NEW MJ - Do you know Where Your Children are

This is the first MJ song to give me the goosebumps since anything from Blood On The Dance Floor. Don't get me wrong i love the work that MJ did later but it never really gave me the goosebumps.

When i hear Do You Know Where Your Children Are i feel like i'm listening to the MJ from the Dangerous/HIStory era

This song is absolutely beautiful, I fell in love with it the moment I heard it :)

The title could be a bit problematic PR-wise though. Please don't take this the wrong way, but we all know haters are gonna have a field day with this. Not that I care lol.

This song is absolutely beautiful, I fell in love with it the moment I heard it :)

The title could be a bit problematic PR-wise though. Please don't take this the wrong way, but we all know haters are gonna have a field day with this. Not that I care lol.

The title of the song could always be changed to just simply ''Do You Know''

I didn't know this:

"'Do you know where your children are?' is a popular question used as a public service announcement for parents on American television throughout the 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s, usually at 10:00PM or 11:00PM, depending on the market and/or the time of the local youth curfew. The phrase originated from Buffalo, New York's long time ABC affiliate WKBW, and was possibly inspired by the Scottish bedtime story, Wee Willie Winkie.

WKBW news director Irv Weinstein is said to have begun using the phrase at the beginning of his career in the early 1960s, at the suggestion of a local viewer. WKBW used the phrase until 2003, when virtually all of its old image was scrapped in favor of a newer package, and returned to the phrase as a partial return to its old package in 2008.

Besides being used on WKBW, the question became the long-running slogan of New York City TV station (and eventual Fox affiliate), WNYW, which often had celebrities saying it on camera just before the news; some other stations owned by Fox and Local TV LLC also use the phrase. In 2007 WDIV in Detroit used the phrase at the beginning of its 11 o'clock newscasts." - source: Wikipedia

Now i can't stop thinking about a scene from a Simpsons episode

Man on TV - It's 11 o clock. Do you know where your children are?
Homer - I told you last night no!

I've listened to this snippet a dozen times already. I want the full song really bad! :D Sony would have been smarter to release this one instead of BN.

OMG I love the little snippet we've heard. I've listened to it 86 times since Monday :lol:

It has to be released someday!

I dont get it why is it 1990
and if it is from 1990 why does it have the Konvict background. hmm

the person trying to sell it put that on there as a "TAG" then they changed it to Tak 1984...
BTW I love this snippet and wish it was put on the new album but maybe they are saving it for the next one? :)

Does anyone have the full version please? I heared only 2 snippets, thank you. I also love "You are all I need", these songs are 100% Michael, noone has it?? Thank you!!!!

I'd prefer having this song on MICHAEL than BN, vocals are better, the music as well.
And the most important thing: ALL OF US ARE 100% SURE IT'S MICHAEL SINGING!

"Do You Know Where Your Children Are?"

(Intro)

“You could ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do you, punk?" (gun shot)

Father comes home from work and he’s scared to death,
Mother cries on the kid's note she read,
Father runs to the table, he said “What’s going on?”
Mother cries in disbelief “Our little baby is gone!”

Do you know where your children are?
Because it's now 12 o'clock.
If they're somewhere out on the street,
Just imagine how scared they are.

Do you know where your children are,

She wrote that she is tired of step-daddy using her,
Saying that he'll buy her things, while sexually abusing her,
Just think that she's all alone somewhere out on the street,
How will this girl survive? She ain't got nothing to eat!

[Come on now]
Save me [from this livin' now]
Save me [??]
Save me [from ??]
Save me [cause ??]

Save me [Cause I’m on the ??]
Save me [Cause I don’t wanna go]
Save me [from ??]
Save me. Oow!

Now she’s on the move, she’s off to Hollywood,
She says she wanna be a star, she heard the money’s good.
She gets off from train station, the man is waiting there,
“I’ll show you what the money is, girl, just let down your hair.”

He’s taking her on the streets of Sunset Boulevard,
She’s selling her body half (?), girl, that will take you far,
The police come around the corner, somebody there had told,
He’s arresting this little girl, she’s only 12 years old!

(Do you know where your children are?)
(Do you know where’s your baby, your baby, [] !)
(hee-hee-hee...)

(Watch your baby)

Had to repost the lyrics here. I guess Michael felt that, just like "Monkey Business", the song addresses very important, but terribly serious topics that might be too much for some. Like Akon said, people weren't ready for "Hold My Hand" either when it got leaked.

He was always consumed about the corruption and destruction of innocence and children. He's singing about the sexual exploitation of minors, the evil Hollywood out to transform them into stars in exchange for their innocent bodies and souls. Of children running from their homes, because they didn't feel like home. He's speaking of incest, and the young girl running from the abuse of her step-father only to end up being used and abused again while out on the street.

This is reality. And just as he says in "Monkey Business", 'it's too much for me' 'cause of all the blasphemy'. 'Your brother's got kids with your mother in law / i might drop dead about what I saw". "I read the paper and I can't believe what's goin' round / Somebody's doin' it to somebody's up, somebody's down'. 'Monkey Business' is also the shiny, sparkly Hollywood. "Superfly Sister" is also too much for people. It's graphic and too real, and it says how "Love ain't what it used to be" as a conclusion. That while "Mother's preaching Abraham (the Bible), /Brothers, they don't give a damn.", while he cries, "Holy Mary, mercy me! / Can't believe the things I see".

Michael was a realistic man consumed by pain because of so much corruption and depravity that he also witnessed a whole lot. He possessed an empathy that brought his soul restlessness. When he says something that serious, people think he's weird and sexually-obsessed, instead of the world he's talking/singing about. And don't listen to him. He wasn't really taken seriously by many. But when, say, people like Oprah draw attention to something like that, it's a different story.

Last edited:
Back