Motown

The Temptations / Ain't Too Proud To Beg

1966, David Ruffin on lead.

Last edited:

Stevie Wonder featuring The Jackson 5 / You Haven’t Done Nothin’ [1974]

3m 31s

Stevie Wonder featuring The Jackson 5 / You Haven’t Done Nothin’ [1974]

3m 31s
Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Don't post this! It kills me!!!

Full disclosure - I have posted this myself, lol. :ROFLMAO:

I love this song more than I can ever say and you just made my morning so thank you for that.

Best lyric - "Jackson 5 sing along again ..."

But also - "Doo doo wop, oh oh oh, doo doo wop"

Jackson Five / You Need Love Like I Do (Don’t You?) [written by Norman Whitfield & Barrett Strong]

3m 46s

Thank you for all the songs! 😥

Jackson Five / You Need Love Like I Do (Don’t You?) [written by Norman Whitfield & Barrett Strong]

3m 46s

Thank you for all the songs! 😥
Amen to that. Barrett was an exquisite gem and a blessing. We were lucky to have had him.

It’s unbelievable, the amount of timeless classics Barrett has penned.
IKR. He didn't just write 'good' songs, he really did write stuff that turns into the soundtrack of your life in so many ways. Just so many brilliant, brilliant songs.

As you say, timeless classics. :) 💔

Smokey Robinson talks briefly about Bob Dylan and then about Martin Luther King Jr and a version of his 'I Have A Dream' speech being recorded by Tamla Motown.

5m

"So in June 1963, King allowed Motown to record a speech in Detroit. An estimated 125,000 people attended the rally, which raised money for the SCLC and would come to be known as the Walk to Freedom. While now overshadowed by the March on Washington, the speech King gave at Cobo Hall includes the refrain “I have a dream” in cascading waves of conviction, presaging what would become one of the most enduring lines of the 20th century."

Short video about Willie Hutch, producer at Motown, worked with J5 and Michael as solo artist.

10m 24s

Motown in Italy:

https://mcrfb.com/?p=66973

and Germany:

France:

"You helped establish Motown’s first French office in the 70s. What was your aim?
Motown had gotten very little airplay in France. Only a couple of releases – like ‘Fingertips’ by Little Stevie Wonder, or ‘Baby Love’ by The Supremes – were exceptions. The first massive French Motown hits were The Temptations’ ‘Papa Was A Rolling Stone’ and Stevie Wonder’s ‘Superstition’. After that, we made sure Motown would get hit after hit."

Can't find anything for Spain

Last edited:
The Supremes

GJ7vbHMXIAA25X-

Back