Next posthumous album without original versions?

I don't see the point in being overly-precious about keeping MJ's demos sacred and untouched. At the end of the day, songs like Chicago and Hollywood Tonight had so much potential in the original demos and were taken to the next level by being given fresh production. There is no way in a million years MJ would've kept midi-instruments and tinny drum patterns on the final versions of these songs, so I'm glad they fleshed these songs out. No doubt they would've been even better if MJ had continued to work on them and have his input, but I think it would've been a shame to only have these songs in demo form.

I agree with this part.

^^^

I understand both your points but as the OP asked if it would be a problem if they didn't include the original versions...I'm with others that it would be BIG problem.

I see Michael's unfinished songs like an unfinished artwork by a Renaissance artist. Would we want anyone to 'finish' an uncompleted work of art by any the artists from the Renaissance?

I should probably clarify that I have no problem if they want to add more production to unfinished songs but they should always include the original versions like they did with Xscape. It's totally cool to enjoy the more produced versions because they usually do a great job on them - but for me original is always preferred. :)

I personally like hearing unfinished worked even on things Michael finished himself.. I'd be more accepting on not getting what Redone or Will.i.am were to finish only because It would be safer to assume that's the sound MJ was going for..

Basically anything 2003is-2009 Id be ok for the team that was working with MJ to finish it... If given to a different producer than no. I want the orig.

the OP asked if it would be a problem if they didn't include the original versions...I'm with others that it would be BIG problem.

Yep you're absolutely right. But I'm also not talking about contemporized songs :)

I ask the question differently:
If they would release the Will.i.am/RedOne songs (or other material of his final years) and they would need to finish (NOT contemporizing) them with the original producers and Michaels vision in mind, would it be ok if they weren't releasing the unfinished "originals"?

Because i read comments by so many people who say they prefer Xscape over Michael because the originals are included and they wouldn't buy an album if there weren't the demos on it. But maybe the estate will release an album were demos are just not necessary...? What would those people do? Wouldn't they buy the album because there aren't originals (with no big differences)?

Last edited:
I'd prefer they only do another album, if full audio tracks exist with Michael singing every word himself. Duets would be okay too, but place them on a separate disc...not the same one like "Xscape".

Back