New documentary about 1993-concert from Michael in Moscow

Re: New documentary about 1993-concert from Michael in Moskow

Funny.

Did you see him against the lamp post?

I love this documentary. Very well done. I wish it was longer.

I sent the video to Spike Lee....just a few weeks ago we were telling him about the picture of MJ leaning against the lamp post.

lol

I haven't seen this film yet, I just can't seem to make myself watch anything about Michael until I hear the verdict... But I saw bits and pieces of this footage when they showed it on the news after his visit and later.. and I love it :) especially the part where the kids present him with a jar of stewed fruit :)

Great documentary (with a couple exceptions of what was said). The people interviewed spoke of him with such admiration and it was so cute when the guy told how he kissed Michael on the cheek. He just couldn't help himself. :D

I have no words to describe Michael's cuteness in the hospital... :wub:

I absolutely L.O.V.E. this documentary!

It again shows how caring Michael was (the footage in the orphanage). It's a shame all this backfired on him. That's Michael, pure and simple. I will never understand why people believe(d) he was molesting kids. There's so much proof out there that he simply loved them from the bottom of his heart.

I love the scene where he's tickling the baby :wub:

Re: New documentary about 1993-concert from Michael in Moskow

Funny.

Did you see him against the lamp post?

I love this documentary. Very well done. I wish it was longer.

I sent the video to Spike Lee....just a few weeks ago we were telling him about the picture of MJ leaning against the lamp post.

lol

Yes, I saw him against the lamp post. Such an iconic picture. I immediately thought of Strange of Moscow. It's quite unbelievable that the picture was taken at minutes before Michael left Moscow.

I really love this documentary. Very well done.

I know. His smile melts my heart. I agree this is the type of documentary I enjoy a lot. I don't need to read any more private details. That smile said it all. :wub:

I was just thinking the same thing....That's all I ever need to see...If anyone wants to know anything about Michael....Look at his face, his smile, those eyes...the way he was with children...Listen to his music, the composition, the lyrics...His soul is deeply embedded...His soul speaks to us...All you have to do is listen and watch..

I'm just watching this documentary now....He makes me happy just to see him...:wub:

Looks like something I'll have to check out! :)

But did the media try to get him down or what was that about?

Did he perform for an empty stadion? Or?

I enjoyed it very much - but I didn't see it all concentrated, I had to do stuff while it was playing in the background, I will watch it again later today or tomorrow more concentrated.

But did the media try to get him down or what was that about?

Did he perform for an empty stadion? Or?

I enjoyed it very much - but I didn't see it all concentrated, I had to do stuff while it was playing in the background, I will watch it again later today or tomorrow more concentrated.

Russian media at that time wanted to leave bad impression about Michael.

He almost did perform at the empty stadium, but in the last day, Michael's people started to give tickets for free to get stadium full. He performed in front of 100,000 people that night. Very big gig, I'd like to say :) Even bigger than Wembley which had 72,000 capacity.

Just watched it all. Beautiful!!!! I could watch Michael all day every day!

I'm no expert in contemporary Russian history. So, please correct me if I'm wrong.

The way I understand it is that capitalism was a new concept in Russia in 1993. Just a few years before 1993, Russia was still under the Soviet Rule. When there was such an overwhelming change in social and political climates, it's not unusual for people to feel skeptical. People in Russia, at that time, had never seen a global megastar, like Michael Jackson, performing live. Many simply could not believe Michael Jackson would come to Russia. And, some Russian media fueled the anxiety by spreading false rumor that the concert was a "fraud".

Also, the price of ticket was not affordable to many Russians. The Russian economy was very unstable after the collapse of Communism. The 90's was an adjustment period. The cheapest ticket price was an average Russian's monthly salary. Many just could not afford it.

This docmentary is so interesteing not only because it shows never-seen-before footage of Michael at an orphanage, but also becasue it does a good job in describing the chaotic time in Russia in 1993. In many ways, Michael Jackson was a pioneer. He was among the first western stars to perform in the former Soviet countries. I'm sure Michael Jackson provided lots of magic and wonderment to Russian people in 1993. Just take a look to the people who received the concert tickets, they said they had never seen tickets printed on nice thick glossy paper with a poster picture on it. They had never experienced the type of concert, with laser and other stage props. Michael Jackson opened their eyes. Michael Jackson took them to a jorueny and places they never went before.

