Off the Wall or Invincible?

Off the Wall or Invincible?

• Off the Wall

Votes: 233 59.0%
  • Invincible

Votes: 162 41.0%

• Total voters
I love Off the Wall and Invincible...this is pretty tough.

I would say Invincible for now though

You can't really compare Off The Wall and Invincible, as Off The Wall is a far more superior album with much stronger songs and a more confident and powerful Michael Jackson, who was ready the shake up the music world.

Invincible is an over produced album and less confident Michael Jackson. My reasons for saying a less confident Michael Jackson are, that Michael Jackson did too much songwriting/composing collaboration. Michael sounds like a guest on his own album, who doesn't know musically what direction to take.

Overall Invincible is Michael Jackson in transistion, not to sure if he should or should move away from the Michael Jackson sound of 1979-1997. Every artist has there crossroads album, and Invincible is Michael's. I apart from the fact Invincible is over produced, it's still a good album with a number of hidden classics. I'd say Invincible is a real "fans" album. If your a true Michael Jackson fan, you will know and love some of the songs on Invincible.

I think if Heaven Can Wait or Break of Dawn were released as singles with new music videos they would be No.1 songs on the charts.

I totally agree. Well said.

Michael sounds like a guest on his own album, who doesn't know musically what direction to take.

I think Michael Jackson is more aware of the shape of his music on Invincible album than Off The Wall. No one else could write and be courageous enough to put such unconventional and beautiful songs as The Lost Children and Speechless on their album. Even there are only two written by himself solely they are brilliant. And other ballads are also more mature lyrically than anything from Of The Wall. All music on Invincible is more versatile, and doesn't fit into any musical category. And Michael shows his voice here in so many incredible ways. That's why I'm impressed more with Invincible.

You can't really compare Off The Wall and Invincible, as Off The Wall is a far more superior album with much stronger songs and a more confident and powerful Michael Jackson, who was ready the shake up the music world.

Invincible is an over produced album and less confident Michael Jackson. My reasons for saying a less confident Michael Jackson are, that Michael Jackson did too much songwriting/composing collaboration. Michael sounds like a guest on his own album, who doesn't know musically what direction to take.

Overall Invincible is Michael Jackson in transistion, not to sure if he should or should move away from the Michael Jackson sound of 1979-1997. Every artist has there crossroads album, and Invincible is Michael's. I apart from the fact Invincible is over produced, it's still a good album with a number of hidden classics. I'd say Invincible is a real "fans" album. If your a true Michael Jackson fan, you will know and love some of the songs on Invincible.

I think if Heaven Can Wait or Break of Dawn were released as singles with new music videos they would be No.1 songs on the charts.

I agree with everything you said here. Between the two album's release dates there are more than 20 years. Music industry has changed, the music itself has changed, Michael has changed, his voice has changed. I'd say Off the wall was a very nice, fresh, cool dance album with innocent Michael who sang so smoothly. It's a classic album with classic dance songs like Rock with you, DSTYGE, Working day and night, etc. Invincible shows a more mature side of Michael which is obvious. He's a daddy, sings about love but I'm not talking about that love when a man loves a woman but what he feels towards his children. Maybe a lot of people think there are too many emotional songs on it. But I just love Break of dawn, Speechless, Heaven can wait, Don't walk away so much. They are really Michael's songs. Even You are my life and The lost children are really beautiful because they show Michael's inner side which is more beautiful and full of love!!! And Whatever happens is a masterpiece! :yes:

I agree with everything you said here. Between the two album's release dates there are more than 20 years. Music industry has changed, the music itself has changed, Michael has changed, his voice has changed. I'd say Off the wall was a very nice, fresh, cool dance album with innocent Michael who sang so smoothly. It's a classic album with classic dance songs like Rock with you, DSTYGE, Working day and night, etc. Invincible shows a more mature side of Michael which is obvious. He's a daddy, sings about love but I'm not talking about that love when a man loves a woman but what he feels towards his children. Maybe a lot of people think there are too many emotional songs on it. But I just love Break of dawn, Speechless, Heaven can wait, Don't walk away so much. They are really Michael's songs. Even You are my life and The lost children are really beautiful because they show Michael's inner side which is more beautiful and full of love!!! And Whatever happens is a masterpiece! :yes:

he sings about different kinds of love...
he's a Daddy , true.... but also he's a man:D
and how sings!:wub:...... oh my

Invincible is SOOO underrated, but Off The Wall is amazing.

