New All-Star Tribute album?

There is still hope..
IMG_4277.png
Cool, now when are they announcing this?

I still find it weird so long has passed and still no new info, no statements, nothing.

Only loud silence...

Is this project dead? (maybe blocked by The Estate?) or do you think we will get it eventually?

I still find it weird so long has passed and still no new info, no statements, nothing.

Only loud silence...

Is this project dead? (maybe blocked by The Estate?) or do you think we will get it eventually?
I mean this new post with the cover seems to be a confirmation on its own. Sounds like we're getting it after all. And it's very odd that they didn't use any image of his nor his name. So it must be happening without the estate's blessing.

Or we could just ya know, hear his actual writing and later work instead of acting like others finishing (and possibly even singing over it) is somehow the same thing.
And whose fault is it we're not getting MJ songs, the people in charge of this project or the Estate? I'd rather get something then nothing.

Here’s my perspective: the likelihood we will ever see these songs on an official release is slim to none, even when MJ’s children eventually take over. Any song that IS complete enough to make an album will either be remixed to some degree, regardless of our stance on it.

Obviously this isn’t the most ideal or authentic way of hearing MJ’s later works. But given the circumstances, it’s the only route.

And whose fault is it we're not getting MJ songs, the people in charge of this project or the Estate? I'd rather get something then nothing.
Will never really understand this whole "I'd rather have something that isn't even what I want than the thing that I want" mindset that a lot of fans seems to be on right now.

So We are just MJ meatriders here, good to know.
"I'd rather have something that isn't even what I want than the thing that I want"
Love the way you said the exact freaking opposite of what I said just to fit this "us vs them" narrative you got going on. Because you know what I want right?

I'll never understand the "If it's not exactly how I want it it's garbage and no one should like it, I only listen to Pure MJ, all other music be damned" attitude so many entitled MJ stans have.

I wanna hear the songs. That's what I WANT. I'll always wanna hear MJ but there's only so much potential for that left. I can still enjoy a good song. And I don't have to explain that to anyone.

So We are just MJ meatriders here, good to know.

Love the way you said the exact freaking opposite of what I said just to fit this "us vs them" narrative you got going on. Because you know what I want right?
Yeah, because "it's better than nothing" is something I regularly say when I want something.

I didn't say the opposite of what you said at all.

There's no narrative I think you're just getting annoyed at what I said

Last edited:
I'll never understand the "If it's not exactly how I want it it's garbage and no one should like it, I only listen to Pure MJ, all other music be damned" attitude so many entitled MJ stans have.

I wanna hear the songs. That's what I WANT. I'll always wanna hear MJ but there's only so much potential for that left. I can still enjoy a good song. And I don't have to explain that to anyone.
This is an MJ fan forum my dude. I don't know why you're acting like it's the biggest revelation in the world that some here aren't interested in stuff that isn't even MJ lol.

This is the first time I'm hearing that wanting to hear stuff MJ actually made is entitled lol.

I mean this new post with the cover seems to be a confirmation on its own. Sounds like we're getting it after all. And it's very odd that they didn't use any image of his nor his name. So it must be happening without the estate's blessing.
The post isn't new. I checked with Internet Archive and it has been there for months.

This is an MJ fan forum my dude. I don't know why you're acting like it's the biggest revelation in the world that some here aren't interested in stuff that isn't even MJ lol.

This is the first time I'm hearing that wanting to hear stuff MJ actually made is entitled lol.
If you wanna talk about hearing stuff MJ made then there's the thread talking exclusively about the unreleased songs. This is a thread for "All-Star Tribute album", correct? We know exactly what it is on the tin, there is no confusion here. Why criticize something being done that can have good results and fans, when it's been very clear what it's not? When the estate hasn't even endorsed it and it's not even meant to be an "official" release, it is made for the fans and for us to enjoy it.

If you don't want it that's fine, I don't care. If you just say it's not for me, not interested, I get it. But the flippant tone in your (and others) words is what set me off.
It's really starting to feel to me that fans will support anything without even asking any questions.

No, rather nothing than something that isn’t genuine.

Yeah, because "it's better than nothing" is something I regularly say when I want something.

I didn't say the opposite of what you said at all.

There's no narrative I think you're just getting annoyed at what I said
But something is the opposite of nothing. So when it comes to one or the other I know which one I’m happiest with. At least if it’s here the choice of ignoring it is an option.

Back