New book? 'All The Songs: The Story Behind Every Track'

My girlfriend surprised me with this book last night as an early Valentine's Day gift........completely didn't see that coming!!! I had just been looking at it on Amazon a couple days earlier after seeing this thread and was planning on buying it when the $$ was right. I haven't scratched the surface of it yet but I am THOROUGHLY impressed so far. I consider myself a pretty knowledgeable fan of MJ's but I'm sure a large percentage of info in this massive book is gonna be new to me (hopefully)......its like Christmas again!!! lol

I havent read it yet but sounds like its a good book

Thanks for the info about the book! I hadn't heard about it before! Looks really interesting. And I saw they have Best of Joy listed as well so I think I'll buy that book. I really wanna know more about the "new" songs since we know so little about them. Just hoping the information is accurate....

Just fyi, it's at Costco.. that's where I got mine, well for Christmas I got it.

I loveeeeee the book its got so much info bout the songs its impressive

Hi! People who have read this book, all those quotes about every MJ songs, are they interesting, news, worth the price?

Great book I got it for Christmas and I just finished reading it. Very impressive amount of information with a tonne of insight, any big MJ fan needs this.

I Am KOPV and I approve this message.

;) it's good stuff

Is there any new info for the hardcore fans? Joe Vogels book for instance was great to read, but hardly shared new insights.
And does it cover only album tracks, or also outtakes, posthumous stuff and unreleased stuff?

Is there any new info for the hardcore fans? Joe Vogels book for instance was great to read, but hardly shared new insights.
And does it cover only album tracks, or also outtakes, posthumous stuff and unreleased stuff?

It talks about all released songs, including the material on MICHAEL, XSCAPE and other known about demos.

^ I'll add there are a few take away stories that I doubt fans have heard (or remember).. in studio stories and so on.

Hi - do you have a link to where I can buy the Maestro? I remember having a flyer for it when i was really young but no means of ordering or paying for it then (think it was import and around $40 back in the late 90s. many thanks

Share some small stories of the book so we can all see if it's interesting or not.
I've always been interested in the background story of "be not always" and "shake your body down to the ground".

Back