New Official "Say Say Say" Remix Coming October 2015

I like how the vid have been made , black and white gives it an old look refreshed by these fabulous dancing kids.:happy_dance:
Video already in YT

I remember buying this album around 15 years ago in Germany, just because I hadn't Say Say Say or The Man. I enjoyed the album, but now I've been listening to the album again because of this. Cheesy as hell at points, but an all round fun album with some great songs.

Will get the physical release for the notes and pictures too. I really wish Freddie and MJ's work gets the same treatment someday. It really highlights how underwhelming and bitterly disappointing everything about TMBMTLTT was/is. Even Paul Anka did a better job.

Thank god Paul didn't add Will.i.am :upside_down:

It's cool to hear MJ sing Paul's parts. Now all we need is someone to piece together MJ's parts from both versions and the song would be even better. ;)

Hahaa, where does it leave Paul's part:cheeky:

you can definitely tell Paul is using his brain with this project.. (say,say,say/The Man / and videos) He knows MJ fans and the general public would have key interest on hearing/seeing more MJ and he gave it to us.. He could have taken it as "this is my project and it should be about me" but he didn't..

great business move!

I remember buying this album around 15 years ago in Germany, just because I hadn't Say Say Say or The Man. I enjoyed the album, but now I've been listening to the album again because of this. Cheesy as hell at points, but an all round fun album with some great songs.

Will get the physical release for the notes and pictures too. I really wish Freddie and MJ's work gets the same treatment someday. It really highlights how underwhelming and bitterly disappointing everything about TMBMTLTT was/is. Even Paul Anka did a better job.

Thank god Paul didn't add Will.i.am :upside_down:

I agree this release has been amazing, great sound quality too. The remix of Say Say Say is the way remixes should be done imo. It was the MJ Estate's fault that they used the William Orbit mix according to Brian May. He said they made a Queen version but the Estate didn't want it released. I'm curious to hear that Mix. I'm not sure if it will be any better but I'd still like to hear it.

I'm loving these messages from celebs on this.. Free promo for sure!! We need to get more of that for Michael projects down the road.

I agree this release has been amazing, great sound quality too. The remix of Say Say Say is the way remixes should be done imo. It was the MJ Estate's fault that they used the William Orbit mix according to Brian May. He said they made a Queen version but the Estate didn't want it released. I'm curious to hear that Mix. I'm not sure if it will be any better but I'd still like to hear it.

How is it the MJ Estate's fault? Roger and Brian asked William Orbit to work on the song, not the estate.

He says they didn't approve the first remix but Roger and Brian called William Orbit.

There is a new Queen compilation coming out on November 10th called ‘Queen Forever.’ There are some interesting things on this set, including several unreleased tracks. Can you tell us a little bit about the process of getting those tracks ready for release?
Well, in a nutshell, Brian and I worked on the three tracks to get them ready. The track featuring Michael Jackson [‘There Must Be More To Life Than This’], which is an old Freddie song that he recorded with Michael, we had our version — which was a very stripped down version with alternating lines. Then we got our friend William Orbit to do, I guess, a more radio-friendly mix. He has some alternating verses, so it’s very different. They’re two very different versions. The version you’re going to hear on the album is William’s version.

I know that there was some other stuff that Freddie worked on with Michael. Did you guys look at those tracks too?
We did, yeah. But we had to really go along with what Michael’s record company and his estate would release. So, we had talks with them and that’s what they would agree to.

Source: http://ultimateclassicrock.com/roger-taylor-queen-interview-2014/?trackback=twitter_top

Paul had more material to work with. Michael's vocals on TMBMTLTT came from a raw demo. Say Say Say is a real duet, TMBMTLTT is not.

I don't see what them calling William Orbit has to do with it. The Estate wanted a more radio friendly mix. So Queen did that. Otherwise they wouldn't have been allowed to release the song at all. Anyway I don't want to take this thread off topic apologies.

Last edited:
And? I don't see what them calling William Orbit has to do with it. The Estate wanted a more radio friendly mix. So Queen did that. Otherwise they wouldn't have been allowed to release the song at all. Anyway I don't want to take this thread off topic apologies.

I respectfully disagree. Back to Say Say Say :).

I wonder why the Estate hasn't posted about this on any of the Michael Jackson social media pages. Sure, it's a Paul McCartney project but that doesn't mean they shouldn't help promote it; a post or two would be more than enough.

To name a few, I've seen Pharrell Williams, Britney Spears, Foo Fighters, Stephen Colbert, Avril Lavigne, Jimmy Fallon, Conan O'Brien and OneRepublic tweet about it on their respective Twitters... yet not a peep from the Estate.

