Quincy Jones: Not Attending Michael Jackson's Funeral

i am totally amazed with the number of articles that don't give MJ due respect. as if MJ's brains had nothing to do with his masterful albums.

Lol, yes I love it when people act like Quincy made MJ into a success. Last time I checked, MJ pretty much wrote the biggest songs on both of those albums by himself and he wrote his biggest hit and one of the most beloved songs ever which of course would be "Billie Jean". Both made those albums a success, but it's stupid when people act like Quincy was solely responsible for MJ's success. Please, without MJ there would be no "Billie Jean" or "Beat It" or "Wanna Be Startin' Something". People need to give credit where credit is due.

Quincy Jones threw Michael under the bus along time ago cause that what fake friends do.

woah. so much anger. guys...no matter what happened quincy and michael were a part of each other..they were both HUGE due to EACHOTHERS talents. quincy helped rocket michael but michael's genious gave quincy that push. they were a team. the temptations were nobody til david ruffin and david ruffin was nobody til the temptations..michael would have been somebody..but would he have been the pop icon?....most likely not.... whatever happened in between is their business.... and i don't blame quincy for not wanting to go..think about how upset we are with michael's SUDDEN FANBASE!! the ones that didn't care but all of a sudden they do now..we don't appreciate them.....well Quincy is in that frame of mind..he was someone CLOSE to mike. best friends, family practically. and now all these people that didn't know him NEAR as well are gonna be there mourning....it doesn't feel personal to him which i completely understand.

Sounds to me like someone didn't get an invite to the private funeral and he's making it known without saying it...

I used to defend Q around here... but after reading his last few comments about Michael... well I'm washing my hands of him.
I do however understand not wanting to attend the memorial.

That 10 million figure is nowhere close realistic.....and it's not as if he would have to be among the mass of fans, getting squished while trying to reach the memorial.

It doesn't matter if he's there or not, but that's a very poor excuse.

And you know what? With or without him, Michael would have still had this success. But without Michael, half the people who know him would have probably never heard of Quincy Jones. I know I wouldn't have.

Him not attending will be his shame, and no one else's.

Why is everyone so mad at Quincy? HE LOVED MICHAEL! He obviously doesnt think he will be able to handle the funeral.

Who cares? He's acting a fool running to the media with these stupid comments. Not a loss in my eyes.

Lol, yes I love it when people act like Quincy made MJ into a success. Last time I checked, MJ pretty much wrote the biggest songs on both of those albums by himself and he wrote his biggest hit and one of the most beloved songs ever which of course would be "Billie Jean". Both made those albums a success, but it's stupid when people act like Quincy was solely responsible for MJ's success. Please, without MJ there would be no "Billie Jean" or "Beat It" or "Wanna Be Startin' Something". People need to give credit where credit is due.

Without Michael, there would be also no "Thriller", the inspiration for Thriller was his other horror style song, "this place hotel", the song of Temperton was originally "Starlight" not "Thriller" and have no horror element, it was the inspiration of Michael Jackson after the reunion of Jackson, Jones and Temperton who make the song Thriller, based on the model of This Place Hotel.

Michael was also behind the song PYT, he has also a strong influence for the songs that he didn't have written, he was also a co-producer with Quincy and has an active role, for example it was Michael who have taken Paulino Da Costa for the percussion for the album Off the wall, he has already worked with him in the Destiny album, I think it was the same for Michael Sembello.

Both have lot of talent, but imo Michael was the most important force behind their project, specially for "Thriller" (and I really like Quincy early production with Patti Austin, Benson and James Ingram, I'm not a Quincy hater).

Last edited:
... no, he maybe will attend the memorial, but theres no doubt that he is invited to the funeral..., no doubt about that!

