Pepsi Partners With Michael Jackson Estate for Commemorative Packaging [Pepsi Promo /Can discussion]

Re: Pepsi Partners With Michael Jackson Estate for Commemorative Packaging

Waw all these past ads and merchandise is making my mouth water!!!

il_fullxfull.308363698.jpg

8699674_2.jpg

61237-1246135304-6.jpg

-108013306319084500.jpg

images

OMG! :eek:
kermit.gif

Why should Adele's name be on a Michael Jackson project?

I will boycott the product with Adele's name. I know my vote is a drop in the bucket, but atleast I wont feel uneasy.

Adele is the one who called MJ jacko and doubted his ability to perform the 2009 concert.

It was a tough time for MJ. He had to live up to the standards of Thriller, and the media, critics and public were already ganging up. BAD was the fruit of his blood and sweat. Nobody need to come and enjoy the limelight today.

Why should Adele's name be on a Michael Jackson project?

I will boycott the product with Adele's name. I know my vote is a drop in the bucket, but at least I wont feel uneasy.

Adele is the one who called MJ jacko and doubted his ability to perform the 2009 concert.

It was a tough time for MJ. He had to live up to the standards of Thriller, and the media, critics and public were already ganging up. BAD was the fruit of his blood and sweat. Nobody need to come and enjoy the limelight today.

I doubt that memo above is authentic.
IMO Fans stating Adelle disrespected MJ in that short on the fly interview is taking her words out of context and twisting her meaning. Just like they use to do to MJ. She said more than that and it was all very positive. Fans should know by now that not everyone who uses the term Jacko does so out of disrespect (not everyone is privy to the fan code about the name ) It it is a common term used in the UK and Australia. Even some fan boards used it until recently before they got informed MJ didn't like the name.

We have to judge by what is being said and who is saying it to see if it is meant to belittle. Clearly that was not the case with Adelle. If you watch the video of her speaking she says she admired MJ. Yes She mentioned she felt MJ may not be able to do the 50 dates on the tour. (nothing wrong with thinking that) Many fans also felt he may not be able to do all the dates. I don't see it was stated to disrespect or to belittle him because of her other words which show she was not. I listened to the whole video of her speaking and not just the one liner fans keep crediting to her unfairly. We need to listen to all her words and not twist like the media does. Its not right and its not fair to do that to anyone.

Now in agreement with you I don't want any duet made of MJ and Adelle or MJ and anyone singing , but I doubt that Sony memo above is real ..IMO its just fans scamming again for attention, which happens with every new release. If fans don't like a particular song on the Album just don't buy it, but there certainly is no reason to call a boycott of Michael's Album over ones personal choice. I feel Boycotting Michael's music only hurts him and fans in the long run. I assure you Buzz, Adelle is not an enemy of MJ or a MJ hater .. Not in any way shape or form. She is Also one of Michael's SONY/ATV Catalog artists.

we need the second leg of the BAD Tour on DVD this year.

what is the content of the 3 cassettes. one say "bad", but the rest?
and that cd is fake right? SC gangsta mix(???) isn't official . TWYMMF voice track??? do they mean acappella?

Any new news about this project? The months are going very quickly--its already April.

I will buy some of the Pepsi cans. Funny how MJ was never seen drinking Pepsi or even holding a can of it in any of their commercials.

So it begins...

The picture appears to be from the Bad 25 calendar.

So is the "Bad25" project for Michael really happening? I'm still confused.

I have a hard time believing it until it's here but I so hope it will happen.

I can guess that would be 50/50 to be fake, because only theatre is misspelled and as I hear a few of you about Adele being disrespectful to Michael then I refuse to have them involved in the Bad 25 projects. I may keep an eye on those dates for these projects to happen in case.

Last edited:

I can guess that would be 50/50 to be fake, because only theatre is misspelled and as I hear a few of you about Adele being disrespectful to Michael then I refuse to have them involved in the Bad 25 projects. I may keep an eye on those dates for these projects to happen in case.

The only thing I don't mind being fake on that document is the I just can't stop loving you feat. Adele single but everything else I am in favour of especially the BAD Tour Wembley/Rome (1988) DVD/theatre release and I believe that to be the most important on that document. we need the second leg of the BAD World Tour released this year.

this is a fake statement, confirmed by Sony Music in Paris.

what is wrong with a adele feature? Michael did it for the Thriller 25 album release. He released a single with will.i.am?

Im sorry but if you want another number1 in the charts in this era without michael being alive, your going to need something to get it recognised in the first place. I think someone like adele doing a duet with michael would work.

But its probably fake anyway!

^ So what if Michael released a single with Will.I.Am? Most fans would agree that it was a bad idea and the record sucked.

iso_b;3618748 said:
what is wrong with a adele feature? Michael did it for the Thriller 25 album release. He released a single with will.i.am?

Im sorry but if you want another number1 in the charts in this era without michael being alive, your going to need something to get it recognised in the first place. I think someone like adele doing a duet with michael would work.

Who cares about n°1? As far as I am concerned I care about good music. So, if Stevie Wonder, Siedah Garett or people who actually had something to do with the BAD album are not featured, then there is no reason for anyone to ruin MJ's album by inserting some random artists. I don't even know who's Adele, and I don't care.

well it was confirmed that the statement is fake so we won't be getting a Bad Tour DVD.

^ lol.

well it was confirmed that the statement is fake so we won't be getting a Bad Tour DVD.

Only the memo is fake. - that does NOT mean a BAD TOUR DVD will not come...

I am hoping that artists that Michael respected are part of any project the estate puts together. Please I do not have the energy to deal with another controversy like the last album, so it is good that the letter is a fake.

First of all, Michael was alive back then so it was his choice to do those remixes with Will.I.Am and secondly, those tracks sucked anyway, just like the rest of the remixes off T25.

Im sorry but if you want another number1 in the charts in this era without michael being alive, your going to need something to get it recognised in the first place.

I could care less about that or if he ever has another #1 hit. That's not the point of posthumous releases. He already has such a strong and unbreakable legacy and he certainly doesn't need another #1 hit to prove something. Michael already proved his point, there's no need for smash hits and #1 singles anymore. He's already the King and nothing is gonna change that.

I think someone like adele doing a duet with michael would work.

I disagree. Personally, I've never been a big fan of ruined classic songs.

Thank gawd indeed.

Looks like I'm in the minority of the fanbase, I enjoyed the Thriller 25 remixes (aside from Billie Jean 08 & Beat It 08). So I wouldn't mind a few on the Bad release; but I think they should only use artists Michael has worked with before.

But I don't think remixes should be the highlight of Bad 25 as they were intended to be for Thriller. Unreleased songs are a must and I just hope this is handled properly and we aren't given just one that we've already heard on YouTube.

If Justin Bieber is on a BAD25 remix it would totally ruin it for me.

I liked WBSS 2008 with Akon. - I think it is great.

Well if we won't get the Bad Tour DVD/Blu-Ray. Then I'll be very angry, besides I've been patient for long enough.

Back