Official Xscape Videos Thread: New 'A Place With No Name' Video

Finally a video that makes me want to watch it more than once, I'm so happy the Estate finally got this right! Seeing new Michael footage is magical!

LNFSG: I like the funky guitar in this new mix. But what the hell was that flute towards the end there? I guess it suits the playful tone of the song, but it just sounds bad. That's just a minor criticism though, the new mix is great. As for the video, it's always nice to see Michael dance even if it isn't exactly the most creative video of the century.

APWNN: I thought it was great. The song benefits from the shorter mix, especially among listeners who aren't fans. It's the best video of the posthumous era IMO. The desert theme suits the song nicely and they did well to find those clips from the In The Closet video shoot of Michael. Were those shots in the video of ITC? It's been a long time since I saw that video. Anyway, good video. Can see this getting airtime on TV.

Love it! But they could of put more michael in the vid.

Yup my dad's opinion on the vid to "a place with no name" cheap, there could of been more michael in it and they should of used some rare/unseen footage from the way u make me feel. Who agrees with him lol
But other then that's it's ok he Said.

I'm gonna say this, APWNN is the first Estate released video that I actually like. For the first time, I thought to myself, "this is something Michael would do", if he'd opted to go for a 2014 In The Closet type of thing. I like how the video wasn't flooded with old video clips and groups of people. They stayed with one song (ITC), combined with a nice touch of regular footage of Michael (on the beach, the clip of him in the red shirt, the same clip but of him laughing and talking) and kept it simple. We all know had Michael been here, he'd take the place of the dancer guy throughout the whole video. All in all, the Estate did a good job I think.

Last edited:
APWNN is by far the best video to be released by the estate since Michael's death. Was it great? no....but it was good. A hell of a lot better then LNFSG, Hollywood Tonight, or Behind The Mask videos.

In regards to the "sex" comment earlier, it had just as much grinding and skin showing as the original In The Closet. Did you forget what Naomi was dressed in? lol

This video needs more views and support from fans .. views are very low .We need to be promoting this official stream. If you want APWNN to chart and more sales for Xscape. Stream views are counted in the charts. Let's send the link out on all social networks. Be proactive Fans :) http://youtu.be/YlJvMU-5NyA

SHARE This link http://youtu.be/YlJvMU-5NyA

This video needs more views and support from fans .. views are very low .We need to be promoting this official stream. If you want APWNN to chart and more sales for Xscape. Stream views are counted in the charts. Let's send the link out on all social networks. Be proactive Fans :) http://youtu.be/YlJvMU-5NyA

This isn't released as a single. If they do to, the sales will go up!

The video is beyond bad...... I've only made a couple music videos in my lifetime, but with a minimal budget I think I could have made something spectacular. This is basically just two people just sexing it up..... Makes me want to vomit. That's not the message I get when I listen to the song..... When I listen to the song I hear a broken man on the brink of suicide.... Crying as he drives... So it starts super dark something similar to the world of the video game Silent Hill 2. Lots of fog... Lots of grey tones.... A man drinking from a bottle... He pulls over.... Looks at pictures of his family.... More light.... Smashes the bottle. More light..... The sun rises.... He wipes his eyes and puts on sunglasses.... The car drives into the distance and disappears. The camera pans up/zooms into the sun..... We see Michael smiling.....

The video is beyond bad...... I've only made a couple music videos in my lifetime, but with a minimal budget I think I could have made something spectacular. This is basically just two people just sexing it up..... Makes me want to vomit. That's not the message I get when I listen to the song..... When I listen to the song I hear a broken man on the brink of suicide.... Crying as he drives... So it starts super dark something similar to the world of the video game Silent Hill 2. Lots of fog... Lots of grey tones.... A man drinking from a bottle... He pulls over.... Looks at pictures of his family.... More light.... Smashes the bottle. More light..... The sun rises.... He wipes his eyes and puts on sunglasses.... The car drives into the distance and disappears. The camera pans up/zooms into the sun..... We see Michael smiling.....

But that is just your personal imagination. It has nothing to do with the song, lyrics or MJ. Every one of us has his vision for this song and mine is nothing like yours.

Yes Qbee, thank you. Come on guys, this is so true. This is a great project probably the last project of its kind by the estate. Let's make it count. This is a great opportunity to work on driving Xscape sales. Years from now you don't want to regret that you didn't do everything you could for this great project.

Share this video, do what you can to get it going. It is a GREAT song and video. Let's request it on the radio, twitter it, facebook, whatever it takes.