Good, bitter old man.
MJ wouldn't want to see you either.

woah. so much anger. guys...no matter what happened quincy and michael were a part of each other..they were both HUGE due to EACHOTHERS talents. quincy helped rocket michael but michael's genious gave quincy that push. they were a team. the temptations were nobody til david ruffin and david ruffin was nobody til the temptations..michael would have been somebody..but would he have been the pop icon?....most likely not.... whatever happened in between is their business.... and i don't blame quincy for not wanting to go..think about how upset we are with michael's SUDDEN FANBASE!! the ones that didn't care but all of a sudden they do now..we don't appreciate them.....well Quincy is in that frame of mind..he was someone CLOSE to mike. best friends, family practically. and now all these people that didn't know him NEAR as well are gonna be there mourning....it doesn't feel personal to him which i completely understand.
Are you on crack?

This is the thing that frustrates me: Michael has never, ever said a bad word about Quincy in public. Ever. He has always thanked him in acceptance speeches, and always talked very highly about him in interviews. I would bet my bottom dollar, if Quincy went before Michael, Michael would have attended his funeral to pay his respects. I think that the things Quincy has been saying since Michael's death is extremely disrespectful.

Yeah leave him, forget about him. He helped Michael, they worked together but now for Quincy, Michael is just a memory from many other, not the one who cares about. Shame on him for everything he said.

I'm just saying, if I don't see a picture of Dame Elizabeth being rolled out of her Bentley by Quinn Tivey on her way to a PRIVATE service, there's something seriously wrong with the way the Jackson family has orchestrated this.

I cant believe you want some kind of show Like michael is a circus freak... This family has not really had time to grieve with all the whinning fans like yourself, out of control media, vultures out for money, legal battles, settling the estate, and dealing with the state of california... All without trying to hurt any bodys feelings and not really worriying about thier own... How dare you insult them! they didnt have to do anything for anyone they could have had a private funeral no media no fans no celebs no nothing but the family..... and you still would cry about it!! sheesh I have to get out of here the nerve of some people!!

Quincy said that he's lost so many friends over his life, and he won't attend any more funerals because it's really hard on him. Doesn't mean that he doesn't love or respect Michael. That is just how he feels.

bit disappointed in his attitude but who am i to judge. Seems I want to be there more than Quincy and that isnt a nice thought.

What is all this hoopla about Q not attending the memorial service...Who cares....Elizabeth said she wasn't going as well...doesn't mean that she don't love him.....nor Q. Another thing we don't know what happened between Q and MJ or MJ or anybody else for that matter. People come into our lives for reason...people exit our lives for a reason. God has a devine plan for all of us...Q's reason for being in MJ's life was to help elevate him to the success that he is today.......People need to stop focusing on who's attending and if they don't attend then they weren't friends anyway....we need to stay focus on the man...and that man is MJ...

Are you on crack?

no i'm clearly not on crack. it irritates me though that everyone thinks michael got everywhere on his own. Michael is my hero, but he isn't a GOD..there's only one and even michael needs to bow to him. michael is...gasp....HUMAN...meaning, he needs the help of others to get places. Michael and Quincy made a team. wanna be in denile then fine. but i'm not on crack. quincy was a good producer, and whether any of you like it or not, they made a TEAM that sky rocketed michael to the top. give credit where credit is due. i'm not saying michael didn't DOMINATE the team...the smallest least "important" even can change the largest of history....Michael meeting quincy. if it weren't for quincy who knows when or how michael would have started his solo career, which means temperton may have not ended up in the picture which means thriller may not have been...you jsut never know.

What I find irritating with Quincy Jones is that sometimes he has said that MJ was like his own son, a part of his soul etc but other times he just dosn´t care for him.If he really was like a son then he should have been at his funeral. He has also said some things that really surprises me like he met him in 1972 when he was 12 years old.... MJ was born in 1958 so 1972 was the year he tured 14, but he has said that several times. It often seems to me like he wanted to have his image of "the most beautiful person in the world" but he did infact not know him so well, otherwise there are things that he really should have known that it semms like he dosn´t know. But maybe I am to hard on him. It seems like he is in mourning.

Back