You' was released in 1980 also, i think it would be great for 'Off The Wall' to have another moment in the spotlight.

Will you be there was also rehearsed, definitely. There is a short clip from the dance sequence when they lift up MJ and that very last scene from TII where the text says "love lasts forever" is actually from WYBT and not man in the mirror. It is from the part when he says "for You are always in my heart" from Will You Be There. True story

I think we're done with you, Onir. Carry on.

You're not understanding what i mean, Thriller 25 was released for it's 26th anniversary. What's so special about the 26th anniversary of an album release? exactly, their's my point. Off The Wall was still fresh & new in 1980, Destiny Tour was still going and the short film for 'Rock With You' was released in 1980 also, i think it would be great for 'Off The Wall' to have another moment in the spotlight.

Thriller 25 was first announced in November 2007, exactly twenty-five years since the original premiered, and debuted in stores four months later -- more than close enough to still be considered a twenty-fifth anniversary release. Off the Wall, meanwhile, debuted thirty-five years ago -- definitely not a date worthy of commemoration.

I'm not saying an OTW re-release is out of the question. I'm saying that celebrating its thirty-fifth anniversary just sounds stupid and impractical.

I'd go with HIStory 20th in 2015.
We already got the official calendar!
It's HIStory, it's 20 years. You got the superb Album. You got some of the best short films. You got the great theatrical HIStory world tour (i can't understand the heat that this show get's). You got the GHOSTS masterpiece. You even got the 5 Blood On The Dance Floor songs, including some of his best songs ever! There simply should be MORE LIGHT shining on that stuff!

You also got opportunities to make some kind of fitting or creative release:
Making an HIStory Book 2 to come full circle. And finally releasing Book 1 as a stand alone (one disc/only the new songs) release.

Last edited:
HIStory is my favorite Michael album, but there is no way it's going to get any anniversary reissue.

Compare "For All Time" from the Dangerous sessions to Thriller 25. Much of a difference? No. It's true MJ could have completely changed a song, but I think it's more likely he would keep it much the same in order to keep the songs original ambiance/mood and emotion.

Why are you mentioning For All Time? Why don't you respond to my examples? He finished For All Time ALONE. Without any producers influence. And for an anniversary album! Not for a new studio album.

Last edited:
HIStory is my favorite Michael album, but there is no way it's going to get any anniversary reissue.

It's my close 2nd favourite but I agree. It's not even contained in the Collection box set that was released after he died. It's very over looked. I remember when Invincible came out it was billed in some articles and reviews as his first full studio album since Dangerous.

It's my close 2nd favourite but I agree. It's not even contained in the Collection box set that was released after he died. It's very over looked. I remember when Invincible came out it was billed in some articles and reviews as his first full studio album since Dangerous.

Wow that's crazy. I believe the estate is open for the idea of commemorating history accompanied with a concert from the tour, even chewbacca himself said that History was his favorite MJ album.

I'd go with HIStory 20th in 2015.

That'd be totally inconsistent though. I think we can all assume that we're getting Dangerous 25 in 2016, right? So if we got History 20th, it would be like:

2008 - THRILLER 25
2012 - BAD 25
2015 - HISTORY 20
2016 - DANGEROUS 25

Having it like that on my shelf would really erk me haha. Not only are the numbers inconsistent, but you'd have HIStory jumping ahead of the queue before Dangerous' anniversary re-release! I'm happy to wait another 5 years for HIStory to get an anniversary release, if it does.

Personally i like the sound of 'Off The Wall 35th anniversary edition' a lot more than 40th/45th.. i think it's Michael's greatest work (that is overlooked by many) and it deserves to have a re-release as much as the other albums do, if their were to be some bonus tracks then i would love to hear a demo for 'I Can't Help It' along with some unreleased tracks from 1976-1980.. in particular 'Going To Rio' name sounds like a hit, and it would be nice if they promoted the album properly, Destiny/Triumph theatrical montage would be wonderful. Who knows though, all we do know is that the album is at least getting a docu.

Why does everything have to be an anniversary re-release related though? I often see people suggest releases related to some sort of anniversary. I've always vouched to hear some sort of album that's in the style of The Beatles Anthology, essentially just an album of demos, interview snippets, alternative takes and even a few 'new' completed songs (I say 'new' because obviously John Lennon's vocals weren't new considering these albums were done in the mid 90s).

I'd love to see some sort of album like this for Michael as The Beatles Anthology albums have given me a valuable insight into the construction of some of the most beloved songs in music history! They've elevated my appreciation for their innovation and creativity in regards to music and the same experience could be had for many, but with Michael!!

They could even include dedicated, detailed tracks of studio session recordings, where we hear Michael discuss with his producers what exactly he is aiming for. Recordings of Michael composing with his voice, trying out different things. Wouldn't it be amazing if we heard him work on the beatboxing for Tabloid Junkie?! You can actually hear The Beatles communicate with each other sometimes on the tracks on the Anthology albums, give feedback to each other and it's just absolutely fascinating! I know there's at least some recordings of Michael working because we have that recording of him singing Dig It and then mentioning he'd love to plug in an electric guitar and create some magic (which many speculate evolved into Give Into Me).

Case in point for those unfamiliar:

I remember the Beat It demo went a bit viral earlier this year, even a classmate of mine brought it up with me one day during class and said she found it amazing.

I don't see that happening under Epic/Sony Music label. I would love it though.

I'm with HIStoric -- an Anthology themed box set would be wonderful.

Definitely... but there's a depressing fact attached to the Beatles anthology. The first anthology came out 25 years after Let It Be was released. Hopefully we will still have surprises and gems for many years. Untouched surprises.

Definitely... but there's a depressing fact attached to the Beatles anthology. The first anthology came out 25 years after Let It Be was released. Hopefully we will still have surprises and gems for many years. Untouched surprises.

You definitely have a point here.

I'm hoping to see something like that for 2017, to cap off the Sony contract. A box set of alternate takes, early demo versions and maybe some acapellas. It's the prime sort of project to (a) minimize the amount of already-released songs, and (b) put out some of the less-developed MJ songs (Gloucestershire, People of the World). I'm definitely backing that sort of project.

Personally i like the sound of 'Off The Wall 35th anniversary edition' a lot more than 40th/45th.. i think it's Michael's greatest work (that is overlooked by many) and it deserves to have a re-release as much as the other albums do, if their were to be some bonus tracks then i would love to hear a demo for 'I Can't Help It' along with some unreleased tracks from 1976-1980.. in particular 'Going To Rio' name sounds like a hit, and it would be nice if they promoted the album properly, Destiny/Triumph theatrical montage would be wonderful. Who knows though, all we do know is that the album is at least getting a docu.

ok lol

I would love a Off The Wall re-release with documentary, outtakes, a Triumph Tour DVD and much more!

I think that a Dangerous 25th release is a great idea too!

2015 should be an interesting year cause they have plenty of options to go with for a release.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Zakk

:hysterical:

Back