One Rose for Michael Jackson at Forest Lawn World- June 25th 2016

Yesterday, I donated my annual dozen roses for Michael, via One Rose for Michael Jackson.
CkcNIdfWYAEadcV.jpg
CknsJwuWgAAnE9a.jpg

PLEASE JOIN US!!!! :give_rose:

Last edited:
I bought mine.

I will be buying my roses. I just hope that fewer roses don't mean that fans are moving on from Michael :(

Robyn mentioned something on FB that some fans found other ways to honor MJ. So it seems like there's been a split in that community or something. There is also a very rabid anti-Estate group on social media that always viciously attacks and slanders any MJ fan group that's not as rabidly anti-Estate as they are and the One Roses for MJ campaign has been a target of the slander of this group recently. A shame that a handful of crazies can cause so much harm to the MJ fan community. If it was for them MJ would be totally forgotten by now, because they call for the boycott of anything and everything that doesn't come from them. And their only interest is trashing the Estate 24/7. That's what they want the MJ fandom to be all about.

I have seen people from the same gorup viciously attack even people like Brad Sundberg on Facebook, can you believe that? They attacked him because he is not anti-Estate enough for their taste. Meanwhile the very same person who attacked Brad from that group went to the page of Wade Robson supporters and expressed his sympathy for Wade because he felt Wade was some kind of victim of the Estate somehow or something. That's how twisted they are in their head.

I just wish fans wouldn't be so easily influenced by these people.

Last edited:
I sent mine ??I wish I could visit Forest Lawn but I know that's not gonna happen.

Bought mine tonight. Hopefully there will be a big increase this last week.

Okay PHEW finally bought mine :blush:

7 for each year without Michael :unsure:

Looking forward to all the piccies of this #heartfeltProject

Thanks OneRose4MJJ :give_rose:

I bought mine.

Robyn mentioned something on FB that some fans found other ways to honor MJ. So it seems like there's been a split in that community or something. There is also a very rabid anti-Estate group on social media that always viciously attacks and slanders any MJ fan group that's not as rabidly anti-Estate as they are and the One Roses for MJ campaign has been a target of the slander of this group recently. A shame that a handful of crazies can cause so much harm to the MJ fan community. If it was for them MJ would be totally forgotten by now, because they call for the boycott of anything and everything that doesn't come from them. And their only interest is trashing the Estate 24/7. That's what they want the MJ fandom to be all about.

I have seen people from the same gorup viciously attack even people like Brad Sundberg on Facebook, can you believe that? They attacked him because he is not anti-Estate enough for their taste. Meanwhile the very same person who attacked Brad from that group went to the page of Wade Robson supporters and expressed his sympathy for Wade because he felt Wade was some kind of victim of the Estate somehow or something. That's how twisted they are in their head.

If that is the reason why this year the number of roses is so low, is just to sad. Michael does not deserve such a thing from his fans, It's about LOVE not revenges and internal wars

I bought mine.

I have seen people from the same group viciously attack even people like Brad Sundberg on Facebook, can you believe that? They attacked him because he is not anti-Estate enough for their taste. Meanwhile the very same person who attacked Brad from that group went to the page of Wade Robson supporters and expressed his sympathy for Wade because he felt Wade was some kind of victim of the Estate somehow or something. That's how twisted they are in their head.

I completely agree with you. I know which group you're talking about. Rabid is a good word for them.

They have targeted Robyn, Betty Byrnes, Melanie, MJJJJusticeProject, Team Michael, MJ Fans of Co Cal, mj4justice, NY Loves MJ.......lots of others.

The behaviour of that group is disgusting. I don't know why they haven't been kicked off twitter.....it's not for the want of trying, with people reporting them, constantly.

All fans need to come together and support MICHAEL. Only Michael, on this, the seventh year of his passing.

I think the final count might be around 7,000 because some fans wait till the last minute like me :S

I bought mine.

I have seen people from the same group viciously attack even people like Brad Sundberg on Facebook, can you believe that? They attacked him because he is not anti-Estate enough for their taste. Meanwhile the very same person who attacked Brad from that group went to the page of Wade Robson supporters and expressed his sympathy for Wade because he felt Wade was some kind of victim of the Estate somehow or something. That's how twisted they are in their head.

I completely agree with you. I know which group you're talking about. Rabid is a good word for them.

They have targeted Robyn, Betty Byrnes, Melanie, MJJJJusticeProject, Team Michael, MJ Fans of Co Cal, mj4justice, NY Loves MJ.......lots of others.

The behaviour of that group is disgusting. I don't know why they haven't been kicked off twitter.....it's not for the want of trying, with people reporting them, constantly.

All fans need to come together and support MICHAEL. Only Michael, on this, the seventh year of his passing.

Since the topic has come up at another forum, here are some answers from someone who is apparently close to the project.

A few things.

Its important to remember, the current OneRose4MJJ had to arise out of the ashes like a phoenix after what Sofie(former admin) did to the previous group.

It took a A LOT of hard work to gain back people's trust to get the rose counts up to the numbers they reached.

The fact that we're now on our SEVENTH year after that type of devastating blow is an accomplishment in and of itself.

Next, we've ALWAYS maintained no matter the rose count, what matters most is the L.O.V.E these roses represent for Michael.

Previous years have had LARGE numbers, its true, but what made the numbers so big was the fact that various fan GROUPS would collect from their members and THEN place their orders on the very last day.

The numbers jump within the last week.

However, this year, we anticipated the numbers to be low for TWO reasons.