^ my guess would be is the financial aspect to it.. why help the 'competition'? mentality. My view it's Michael Jackson and it's shown in a positive light with this project so helping the 'competition' by a simple mention of Michael Jackson music will in turn help the Estate because of Michaels name connected to it!!

^ my guess would be is the financial aspect to it.. why help the 'competition'? mentality.

I cant even remember if the estate shared anything about TMBMTLTT. If not, they should have, like now. The "why help the competition" mentality wouldn't work unless Michael had originally been held hostage and forced to sing his lines by Paul McCartney's camp with a knife to his throat. He was proud of his work with Paul, and happy with the results of 2 number ones. The estate should acknowledge. No excuses.

The "why help the competition" mentality wouldn't work unless Michael had originally been held hostage and forced to sing his lines by Paul McCartney's camp with a knife to his throat. He was proud of his work with Paul, and happy with the results of 2 number ones. The estate should acknowledge. No excuses.
Technically, during the 1980s, both Paul & Mike were on the same label, at least in the USA. Columbia & Epic were under CBS Records. Now Paul leases his music to Concord, under Universal, which is a competing label of Sony.

I cant even remember if the estate shared anything about TMBMTLTT. If not, they should have, like now. The "why help the competition" mentality wouldn't work unless Michael had originally been held hostage and forced to sing his lines by Paul McCartney's camp with a knife to his throat. He was proud of his work with Paul, and happy with the results of 2 number ones. The estate should acknowledge. No excuses.

And it clearly shows they don't give a rats ass about his Legacy unless they are benefitting from it somehow, if they did! anything MJ should be shouted from the roof tops by them especially when its from legend's such as Paul McCartney and Queen.

I am right when i assume Michael got a profit from every sold orginal album because of the Say, Say, Say-track and now the Estate gets it, and in addition now from the reissued album with two version of the tracks? I am also right when I assume Paul needed the permission from the Estate for releasing the remix-track as Queen needed the permission from the Estate for releasing a Michael-collabaration on their album? And I would assume the Estate got also a share from the Queen-album.

I am also right when I assume Paul needed the permission from the Estate for releasing the remix-track as Queen needed the permission from the Estate for releasing a Michael-collabaration on their album? And I would assume the Estate got also a share from the Queen-album.

Don't know, but TMBMTLTT was unreleased track (MJ version). And it was recorded in MJ's home studio for an MJ/Freddie unreleased project. Say Say Say was already released and it was recorded in Paul's studio for his studio album. So maybe he retained all the rights. Who knows.

On a different note, I'd recommend everyone to listen to the remastered version of Say Say Say on the album (original version). The soundis gorgeous. The remastered version that appeared on King of Pop is horiffically loud, basically just made louder to the point that some of it sounds distorted on my headphones. The new version sound gorgeous and crisp.

Same for The Man by the way! Been enjoying listening to Pipes of Peace all week. Will get Tug of War next week.

Say Say Say was already released and it was recorded in Paul's studio for his studio album. So maybe he retained all the rights. Who knows.

Michael/Sony did also release the track on the King of Pop-Album in 2008. I don`t think they would have done it, if Paul holds all the rights.

On a different note, I'd recommend everyone to listen to the remastered version of Say Say Say on the album (original version). The soundis gorgeous. The remastered version that appeared on King of Pop is horiffically loud, basically just made louder to the point that some of it sounds distorted on my headphones. The new version sound gorgeous and crisp.

Same for The Man by the way! Been enjoying listening to Pipes of Peace all week. Will get Tug of War next week.
I don't know who remastered Paul's albums. But if it is Concord, then they are primarily a jazz label. So that may have something to do with the sound. Jazz music would not just be made louder like a pop or rock album would.

I am right when i assume Michael got a profit from every sold orginal album because of the Say, Say, Say-track and now the Estate gets it, and in addition now from the reissued album with two version of the tracks? I am also right when I assume Paul needed the permission from the Estate for releasing the remix-track as Queen needed the permission from the Estate for releasing a Michael-collabaration on their album? And I would assume the Estate got also a share from the Queen-album.

Yeah, you are right.
As far as I know, Michael should get royalties from song writing and singing.

I wonder if Paul has changed the song credits since to first release?

Permission wise, I believe Paul needed approval from the estate because no matter whether it was recorded in his own studio, he doesn't not have right to use Michael's vocals without permission, and especially Paul swapped their vocals so it is not ever re-issue, but something new. He can have Michael's vocals, but he cannot benefit of them without permission.

Last edited:
Wake up Estate. The song is bright and fresh and bubbling with Michael at his most joyful youth. The video is just as joyful!!

This is about Michael the artist not money. And I can see it going right back on the charts. They need to send something out. It's too good not to.

Back