New Netflix 'We Are the World' documentary!!

I don't really get why these shows are popular in the USA. It's all just garbage - people making a shallow plug for their new book. In the UK, for the most part this drivel gets relegated to daytime TV, where it's only watched by a couple of students and pensioners, and where nobody respects it.

How the hell is stuff like a talk show shown at prime time on a Saturday night?!
You don't seem to get much of anything.

recent reaction to the ‘we are the world’ vocals. thought I’d post this here.
That was interesting. Ngl, I don't really understand everything from Phil bc his videos are quite technical. I like them but I can't always follow his points.

Here's an earlier one he did.

22m 9s

That was interesting. Ngl, I don't really understand everything from Phil bc his videos are quite technical. I like them but I can't always follow his points.

Here's an earlier one he did.

22m 9s

I’m the same. I prefer the video you posted, which I saw awhile back. this one seemed to be about michael not singing the same line the exact same way each time.

I’m the same. I prefer the video you posted, which I saw awhile back. this one seemed to be about michael not singing the same line the exact same way each time.
Which is confusing bc he seems to be saying the opposite in the earlier vid. That's why I went back to have another look. Tbf, I don't think he's criticising Michael in this new video. My understanding is he's saying that it's extremely difficult even for the best singers to hit the mark exactly the same every single time. But, as I said, I can't follow the technical stuff so I might have got that wrong. I love Phil's enthusiasm and some stuff I do understand and he gives me stuff to think about which is great. But some of it does go over my head, no question.

What is very clear is, he thinks Michael's voice and his abilities as a singer are extraordinary. So that's lovely. I also like the way, in the video from 4 years ago, he uses Michael as an example of how singers might want to conduct themselves in the recording studio. He highlights how assertive Michael is whilst also being polite and charming and encourages people to operate in a similar way. :)

Back