Munich's Michael Jackson shrine threatened with closure after fights between fans

Wait, WHAT??! This sounds like something the satirical site, The Onion, came up with! :hysterical: :lmao: :doh:

Extremism in ANY format, for any cause, etc. isn't a good thing. Wow, people...

MJISIS_zps1ea54c81.jpg

Last edited:
I have only just got involved in the online MJ fan community, before that my love of him and his music was just a personal thing and I didn't have any idea really what was going on with fans in the wider world.

What has surprised me is the existence of different factions; old fans, new fans, pro-estate, anti-estate, etc. I may be naive, but even now I don't really understand all the vitriol that's spouted in some quarters and why the fans are so divided.

I'm glad to say though that all my interactions here have been overwhelmingly positive.

The fan community is divided in more factions than can be counted unfortunately. Monolithic and one dimensional things aren't all that grand either and I am a firm believer in diversity, but still.....there is far too much negativity spread around. This petty little incident is only one of the most visible ones.

Sad that Michael's message of love gets lost in all the fighting. I wonder if fans will ever be as united as they were back in 2005 and 2009. Isn't it a shame people come together only in the most trying of circumstances? But I guess it's human nature.

Last edited:
Michael's death really broke us from the inside out - the lack of foundation and unity in the fanbase now is a manifestation of that. I hope that some day we can come back together, but even six years on there is too much pain and suffering, and it blinds many people. That doesn't excuse their behavior, but I will bet dollars to dougnuts that's where it's coming from.

In 2005 and 2009 - those are the times he really needed us the most. That isn't superfluous hopeful wishing - it's the truth. The few people around him during the trial were adamant that our support and belief in him helped him immensely. He said it himself many times, before, during, and after. We were the ones there for him when no one else really was. And it was of course the same in 2009 - we needed each other equally, and we rose to the occasion of doing right by him, because there was no other option anymore, and we had to take it by the reins so to speak. We all have different opinions of the who's and whats around him during This is It, but everyone around him also said the same thing - us being there (Buying the tickets, showing support, the lucky ducks who were able to visit during rehearsals and see him) - that's who he was doing it for.

When the fanbase remembers, as a whole, that he still needs us now, just in a different way, that's when we will re-unite again.

Last edited:
I have only just got involved in the online MJ fan community, before that my love of him and his music was just a personal thing and I didn't have any idea really what was going on with fans in the wider world.

What has surprised me is the existence of different factions; old fans, new fans, pro-estate, anti-estate, etc. I may be naive, but even now I don't really understand all the vitriol that's spouted in some quarters and why the fans are so divided.

I'm glad to say though that all my interactions here have been overwhelmingly positive.

That's pretty much how it was/still is for me. Back in the day (pre-internet age) being a fan meant you loved the music, bought the music, went to concerts and maybe pen pal with someone in the official fan club. We actually wrote letters on paper to each other and to Mike (along with the rest of the J5), lol! I never saw loving Mike's music, etc. as a group thing, something that lumped people together, because so many people from so many factions dig it. I also love Van Halen (Roth era, ONLY), but don't consider myself part of some VH clan, what-have-you.

Maybe that's where some of Mike's fans have it twisted; thinking that because we have Mike in common we should lump ourselves into a group that are assumed to think alike, feel alike and are friends.

There has to be more brought to the table before I consider someone a friend or family. Some words people toss around too loosely.

Agree...

andjustice4MJ ?@andjustice4some 14. Aug.

God, I'm so tired of the drama and hate. We need to take the fan base back with LOVE #MJfam. #StandWithMichaelJackson

11855891_10153111502971309_3981165752853493233_n.jpg

11880513_10153111502976309_5147770177558625827_n.jpg

Back