Looking back, the Michael Jackson concert in 1993 in Moscow was groundbreaking. The social unrest could not stop Michael Jackson. The skepticism and anxiety could not stop Michael Jackson. The deliberate ruomors spread by media, mafia, and other big money machines could not stop Michael Jackson. The freezing rain could not stop Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson gave an amazing performance to thousands of Russian people in a cold rainny September night. He quite simply provided the much needed escapism and joy to people.

I wish there are more documentaries of this type. I'm really interested in studying Michael Jackson and his influence in culture and societies. Seeing this documentary is like a spiritual cleansing experience. It shifts the focus back to Michael's artistry and cultural influence.

Thanks for posting the documentary. i'll watch it all when i have more time but i fast forwarded it to the orphanage footage. MJ looked beautiful here. I remember this footage in a youtube from the bbc news (i think) in '93 when discussing the chandler allegations. It was filmed just a month after the allegations hit, probably at mj's most horrifying period in his life up to that point, yet he still managed to look radiant when comforting the orphans. It hurts to realise he was going through the 'armageddon of the brain' (from the stranger in moscow lyrics), at this time.

Last edited:
I think it was about that time there wasn´t much food in the shops,with the exception of shops for rich people where you could get anything.
There were rumours the bakery had bread, it soon became long queues but it was only rumours, there was no bread.
You couldn´t trust what you heard.

MIST;3531046 said:
I think it was about that time there wasn´t much food in the shops,with the exception of shops for rich people where you could get anything.
There were rumours the bakery had bread, it soon became long queues but it was only rumours, there was no bread.
You couldn´t trust what you heard.

There were very very long queues. And there was very little amount of things to buy. Sometimes all was gone and all people didn't get it. There were no such thing as McDonnald's burgers, bananas, oranges.. They were so exclusive that no-one really couldn't eat them until 1991. Sounds insane right now, but that was the daily life.. My country was in Soviet Union until 1991, so we had smiliar times like in Russia that time. After fall of Soviet, there was huge economical crisis. People went to job but didn't get paid. Some people even didn't have nothing to eat.. It was terrible time. No wonder the stadium would be empty.. Almost no-one had the money to attend it..

I know I'm bumping an old thread but I think this documentary is getting a DVD release

http://www.amazon.com/Moscow-Case-1993-When-Soviets/dp/B00AMHFODE/

Moscow Case 1993: When King of Pop Met the Soviets (2012)

This title will be released on February 19, 2013.

The Moscow Case is a 52 minute documentary with never-before-seen footage of Michael Jackson in Moscow during the "Dangerous" tour. This film tells the behind the scenes story of Jackson's ill fated concert in September 1993. It includes unique archival footage showing Michael close up and personal while meeting fans and playing with orphan children. This documentary is valuable to anyone seeking insight into Jackson's personality as well as anyone interested in doing business in Russia after the end of communism.

MVD5694D.jpg

I know I'm bumping an old thread but I think this documentary is getting a DVD release

http://www.amazon.com/Moscow-Case-1993-When-Soviets/dp/B00AMHFODE/

Moscow Case 1993: When King of Pop Met the Soviets (2012)

This title will be released on February 19, 2013.

The Moscow Case is a 52 minute documentary with never-before-seen footage of Michael Jackson in Moscow during the "Dangerous" tour. This film tells the behind the scenes story of Jackson's ill fated concert in September 1993. It includes unique archival footage showing Michael close up and personal while meeting fans and playing with orphan children. This documentary is valuable to anyone seeking insight into Jackson's personality as well as anyone interested in doing business in Russia after the end of communism.

MVD5694D.jpg

Cool!! But that's not Mike in the picture :scratch:

You`re right... it simply not his face, arms, legs.... and, to be honest... it`s not his ass/ 'bato' :p ...

Also, MJ would truly stand on his toes.

probably they used someone else to avoid any copyright issue

I just clicked on the youtube link but it says the video is no longer r available

You`re right... it simply not his face, arms, legs.... and, to be honest... it`s not his ass/ 'bato' :p ...

Also, MJ would truly stand on his toes.

Oh-My-Gawd....Bato? Who decided "Bato" was ass-related? How did I miss that?

Hilarious!

Back