Pictures / News from Forest Lawn 2012

94551aacbf1611e1abb01231382049c1_7.jpg

da142678bf1611e1be6a12313820455d_7.jpg

c3fbdc7abf1911e19e4a12313813ffc0_7.jpg

214b7354bf1a11e18cf91231380fd29b_7.jpg

53ac044ebf0b11e19894123138140d8c_7.jpg

Just beautiful...The roses are stunning...So much love for Michael...I miss him dearly :(

Aww man, those flowers and momentos are absolutely gorgeous, again, thank you so much to all the fans who made this possible and also to those who were able to go to Forest Lawns today.

I just wanna cry :cry:

Thanks to all the fans who helped to create a little bit of Heaven on
Earth for Michael Jackson.
:innocent:

This picture is from Apollo theater New York

9a7c8a0abf2a11e1b9f1123138140926_7.jpg

Nothing worse that typing up an elaborate reponse and then losing it. The photos of FL touch my heart. I want to thank every fan that went there and showered Michael with love. In life he gave so much to the world, and Michael deserves it.

That's a lot of love for Michael. I like to think somehow he can see all of this and smile.

Michael Jackson: 11,000 roses sent to his grave on death anniversary

June 25, 2012 | 4:40 pm

<G:pLUSONE href="http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/06/michael-jackson-death-anniversary-11000-roses.html" size="medium" callback="plusone_vote"></G:pLUSONE>

<!-- sphereit start -->
6a00d8341c630a53ef016767dc0618970b-640wi

Fans from around the world sent a flood of flowers Monday to commemorate pop icon Michael Jackson on the third anniversary of his death.

Nearly 11,000 long-stem roses decorated the Great Mausoleum at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale where Jackson is interred. Hundreds more bouquets, teddy bears, posters and flower stands –- some sent from as far away as Japan, Italy and Russia –- crowded the makeshift memorial in what has become an annual event for devoted fans.

The crowd gathered outside the Great Mausoleum, which is closed to the general public, got a thrill at midday when Jackson’s brother Rand, emerged to sign autographs and take pictures.

Michael Jackson: An interactive timeline
Among the throng of fans was Carlo Riley, a well-known Jackson impersonator who said he plans to make the annual trip from Denver for many years to come.
“Even though he’s gone, this is still my passion,” Riley said.
Jackson, 50, died June 25, 2009, after suffering cardiac arrest at a mansion he was renting in Holmby Hills. His doctor, cardiologist Conrad Murray, was later found guilty of involuntary manslaughter for administering a fatal dose of the powerful surgical anesthetic propofol.

Los Angeles resident Robyn Starkand -– who helped organize the massive rose delivery through her online, PayPal-fueled campaign “One Rose for Michael Jackson” –- said the roses allowed many more fans who couldn’t make the trek feel like they were part of the memorial.
Asked why she chose roses, Starkland said it was an easy pick.
“It’s the creme de la creme of flowers, and that’s what he was."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/06/michael-jackson-death-anniversary-11000-roses.html

&#65279;&#65279;

Last edited:
I think I read somewhere (was it here?) that one goal was for this to make the Guinness book of records. Is that true and is there a chance of that happening?

It's touching to see the outpouring of love,all the flowers and beautiful tributes.Thanks to the fans at Forest Lawn,to everyone that contributed and to all that posted pictures for us to see it.

Irene Elsharkawy

If Roses grow in Heaven Please pick a bunch for me
Place them into Michaels arms And tell him they're from me
Tell him that I love him And when he turns to smile
Place a kiss upon his cheek And hug him for awhile
Remembering him is easy I do it every day
But there's an ache within my heart for I miss him more today.

from OneRose facebook

I want to thank everyone for taking pictures and posting them here, so we feel a bit of the atmosphere, like we're there.

And everyone who contributed to this outpouring of love by making cards, arranging flowers or for being there.

This is wonderful.

So beautiful display of love :wub:

I wish some day, I can visit Forest Lawn and give my flowers in person :pray:

Thanks for everybody posting all the photos and updates for us, and big huge thanks to ladies who made this happen :bow:

The most amazing show of love and respect. I miss you Michael.

that is so beautiful.. I wonder if Forest Lawn have ever received attention/flowers/ fans in this abundance ever before?

Irene Elsharkawy

If Roses grow in Heaven Please pick a bunch for me
Place them into Michaels arms And tell him they're from me
Tell him that I love him And when he turns to smile
Place a kiss upon his cheek And hug him for awhile
Remembering him is easy I do it every day
But there's an ache within my heart for I miss him more today.

from OneRose facebook

damn that made me cry :(

Beautiful display of love & respect. And well deserved too.
Hope he knew how much he was loved.

I did a write up in my blog - I hope you like how I presented this honorable occasion. I couldnt copy and paste it here becuase it doesn't format right. but I invited my followers to come visit MJJC to view all the beautiful pics and discuss the event with other fans.

Fans Pay Homage to Michael Jackson Bearing Gifts and over
Ten Thousand Roses on Third Anniversary of his Passing.
http://im4mj.blogspot.com/2012/06/fans-pay-homage-to-michael-jackson.html

What is in a name? "Michael Jackson"
by any other name a Rose is still a Rose​

WHY are people there trying to look like MJ? This is not the time nor place for those silly people. That's infuriated me, why even go like that to something like this?

Try looking at it this way. :better: Some fans and impersonators go though all the trouble to look like him to pay homage to Michael. They did it while he was alive and still do it to this day. I'm really not comfortable in judging them or their motive for doing so. I'm sure whatever they are doing it is to show love even if others dont' understand. We the fans are attcked for anythign we do even the 10 thousand Roses are attcked by some as being selfiish and egotistical rather than the gift of love which it is. Every fan has thier own way to show love for Michael. I don't think we should judge them so harshly. But be gentle with them and just respect the fact that they love him.

Back