OJ Simpson talks about Michael Jackson

Johnnie Cochran and Michael Jackson did work together again in July, 2002, in Harlem, NY.

54b70c1eb291521219398bbe93f29bf8.jpg

Michael Jacksons speech against racism in Harlem July,9,2002 - with subtitles

To understand racism in America, you have to understand its history. Eyes on the Prize Episode 07 - The Time Has Come 1964-1966 gets into the leaders of the Civil Rights Movement, including Malcolm X and the Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Haha ok, I was not going to mention the whole Jonnie Cochran an lime green thing for the show but.... hah! look at the pic above, his pocket scarf is lime green.. how ironic.

Also Michael was actually a fan of a specific color green that was pretty bright green.. He actually asked for customizations to the Farris wheel when he first ordered it to have a specific green color.. Does anyone remember which one? it was pretty similar to lime green.

Which is also ironic that they used that color in the show as MJ not liking.. he loved greens... I have that visual of getting into his green go cart with his green shirt..

It's this...

Somebody shakes when the wind blows
Somebody's missing a friend, hold on
Somebody's lacking a hero
And they have not a clue
When it's all gonna end

Stories buried and untold
Someone is hiding the truth, hold on
When will this mystery unfold
And will the sun ever shine
In the blind man's eyes when he cries?

You can change the world (I can't do it by myself)
You can touch the sky (Gonna take somebody's help)
You're the chosen one (I'm gonna need some kind of sign)
If we all cry at the same time tonight

People laugh when they're feelin sad
Someone is taking a life, hold on
Respect to believe in your dreams
Tell me where were you
when your children cried last night?

Faces fill with madness
Miracles unheard of, hold on
Faith is found in the winds
All we have to do
Is reach for the truth

And when that flag blows
There'll be no more wars
And when all calls
I will answer all your prayers

Change the world

This song and short film puts it into perspective of understanding, better, Michael's relationship with people. OJ Simpson is now serving a 33 year prison sentence in Nevada for kidnapping and armed robbery. OJ Simpson was also found guilty of a double homicide for the murder's of Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend, Ron Goldman, in a civil trial. OJ Simpson was ordered to pay the Brown and Goldman families $33 million. OJ Simpson's house on Rockingham went into foreclosure because of the civil suit. But, Michael chose to be a friend to OJ Simpson and "Cry" helps to put this into perspective.

OJ didnt do it, his son did. Da Juice covered for him, THAT is the reason the real killers campaign is phony

We pray for our fathers, pray for our mothers
Wishing our families well
We sing songs for the wishing, of those who are kissing
But not for the missing

[CHORUS 1]
So this ones for all the lost children
This ones for all the lost children
This ones for all the lost children, wishing them well
And wishing them home

When you sit there addressing, counting your blessings
Biding your time
When you lay me down sleeping and my heart is weeping
Because Im keeping a place

[CHORUS 2]
For all the lost children
This is for all the lost children
This ones for all the lost children, wishing them well
And wishing them home

Home with their fathers,
Snug close and warm, loving their mothers
I see the door simply wide open
But no one can find thee

[CHORUS 3]
So pray for all the lost children
Lets pray for all the lost children
Just think of all the lost children, wishing them well
This is for all the lost children
This ones for all the lost children
Just think of all the lost children
Wishing them well, and wishing them home

I hate when Mj and Oj are talked about in the same way with there acuitals. One was truly inicent. The other was guilty as hell. To much evidence stacked against him. I followed each case Oj can rot in hell.

One similarity that OJ Simpson and Michael Jackson did have in common was the Nation of Islam.

After months of striding solo through the admirers clogging the courthouse steps, lead defense lawyer Johnnie L. Cochran Jr. appeared Tuesday morning surrounded by six beefy bodyguards.

The bodyguards, all members of the Nation of Islam, were hired to protect Cochran after recent death threats.

Wearing sober suits and trademark bow ties, a few toting walkie-talkies, they hung out in the first-floor lobby and outside Ito's ninth-floor courtroom throughout the day.

The Nation of Islam security force, a branch of Louis Farrakhan's religious organization, has long been deployed in crime-scarred inner-city neighborhoods. But the bodyguards also protect prominent African Americans, including the Rev. Jesse Jackson. And at least one of the tall, muscular men shadowing Cochran has provided security for Farrakhan.