One, one of our biggest fan groups from China has decided to do their own tribute to Michael this year in place of their normal choice of sending roses. We respect that and we wish them all the best and are truly grateful for the many years of support they gave OneRose4MJJ.

Second, the construction at Forest Lawn has people anxious. Some believe it would mean the roses would not have a place in June.

As you can see by a picture by another font, the construction is almost wrapped up and there is more than enough room for the roses no matter what the count ends up being.

As for the suggestion of calling it quits? Um, we're Michael Jackson fans...when have MJ fans ever been known to QUIT?

Whether its ONE rose or one THOUSAND roses, OneRose4MJJ will be here for years to come for every single fan whom wants to send their love to Michael when they can't be personally there.

Each rose truly represents the heart of an MJ fan sending Michael their love and we'll continue to be the messengers of that love.

Really shocking reading all this ugliness towards people who want to participate in the Rose project.

In 2009 I set up a daily google alert about Michael bc I was trying to find out what happened. News articles pop up every day but so do blogs and twitter things. I'm of Michael's generation, so I didn't realize there were such things as online fan clubs and forums. (I didn't even belong to pen and paper fan clubs when I was a kid).

But that first year there was a huge fight between warring fan clubs over sending roses or sunflowers. Accusations of the organizers scamming fans. I was just shocked, reading this stuff. I didn't participate in anything.
But I watched the videos and saw photos of One Rose placing the roses and it was so beautiful. And it meant so much.
Even better are the looks on peoples faces who receive the flowers the next day: the charities, the elderly centers, centers for vets and AIDs patients. Flowers go to the children's section of the cemetery, the Jacksons, Elizabeth Taylor, Dennis Tompkins. Michael paying it forward.

This is truly a beautiful way to show Michael how much he's loved and remembered and I thank these women for continuing to do this each and every year.

Bought another 7 roses for a man with such a huge heart who did so much for the world. This is a beautiful event and harms no-one. I hope it continues year after year.

"Its important to remember, the current OneRose4MJJ had to arise out of the ashes like a phoenix after what Sofie(former admin) did to the previous group."

This group has done wonderful job year after year, and its always delightful to see photos of masses of flowers @Forest Lawn

I don't know what happened with former admin, but I do hope that people are not put off buying flowers to Michael.
Send you flowers any means or ways possible, but don't let Michael' resting place go flowerless and cold like nobody cares about him anymore.

OneRose 4MJJ ?@OneRose4MJJ

Starting rose count was 6575...final rose total after tonight's #Rocking4Roses 6,741!!!

Ck4heeQVEAIn81F.jpg

13450288_10207975568719742_4819568369707041566_n.jpg

13432300_10207975568919747_1311256273261776857_n.jpg

An Update From: Robyn Starkand
Wednesday June 15th 2016 5:35pm CST

Hi Everyone,

Went to Forest Lawn today ...new renovation almost done.
I had a meeting with upper management as I always do before we the deliver roses and they assured me all will be done and all Roses can be displayed as usual...
So no worries...all is good :heart:

2 DAYS LEFT MJ FAMILY !! LET US STEM TOGETHER FOR MICHAEL :agree: :heart:

Will your Rose be there?
$3.00 per long stem Rose...
paypal address: onerose4mjj@gmail.com

:heart:​

I have a question about this, and I guess maybe somebody who lives in LA and is around Forest Lawn a lot might know. I know all of the roses that are sent to Michael are re-delivered to charities, and elder homes, and AIDS hospices, etc. around the city. But what happens to all the handmade gifts, the cards, the stuffed animals that are there-not just on June 25th, but all year round.
Does Forest Lawn take them in, and then throw them away. Do they donate them to other organizations? Do the fan clubs themselves take them away? I'm just curious.
They're so beautiful, and heartfelt, and I remember the toys, cards, and stuffed animals that were left at the Motown building in Detroit. They bought a burial plot in Detroit's oldest cemetery for Michael and buried them there.
I was just curious if anyone knew.

I have a question about this, and I guess maybe somebody who lives in LA and is around Forest Lawn a lot might know. I know all of the roses that are sent to Michael are re-delivered to charities, and elder homes, and AIDS hospices, etc. around the city. But what happens to all the handmade gifts, the cards, the stuffed animals that are there-not just on June 25th, but all year round.
Does Forest Lawn take them in, and then throw them away. Do they donate them to other organizations? Do the fan clubs themselves take them away? I'm just curious.
They're so beautiful, and heartfelt, and I remember the toys, cards, and stuffed animals that were left at the Motown building in Detroit. They bought a burial plot in Detroit's oldest cemetery for Michael and buried them there.
I was just curious if anyone knew.

I wondered this too. I'm sure I heard at one point you're not allowed to leave anything without authorisation.

When I visited in 2014 I left something. I wondered what happened to it. Not that it really matters, it was a symbolic gesture and even if it only made it to the end of the day it was worth it for me.

I do not remember the source, but I heard / read that some of those cards and gifts go to the Jackson family / Katherine Jackson.
If so, I do not remember if the family chooses which gifts and cards they want to keep or if they are given to them by the FL management.

My brain is a sieve :doh:

Last edited:
Today's the last day. Got mine tonight-just under the wire. Never did figure out how to listen to the radio show-but I think they might have been off the air by the time I got home.
From the Facebook posts, it looks like a flurry of activity today-so I'm not the only procrastinator. It'll be beautiful, no matter what.

OneRose 4MJJ@OneRose4MJJ

7,721 roses and counting!!! #7yearswithoutMichaelJackson

ClHZEWRVAAAU2ey.jpg

Back