Official Charts Thread For ''Michael''

Danish iTunes chart

Michael #1
HMH moved up to #13

Don't worry too much. When it comes to album sales MJ 'bucks the trend' by selling a lot more 'physical' 'pick up in store' copies than most other artists.

Having said that, please forget all about MJ getting a number 1 album in the UK this time. It's nothing to do with 'poor' sales, it's just that 'Take That' (a UK 'boyband') are selling shed loads of their album, after spending all weekend on the main UK TV channels.

'Michael' will have to be judged on 'sales' rather than chart position when determining success or failure - as this 'Take That' album is the 'Subo' of 2010 - so I would say anything over 100,000 is good, anything over 150,000 will be fantastic!

And before anybody says it, yes I know 'Take That' don't do anything in the US - there are virtually a 'European only' boyband. (wink)

Do You think there is no chance for numeber one?
How Long TT album is in on the charts? Are they so huge to sell even more in another week?
I know that xfactor is powerfull and MJ promo is to poor for this, but after news that only presale for MJ is better that current TT is so stragne for me.

MoonWalkinYiddo;3132619 said:
No, that was part of a ten minute promo

Where did you get the "10 minute" from?

It was a limited amount - 100, 1000, 10,000, no one knows - not limited 'time' as far as I'm aware. But it was heavily promoted and would have impacted on sales for sure.

Let them sell 'Michael' for £1 - promote it for days before/articles in the press etc - and you see how it would sell. (wink)

I so hope Michael will go higher than #4 in the UK.

great news!and it's only monday...and there are other countries where the album is not available yet...you go michael!

Do You think there is no chance for numeber one?
How Long TT album is in on the charts? Are they so huge to sell even more in another week?
I know that xfactor is powerfull and MJ promo is to poor for this, but after news that only presale for MJ is better that current TT is so stragne for me.

Seriously pedro, we can forget it.

After the weekends TV domination by 'Take That' (is big money changing hands somewhere!?), I am surprised the bookies are still taking bets!

Take That will sell double that of 'Michael', so it's not even going to be close. We can still get MJ to number 2 with great week 1 sales though.

Also, if it happens as smooth05 says it will, a US number 1 would be much better than just a Uk number 1!

What about next week?

Could Michael be #1 next week maybe?

So we need now some christmas miracle? :)

But #4 all day on itunes means a lot......

What's a pity :(

#3 itunes UK now... but 'Now thats what I call christmas' is #1 and that doesnt count towards the charts right?

#3 itunes UK now... but 'Now thats what I call christmas' is #1 and that doesnt count towards the charts right?

Correct. The UK has a seperate chart for compilation albums. It's where that 'Glee' shite should be IMHO. (wink)

Michael is #1 in Denmark.
HMH has dropped all the way down to #40 ?? - It was 13 a few hours ago...?

How does that iTunes chart work anyway? How can songs jump so fast?

Michael is #1 in Denmark.
HMH has dropped all the way down to #40 ?? - It was 13 a few hours ago...?

How does that iTunes chart work anyway? How can songs jump so fast?
Hold My Hand is at 15 AND 39. The one is single version and the other is album version(although there are no difference to the songs).

Take that is rising again, they have so much promotion its unreal! HMV has there owns section with shirts albums dvds! I think take that managment want the christmas no1 album more!

If Rhianna beats MJ in the album chart I will officially vomit.

Please Don't Call Glee Shit, Thank You

In my humble opinion it is total shite.

Karaoke singers, that's all they are. Not a creative brain cell between them.

I would tell them to go write their own songs, sing them, and then see who wants to buy the shite.

As I said though, that's just my humble opinion. I take it that is allowed?

In my humble opinion it is total shite.

Karaoke singers, that's all they are. Not a creative brain cell between them.

I would tell them to go write their own songs, sing them, and then see who wants to buy the shite.

As I said though, that's just my humble opinion. I take it that is allowed?

IMO your opinion is the truth. So in essence it's a fact ;) ..People purchasing Glee "albums" over music created by real artists is a real reflection of awful music culture were in :sigh:

BTW I'm not interested in Glee but I LOVE the parody of it with Michael in it :D

Back on topic:
Though there are almost only negative reviews in the newspapers, "Michael" is doing very well here in Germany. It's still #1 on Amazon.

Back