APWNN is by far the best video to be released by the estate since Michael's death. Was it great? no....but it was good. A hell of a lot better then LNFSG, Hollywood Tonight, or Behind The Mask videos.

In regards to the "sex" comment earlier, it had just as much grinding and skin showing as the original In The Closet. Did you forget what Naomi was dressed in? lol

And how about those videos of today- now those are really sexing it up- just nasty. This is sexy but classy- elegant. You guys are bunch of prunes if you think this is way over the top.:doh:

My imagination was that Michael was waving to us, while smiling, before he disappeared to the Place with no name.

EDIT:
WOW! Just saw the comments on the video, they are terrible!

The video has now crossed 2M views. Not bad, but not totally great either given that it was uploaded 5 days ago. Hoping the momentum will pick up once the song gets more exposure and promotion. By comparison, the new Taylor Swift video that was uploaded yesterday has 3.5M views.

My imagination was that Michael was waving to us, while smiling, before he disappeared to the Place with no name.

EDIT:
WOW! Just saw the comments on the video, they are terrible!

Indeed, it seems that all those bullsh_t stories that were published in recent weeks are generating more and more trolls in comment sections for anything having to do with Michael. Very depressing

No doubt. - Best video after MJ died!

The INT clips fit perfect with the new video - the feel of the song and everything!

This is how I hope they will make musicvideos from now on!!

The video has now crossed 2M views. Not bad, but not totally great either given that it was uploaded 5 days ago. Hoping the momentum will pick up once the song gets more exposure and promotion. By comparison, the new Taylor Swift video that was uploaded yesterday has 3.5M views.

Why compare it to Taylor Swift? She's a hot young artist, a radio darling and a big seller (in the US anyway). Her single is already getting massive airplay, went quickly to #1 on iTunes and she'll be out there promoting, starting with a VMA performance. There really is no point, or fair to MJ to compare him to artists like that.

Why compare it to Taylor Swift? She's a hot young artist, a radio darling and a big seller (in the US anyway). Her single is already getting massive airplay, went quickly to #1 on iTunes and she'll be out there promoting, starting with a VMA performance. There really is no point, or fair to MJ to compare him to artists like that.

I fully agree with you. I just mentioned it as a point of reference though in retrospect it would have been best to leave it out. Anyways, APWNN is averaging about 400K views per day which is not bad given all of the circumstances. Hope it will do better once the radio exposure kicks in

Indeed, it seems that all those bullsh_t stories that were published in recent weeks are generating more and more trolls in comment sections for anything having to do with Michael. Very depressing

Yeah, that shows you the ugly side of the internet. More trolls are out there, they are hiding behind the screens. Such cowards, but think about it; they are miserable and we got to pray for them no matter what.

I agree we all have our own vision of this video. I don't agree with this being a representation of the greatest artist to ever create music videos. This video follows the lyrics a little. Why can't we have animation or something unique like leave me alone. Where Michael is driving the jeep on a highway. His jeep gets a flat and the road is empty. The camera pans showing a woman appearing from myst.
The myst clears to show a magical town,city etc. Matching the lyrics is important no couple dancing in a desert. The woman takes Michael on a journey through a bright vivid place so magical and happy it can't be real. Use high quality graphics and imagery not the low budget, mediocre video they released. It's insulting to our intelligence and Michael's legacy.

It really does not matter what kind of video it turn out to be. No one is watching it period! Why don't really know. The song is not going to chart. So sad

The Cirque's ONE version of the song's video is on the way and is waiting for adjustment or approval to be made public.

But according to my sources, the Cirque version will be so much better than this one.

The Cirque's ONE version of the song's video is on the way and is waiting for adjustment or approval to be made public.

But according to my sources, the Cirque version will be so much better than this one.

Album version or Original version?

mkgenie;4038970 said:

I really hope it is going to be an original version… For the romantic kind of person I am this is going to be perfect.
The album version song has a very interesting sound that IMO required the dance video we have with an impression of some mystery world. That is a very beautiful addition to the great sound.
For me it IS the best video we’ve had so far.

But I count on the creativity of MJ One team… I know they can do it right. As I’ve said before the “storyline” video is better to create with the original version of the song.

We still need to know if this is an actual single? Does qbee know when or if it will be released? I'm sure Pharrell took a similar approach with album singles and it didn't do much. Us fans don't know if to download it or not?

Single or no?! If there were to be a single it would chart as we would know. Not even on any radio playlists here, but Loving You is? Help.

Back