Musician sues over Timbaland produced Xscape track Chicago.

I really don't know how he got my hard drive, all I know is that the day we had our discovery, I asked my attorney, where's Corey? My attorney told me that his attorney made a deal with us. I said to my attorney, what kind of deal? He said that he would tell me after the discovery. My attorney said that Corey Rooney attorney said the Corey had my hard drive and if we let him off the case, he would surrender my hard drive. I send you guys the courts documents, it's all there. I wasn't trying to make a quick buck or anything like that. I just wanted to get compensate of my music. I didn't want you guys thinking that I was going after Michael Jackson, but I had to include whoever knew it Michael.Cory Rooney said that he played the song for Mike. Michael Jackson didn't know that it was my music. Cory knew.
Best
Sidney Earl Swanson
Sounds like corey played you

Sounds like corey played you

AGREEMENT
NOW, THEREFORE, ni consideration of therecitals, mutual covenants
and other good and valuable consideration contained in this Agreement, the Parties agree a s follows:
1. a.
Considerationa n dDismissalo fClaims.
In satisfaction of all claims that are asserted in or are the subiect of
the Action, including any litigation fees and costs allegedly incurred by Plaintiff, and in exchange for the release of claims and the promises contained in this Agreement:
(1) Defendant waives a n d releases Plaintiff from any obligation to pay his attorneys' fees or costs arising under the Copyright Act from the Action;
(2) Defendant has authorized his counsel, David Fink, to accept service of a deposition subpoena and/or trial subpoena in the Action on his behalf;
(3) Defendant wil produce, at Plaintiff's expense, the relevant audio recordings from a hard drive in his possession that relate to the Action for use solely in
t h eAction.
Page 2 of 9
Here's the agreement that was made.

AGREEMENT
NOW, THEREFORE, ni consideration of therecitals, mutual covenants
and other good and valuable consideration contained in this Agreement, the Parties agree a s follows:
1. a.
Considerationa n dDismissalo fClaims.
In satisfaction of all claims that are asserted in or are the subiect of
the Action, including any litigation fees and costs allegedly incurred by Plaintiff, and in exchange for the release of claims and the promises contained in this Agreement:
(1) Defendant waives a n d releases Plaintiff from any obligation to pay his attorneys' fees or costs arising under the Copyright Act from the Action;
(2) Defendant has authorized his counsel, David Fink, to accept service of a deposition subpoena and/or trial subpoena in the Action on his behalf;
(3) Defendant wil produce, at Plaintiff's expense, the relevant audio recordings from a hard drive in his possession that relate to the Action for use solely in
t h eAction.
Page 2 of 9
Here's the agreement that was made.
sorry sidney i dont understand things in law terms can u explain

This is Sidney Earl Swanson
Cory Rooney had my hard drive. We let him off the case for exchange for my hard drive. Why don’t you do a interview on me and get the facts. My music was was originally written in 1976. I have all of the court documents to prove it.
Chicago wasn't writing in 1999 according to decovery

yes, How can I upload to share it we you. I can share everything. We let Cory Rooney off the case in return for him surrendering my hard drive. It’s all on the court documents.
How can this case been resolved in your favor when Rooney is off the case? Why are the others blamed when it was Rooney himself who presented that song as his own?

Good question, this all came up during discovery. Everyone was lying about writing and producing my music. Corey went behind there back to give us this information. So there is the copyright infringement and royalty now

How can this case been resolved in your favor when Rooney is off the case? Why are the others blamed when it was Rooney himself who presented that song as his own?
Now it's about the royalties. Corey didn't collect any royalties. He just sold my songs. The reason why he came forward because he didn't have any money for attorney expense The only thing that he could do was to turnover my hard drive.

What do you mean by this? There was a demo of Chicago on your hard drive?
Yes but it wasn't named Chicago originally The original name was On the Move on my copyright and the other name was Over the Edge. The weird thing about this I'm originally from Chicago. That's where I wrote my music. The name was changed to Chicago with it stolen. Do you understand ?
Let me know if you have any other questions.

So let me get this straight, the version that Mike recorded with Corey, lyrics and all, was a version you had made with the exact same lyrics and melody that was presented as a “writers demo” by Corey to MJ unbeknownst to you?

So let me get this straight, the version that Mike recorded with Corey, lyrics and all, was a version you had made with the exact same lyrics and melody that was presented as a “writers demo” by Corey to MJ unbeknownst to you?
I had nothing to do with the lyrics, I originally wrote the music for a movie score.

So mike recorded the song unknowingly it was actually yours?
I think that if Mike did know he would probably tried to make things right. But some people that know the Jackson family don't believe that it's Michael singing. Because there is no video of him singing it other than the smooth criminal video. I can't really confirm that. That's what I was told.

PreliminaryFindings
6. "OntheMove" is instrumental only; it contains no vocal material. The workfeatures
a distinctive bass line melody, performed in conjunction with a synthesizer chordal part, guitar,
drums, percussion and atmospheric sound effects.
7. "Chicago" is a song containing both vocal and instrumental material. The bass line
melody is very prominent and central to the instrumental accompaniment.
8. The most obvious similarity between the two works is found in their bass lines and
accompanyingharmonies. See Musical Examples I and 2 below for a comparison ofthe first
occurrence of the similar eight-bar passage in each work. In thesemusical examples, scale
degrees are indicated above the notes, and chord names are indicated above the first bar ofeach
chord ni the progression:

PreliminaryFindings
6. "OntheMove" is instrumental only; it contains no vocal material. The workfeatures
a distinctive bass line melody, performed in conjunction with a synthesizer chordal part, guitar,
drums, percussion and atmospheric sound effects.
7. "Chicago" is a song containing both vocal and instrumental material. The bass line
melody is very prominent and central to the instrumental accompaniment.
8. The most obvious similarity between the two works is found in their bass lines and
accompanyingharmonies. See Musical Examples I and 2 below for a comparison ofthe first
occurrence of the similar eight-bar passage in each work. In thesemusical examples, scale
degrees are indicated above the notes, and chord names are indicated above the first bar ofeach
chord ni the progression:
Wait, so you made She was lovin' me?

I think that if Mike did know he would probably tried to make things right. But some people that know the Jackson family don't believe that it's Michael singing. Because there is no video of him singing it other than the smooth criminal video. I can't really confirm that. That's what I was told.
Yep if mike knew he wouldve done the right thing

I remember you saying all this way back in 2014, 2015. There wasn't a lot of traction, but I didn't really doubt your sincerity. Knowing there's more to this is a little fascinating though.

Okay, you remember that, that was when. I found this community. Some thought that I was trying to make a quick buck, but there’s more to it. This music came from my hard drive.

Back