New UK MJ TV Documentary coming in 2017 with Earnest Valentino? Airs Sunday 26/03 9pm Channel 5 (UK)

Uhm, what? It'd be best to research, get your history accurate first, and stop believing every little rumor you hear, especially when it comes to Michael and using stand-ins or doubles for his short films. Michael never used a substitute for Earth Song, nor did he sub out his hand for a simple mound of dirt.

It was either safechuck or cascio's hand in earth song.

He used Valentino for the HIStory trailer???!?!

It said he used Valentino as a stand-in, assuming this is true it means Valentino posed as Michael for the crew as they set up the shot. When doing this, you often want someone who is of similar height and skin colour to the actor so that it helps with the framing the shot properly, as well as lighting of the scene amongst other things. Once they're ready to shoot, Valentino steps out and Michael comes onto set in place of where Valentino was :)

I have to say all MJ impersonators creep me out. I don't know why and I don't mean disrespect to them on a personal level. It just sits so uncomfortably with me. It cheapens what made Michael so special.

I respect your opinion. Can you explain why you feel it cheapens what made Michael special?

I like to think an impersonator (a GOOD one) is an extension of Michael in a way. They help convey the positive messages in Michael's music to smaller audiences. Those who never got to see him perform can get a small taste of what it was like through watching an impersonator perform.
However I must say that impersonators (or tribute acts as they call themselves) nowadays do not even come close to what an impersonator act is supposed to be. Honestly, putting on a glittery jacket and a sparkly glove does NOT make one an impersonator. It makes you a fan with a glittery jacket and a sparkly glove. :ermm:

It said he used Valentino as a stand-in, assuming this is true it means Valentino posed as Michael for the crew as they set up the shot. When doing this, you often want someone who is of similar height and skin colour to the actor so that it helps with the framing the shot properly, as well as lighting of the scene amongst other things. Once they're ready to shoot, Valentino steps out and Michael comes onto set in place of where Valentino was :)
Stand-ins have been used since the beginning of movie making days. It takes hours and sometimes days to set up camera shots, and especially lighting and lighting angles. It's long, boring and monotonous work. You don't use your lead actors (and waste money) using them for things like that.

It was either safechuck or cascio's hand in earth song.
Where in the world are you getting this information from? That sounds ridiculous.

Stand-ins have been used since the beginning of movie making days. It takes hours and sometimes days to set up camera shots, and especially lighting and lighting angles. It's long, boring and monotonous work. You don't use your lead actors (and waste money) using them for things like that.

Indeed! It also allows the actual actors to be elsewhere, say in their trailer/lounge rehearsing for the upcoming scene (or mentally preparing for it should it be quite the emotional one) :)

Often Michael filmed stuff while on tour.. He filmed Moonwalker largely when he was on tour, he filmed a couple videos while Dangerous tour was going on.. Stand ins is a normal thing, yes some people with bad work habits use need them more so than others.. ie. some actors with drug issues not showing up to set etc. but that's another story..

Point is, it is a common thing

^^^^

Agreed. MJ used it in TDCAU and Who Is It. - maybe other videos too?

^ yeah.. who is it, in a few scenes was ecasanova (in the plane, in the car) I think another but I am forgetting.. and it was said that under the robe in Remember The Time - but never seen who's under to confirm.. I did take notice that it was the left hand used to toss the powder which Ecas is a lefty - or he just dances as such.

Back