NEW | Michael Jackson Memoir: The Lost Tapes

1nn5

Proud Member
GFTd_bzbEAAiGQS

YouTube channel Celebrity Classified has released the first in a series of videos based on a rare 3-hour audio recording Michael reportedly made when planning his autobiography.Check out Volume One below

So if I understood, this the recording that was the base of writing Moonwalk.. so we will have MJ reading his own book

If my memory serves me right, these are the tapes that were the foundation for the Moonwalk autobiography.

Not long after Michael passed News Of The World were releasing snippets of these tapes. It sounds like the same tapes to me. The noise in the background of both is the give away

If my memory serves me right, these are the tapes that were the foundation for the Moonwalk autobiography.

Not long after Michael passed News Of The World were releasing snippets of these tapes. It sounds like the same tapes to me. The noise in the background of both is the give away

Yep, same tapes.
This article has the whole history of the tapes (and ofc Moonwalker): https://www.thedailybeast.com/jacqueline-onassis-edits-michael-jacksons-moonwalk

Edit: Wow. It's an interesting read but there is a lot of negativity, it does not seem to have been a good collaboration...

So if I understood, this the recording that was the base of writing Moonwalk.. so we will have MJ reading his own book
ohh so he did audio for moonwalker book??? 😲

part 3. michael’s thoughts and feelings on his life in his words, from his mouth. it doesn’t get any more insightful than this. I think you might have to watch it on youtube

part 3. michael’s thoughts and feelings on his life in his words, from his mouth. it doesn’t get any more insightful than this. I think you might have to watch it on youtube
Just so there is no misunderstanding, Michael is talking about his ex-manager Freddy DeMann in the beginning, not Freddie Mercury. The pictures are a bit misleading...

Yes but it's Bad Era Michael, he might not be as good a reader as he was in the Thriller era, are you comfortable with that?

I am in love with these videos. I will stop everything I'm doing the second they drop and listen right away. Hearing him talk about his feelings about the Victory tour was so interesting to me. It's obviously common knowledge that Michael was a perfectionist, but knowing that versus understanding what that actually looked like in his life are too very different things. For example, when the interviewer said something like "how do you respond to people who say Billie Jean is the best thing they've ever seen?" Michael seemed almost embarrassed by the suggestion of that. I mean it almost sounds like he's in real pain over it not being what he wanted.

I have more I can say about this and other aspects of the three videos we've had released so far, but wow. I am just amazed at getting to hear his own perspective in his own words. It's killing me to not know who is uploading these videos And how many they are going to be.

Just so there is no misunderstanding, Michael is talking about his ex-manager Freddy DeMann in the beginning, not Freddie Mercury. The pictures are a bit misleading...
the video has since been edited with the original beginning removed. however, michael was talking about freddie mercury at first; him coming to the house, inviting him to the shows, and generally not agreeing with the ‘evilness’ in the wild lifestyle.

there’s a reason why their collaborations were never completed.. I find that fans have really exaggerated their association.

the video has since been edited with the original beginning removed. however, michael was talking about freddie mercury at first; him coming to the house, inviting him to the shows, and generally not agreeing with the ‘evilness’ in the wild lifestyle.

there’s a reason why their collaborations were never completed.. I find that fans have really exaggerated their association.
I'm sure Freddy DeMann was coming to the house and got invited to the shows too, he was Michael's manager. There's nothing to indicate that he was talking about Freddie Mercury, especially when they say DeMann/Weisner a few seconds after. Michael said, "I love their families", obviously talking about more than one person, so probably talking about both DeMann and Weisner here. Then he says, "I would never hug him when he worked for me." Freddie Mercury worked WITH Michael, he never worked FOR Michael. And he said nothing about a "wild lifestyle", the evilness he was talking about seems related to business, judging by this part: "Business and pleasure is two different things."

Here's a transcript of the part that was edited out for those who missed it:

Interviewer: I saw Freddy at your party in New York and you still hugged him and stuff. How -

Michael: I love people, but I don't like the evilness in people.

Interviewer: You can separate that, huh?

Michael: Oh yeah. I invited him to the show, paying for the tickets and stuff. I love their families. Business and pleasure is two different things. I would never hug him when he worked for me. *speaking to someone else* Goodnight!

Interviewer: The point when you broke away from DeMann/Weisner is because your dad had... There was a story he did in Billboard, the racial comments and so forth.

Michael: Yeah

Last edited:
Part 4 is here!

Michael: "I'd like to be a pimp. Like, a pimp on the street. I've always wanted to do that. ... I'm just joking."

Interviewer: "You say it so convincingly."

Slow down, Tito, daaamn!!!

That Pimp comment caught me off guard hahaha
Also I don't know why but I always laugh at the "Off The Wall Tour" comment. At least we've had an answer that this interview was done in 1984.

Random thought but I've never seen that photo of Mike at 5.54 in the video

I've really loved these videos

this was honestly a struggle to get through. michael was low energy and barely present. this confirms the rumours that he never wanted to do the book in the first place. I feel sorry for the interviewer desperately trying to string together a coherent narrative.

this was honestly a struggle to get through. michael was low energy and barely present. this confirms the rumours that he never wanted to do the book in the first place. I feel sorry for the interviewer desperately trying to string together a coherent narrative.
There were rumours of that? Why would he sit down for 3 hours with this guy if he did not want to do the book?

There were rumours of that? Why would he sit down for 3 hours with this guy if he did not want to do the book?
michael originally wanted to do a picture book, that would show old photos, school report cards, stage costumes, etc. he did not want to tell his life story though. jackie onassis, who had a publishing company ‘doubleday’ managed to convince him.

there are plenty of sources that confirm this, but I’m afraid to share out of fear that I will be attacked for being the messenger.

I’m not good at posting links, but I did find one below, where the ghostwriter described the process of making the biography.

this is a better link that goes into more detail

michael originally wanted to do a picture book, that would show old photos, school report cards, stage costumes, etc. he did not want to tell his life story though. jackie onassis, who had a publishing company ‘doubleday’ managed to convince him.

there are plenty of sources that confirm this, but I’m afraid to share out of fear that I will be attacked for being the messenger.

I’m not good at posting links, but I did find one below, where the ghostwriter described the process of making the biography.

Thanks for the information. Hadn’t heard about this before.

did MJ wrote this in his book ?

MJ says he doesn’t like Katherine talking about him in public: “She disappointed me on this tour. She did an interview. She didn’t know that I didn’t want her to talk. “I don’t like her to talk. It’s none of those people’s business. I don’t really want people to know things. That’s why this is very delicate for me – how you do this.”

Back