They certainly were diligent: Two even followed Cochran into the men's room.

http://articles.latimes.com/1995-09-27/news/mn-50576_1_ribbons-and-krazy-glue

2874200-pop-star-michael-jackson-his-lawyer-mark-gettyimages.jpg

Pop star Michael Jackson (C-glasses), his lawyer Mark Geragos (L), and Nation of Islam Chief of Staff Leonard Farrakhan Muhammad (R with tie) are surrounded by security as they arrive for Jackson's arraignment on child molestation charges, 16 January, 2004, at the courthouse in Santa Maria, California. Jackson pleaded not guilty to all charges.

Themidwestcowboy;4138328 said:
So I was watching the new Mini series of the OJ simpson case and in a scene where Johnnie Cochran is contemplating on which attire he should wear for the day he mentions MJ. It's really nothing big but..

"I got a thousand million things to do today i gotta stop by the DA and meet with the taylor family do a TV Appearance so I can't dress to festive I need to be strong, uplifting." Then his wife asks what about Lime green? Then Johnnie Cochran responds with

"That would be exceptional except then I got to run out to Neverland, MJ's got some new pile of commotions so i can't wear lime. Michael's afraid of that color. I've never met someone with so many phobias"

Oh so MJ was afraid of that color?

Wrap-Party-For-Black-Or-White-Video-michael-jackson-34894200-400-300.png

cool-GREEN-michael-jackson-15843956-950-1202.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

So now that the series on the OJ Simpson trial is over, the news is full of articles where the reporters can now question the shows' writers on what was fact and what was fiction.
The burning question in every article seems to be asking "was Michael Jackson really scared of lime green?" I died laughing. The answer was, of course, no. To prove the point, they even posted the same picture that midwestcowboy did. LOL

‘People v OJ Simpson’ Writers Explain 5 Things They Made Up

TV | By Tim Molloy on April 5, 2016

<section class="gallery-1 gallery-wrapper entry photos" style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-stretch: normal; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1.5em; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; padding: 20px; background-color: rgb(34, 34, 34);">

• MichaelJacksonLime.jpg
Next

<iframe id="frame_wb9d4cd5796" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" width="280" height="158.06451612903228" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; max-width: 100%; display: block; width: 280px; height: 158.065px; background: transparent;"></iframe>
Larry Karaszewski and Scott Alexander tell us about the occasional dramatic liberties in &#8220;The People v OJ Simpson&#8221;

2 of 16[COLOR=#F4F4F4 !important]1. The Michael Jackson Joke
[COLOR=#F4F4F4 !important]Johnnie Cochran remarks in the first episode that he can't wear lime green because it scares one of his clients, Michael Jackson

[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
</section>

TV | By Tim Molloy on April 5, 2016

<section class="gallery-1 gallery-wrapper entry photos" style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-stretch: normal; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1.5em; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; padding: 20px; background-color: rgb(34, 34, 34);">

• oj_fact_check-michael_jackson_lime_green.jpg
Next

Larry Karaszewski and Scott Alexander tell us about the occasional dramatic liberties in &#8220;The People v OJ Simpson&#8221;

3 of 16[COLOR=#F4F4F4 !important]"I think we made it up because we thought it was funny," Karaszewski told TheWrap. "We needed a shorthand to say even before the OJ trial, Johnnie had his hands full."

[/COLOR]
</section>

Last edited:

The Black Panther Party tried to do a lot of good for black people and when Michael raised his fist, he was doing so because of what had happened to him and it could have been because of the color of his skin.

michael_jackson01-450x315.jpg

^^Didn't Tohme say in his claim that gesture was his idea?
----------
About that OJ tv series, I thought it was quite good, although I really cannot say it was actual because the only thing I remember from the case was the famous car chase and thats it.

I was thinking what if they do similar tv series of Michael's trial:bugeyed
I saw it being proposed in this link
http://www.iflist.com/stories/thepeoplevmichaeljacksonamericancrimestoryseason2

Last edited:
I was thinking what if they do similar tv series of Michael's trial:bugeyed
I saw it being proposed in this link
http://www.iflist.com/stories/thepeoplevmichaeljacksonamericancrimestoryseason2

I am distrustful of anything the media tries to do with the MJ case (they usually portray him as guilty who got away with it), so I am not exactly enthusiastic about such a thing. But as far as I see this is simply a website where people can suggest movie ideas, it's not an actual fact that it will happen, is it? If well done, it could be good, but I don't trust the media about such issues, so I'd rather have them leave MJ alone.

Plus as far as I know a TV dramatization of the trial already exists.

ETA: Answering my own question: second season will have nothing to do with MJ.

The first season, subtitled The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story, presents the murder trial of O. J. Simpson, based on Jeffrey Toobin's book The Run of His Life: The People v. O. J. Simpson.[SUP][4][/SUP] A second season is in development and will focus on the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.[SUP][5][/SUP]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Crime_Story

In conclusion:

On the morning of June 12, 1994, O.J. Simpson was worth an estimated $11 million.