Off the Wall by far, but that is because as stated before Invincible was over-produced and there were way too many songwriters. If you notice the best songs on there were the ones he wrote, Speechless & The Lost Children :wub: Break of Dawn, Heaven Can Wait, and Cry were also really good! If he cut it to a 12-13 track album then it could have been possibly better than Off the Wall but Off The Wall is just a classic, orignal, fun album! Every song is amazing on there! No fillers as Invincible had *cough*Privacy*cough* ;)

Last edited:
^^I agree with you on Privacy... it's definately a filler... I can't listen to it, it's awful IMO. The only MJ song I can't stand.

Off the Wall for me definitely. It's a masterpiece, and I enjoy listening to all the songs on it. As for Invincible, I only like a few songs.
Comparing Invincible to Off the Wall, is impossible because of the different eras. Some people don't even like the 70's/80's sound, and prefer the "Nsync" kinda pop music (MJ was probably trying to catch up with the new sounds in 2001) :laugh:, and there's too many fillers and only a few songs written by Michael. So it's two very different albums.

^^I agree with you on Privacy... it's definately a filler... I can't listen to it, it's awful IMO. The only MJ song I can't stand.
please add imo, OK?
and why???? I ask... I really don't get it....:huh:
but OK:)

Off the Wall for me definitely. It's a masterpiece, and I enjoy listening to all the songs on it. As for Invincible, I only like a few songs.
Comparing Invincible to Off the Wall, is impossible because of the different eras. Some people don't even like the 70's/80's sound, and prefer the "Nsync" kinda pop music (MJ was probably trying to catch up with the new sounds in 2001) :laugh:, and there's too many fillers and only a few songs written by Michael. So it's two very different albums.
"fillers", right.... here we go again!:cool:-_-

and Michael wrote only 4 songs for OTW...
still I can't decide .... they are both sooooo R&B... they're both different and great

Last edited:
It would have to be Off The Wall for me. Even though I do like Invincible somewhat - not as much as OTW .....

Off the Wall is the album that inspired JT, Usher, Chris Brown and all of the young artist of today. Off the Wall is the much better album

Much better dance tracks, better Mid-Tempo songs and slow jams

Invincible dance tracks are not very good

Invincible! I love them both, but for few years I've listened to Invincible like a crazy one! lol Simply adore this album. ( along with Historyyyyy )

But Don stop till you get enough and Get on the floor, are making me dizzyy with pleasure too, and PYT and Billie Jean from from Thriler, and Blood on the dance floor... Invincible and those are my favourites to get me in the mood of dancing, fantasing, jumping on the floors, running around the lamp, and finally fly out of the window and going circles around the moon!!! :wacko: :lol:

Last edited:
love both, but i like the recent mike better, he is more relaxed and cool :d i love off th wall though!!

Off The Wall is a more solid effort, but Invincible is most innovative, fresh, and enjoyable.

Once upon a time Off The Wall was my favourite MJ album, but than I discovered Dangerous, and since than things have changed :p

Nah, but seriously, OTW will win my vote in this poll because of the great Dont Stop Til You Get Enough, I still be all excited when I here that corker :lol:

I prefer Off the Wall over Invincible. I really enjoyed Invincible but it just sounds overly produced (which it should because it was the most expensive album to produce lol) and in a lot of the songs the music just completely overpowers his voice. his voice just doesn't sound natural in some of the tracks.

Also a few of the songs on Invincible already sound dated to me. Like they have too much of that "new millenium" sound that i've heard on other pop records at the time.

I love both and all of his albums , but i'm a big fan of his new music, so i'm going with Invincible :)

invincible, because it's rare for someone to keep up this quality after all this scrutiny.

Back