Within hours, he would stop earning and start spending.

Simpson was arrested in the killings of his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and Ron Goldman, a waiter from the restaurant where she dined shortly before her death. Simpson, a popular ex-athlete and actor, was acquitted in a criminal trial.

The Goldman and Brown families then sued him in civil court, and that jury unanimously found Simpson liable for the murders. He was ordered to pay a total of $33.5 million, made up of $8.5 million in compensatory damages to the Goldmans and $25 million in punitive damages to be split between the Goldmans and Nicole's children.

"The dollar amount meant nothing to us," Kim Goldman told CNBC. "We were just thrilled that 12 people unanimously determined that he was the killer of Ron and Nicole. The rest was just paper."

Still, the Goldmans pursued Simpson's assets. "The only punishment that could be meted out was financial," said Daniel Petrocelli, who represented the family in the civil trial. But did Simpson have any money left? "He claimed to be broke."

Kim Goldman soon learned that winning the multimillion-dollar award was one thing, collecting it was another. "People assume that when we were awarded our civil judgment, that with that judgment we were handed a pot of gold, and that's just the furthest thing from the truth," she said.

Simpson's attorneys argued during the damages phase of the civil trial that he was approximately $850,000 in debt. Attorneys for the victims' families argued the ex-athlete had already made about $2.8 million since his acquittal selling rights to a book, video, autographs and other memorabilia. Petrocelli believed Simpson could earn even more in the years to come, "given that he is probably the most famous man ever found to have killed two people in this way."

Under California law, someone who loses in a civil trial but wants to hold off paying a judgment during appeal needs to post a bond worth 150 percent of the judgment. "[Simpson] said he didn't have it, he didn't put up the bond," Petrocelli said. So the Goldmans immediately sought whatever assets they could find. Among them was O.J. Simpson's Heisman Trophy, which sold at auction for $500,000. "Most of that money went to pay some expenses for the case," Petrocelli said. "By the way, the lawyers for the victims' families did not get paid for this case."

Petrocelli and the Goldmans believe Simpson continued to make money "underground," selling autographs and memorabilia for cash. They could not, by law, touch his $25,000 a month pension from the NFL, and his home on Rockingham was of little value because so many loans had been taken out against it to pay legal fees.

Kim Goldman believed there was money somewhere. "The killer worked really hard to hide all of his assets, and so we were always coming up against some kind of a wall," she said. Her family's share of the award, with interest, is now close to $40 million. "We've collected less than one percent of that."

Most of that came when the Goldmans discovered in 2006 that O.J. Simpson had received a sizeable advance for a book called, "If I Did It." At first, they tried to have the book quashed, but when the rights to it were to be auctioned off in bankruptcy court, Kim Goldman said they purchased those rights to avoid Simpson somehow secretly profiting. She said the court ordered her family to publish the book.

"People were very angry at us for publishing that book, because they didn't understand how we ended up with it," she said. As for criticism that her family is "in it for the money," she paused before replying. "I understand from a logical point of view that people think that all my dad and I are out to do is to capitalize on Ron's murder. However, we followed the law. The criminal system failed us, so we went after him civilly...it's punishment, it's retribution, it's what our system afforded to our family."

Petrocelli agrees. "The Goldmans want to obtain Simpson's assets because they don't want him to live a good life. He killed their son. He murdered their son."

The family finds some consolation in knowing that Simpson is now serving time in prison for robbery and kidnapping in a Las Vegas hotel room in 2007. O.J. Simpson said he went to that room to reclaim stolen belongings. However, the belongings he hoped to retrieve, including the suit he wore when he was found not guilty, are exactly the type of assets that could have been sold, with proceeds going toward his judgment.

Kim Goldman believes it was Simpson's own efforts to hide assets that ultimately led to his incarceration. "Irony is amazing," she said.

As for O.J. Simpson's current net worth, his lawyer, Patricia Palm, told CNBC she did not know how much money he has. When asked if he is able to pay her, she would not comment, citing attorney-client privilege. Simpson's home in Florida went into foreclosure, though he is still presumably getting his NFL pension.

He could be paroled in three years, and it's possible Simpson would try again to make a living. "We'll be there waiting and watching," said Kim Goldman. "I'm not letting up. If I did, then I'm telling him it's okay for what he did."

—By CNBC's Jane Wells http://www.cnbc.com/2014/06/10/oj-simpson-murder-money-trial.html

Back