Rap spots in MJ tracks

Favourite(s)? you can vote for more than one

• Total voters
She Drives Me Wild wins it for me.

Michael Jackson and Wreckx-N-Effect on the same song??? I love New Jack Swing! :)

I like them all, but I prefer thriller, jam, this time around and of course nothing compares to SHE DRIVES ME WILD!!!!!

The only one I like is "Thriller," and it's not actually a rap. The only ones I tolerate are "Jam" and "Black or White," and even then I'd greatly prefer the songs without them.

The only one I like is "Thriller," and it's not actually a rap. The only ones I tolerate are "Jam" and "Black or White," and even then I'd greatly prefer the songs without them.

I'm with you on that, but that was what the '90s were about! Thriller I like too, but that is described as a rap.

Actually, I don't mind the Invincible ones (Heartbreaker, Unbreakable) too, but they don't add much to the song.

I voted ..

HeavyD - Jam
notorious BIG - unbreakable
Eve - butterflies

Macaulay Culkin? I thought Bill Botrell (LTB) did the rap on Black Or White.

It was Botrell. Maybe I should have wrote MC Culkin instead.

She Drives Me Wild...especially because of Michael's "uh huh"s during it. ;)

Notorious BIG in This Time Around for me. It just flows off the tongue and fits the song perfectly.

Not a fan of crap, I mean rap music.

I edited out the rap of most MJ songs, except in She drives me wild because it's short enough. And from Jam, the Dangerous Live in Bucharest version.

I will do the same with all new Michael songs that will come out in the future.

Those of you who'd like to have MJ songs without the rap, PM me and I'll send them to you.

I edited out the rap of most MJ songs, except in She drives me wild because it's short enough. And from Jam, the Dangerous Live in Bucharest version.

LMAO your loss

Your one of these people that doesnt class Rap/Hip Hop as a genre?

Dont think Ive ever read a more close minded comment in the history of the forum Ive been on. Open your mind. Educate yourself for a couple of days about Hip Hop. The grass roots of Hip Hop. Not whats on the radio. You'll never look back.

Lmao @ deleting rap verses from MJ songs. smh.

^^ To each his own, right? That's why there's several hundred ice cream flavors in the world.
It's not being closed minded, it's a matter of taste on what I like to boogie down to.
band.gif

the great thing about MJ(and i'm sure no one will believe this cus i am a fan) is that as long as he is overseeing the project, it's all inspired, and anything included, fits, including the raps. so, naturally, i don't feel the remixes, and i do feel the raps in the original masters that MJ oversaw, whether or not they are name rappers. not feeling the nickname for Vincent Price. i did mean to vote all the originals but forgot some, by mistake, but deliberately skipped the remixes

Last edited:
The this time around one is good, im not much of a rap fan, but that ones the best for me, solidly rapped and rapped over the most incredible bg, go back and listen to that song and listen to music in the bg of B.I.G's rap, the genius way he creates the feeling of paranoia

I'm not fan of rap but I think that rap in Jam is one of the best parts of the song.

i don't like rap... but the rap parts of Jam and Black or white are great

Those of you who'd like to have MJ songs without the rap, PM me and I'll send them to you.

To each his own. Calling it "crap" is extremely ignorant and pretentious, though. Michael would tell you the same.

Heavy D on Jam takes it for me, easily.

Why did you put down Macaulay Culkin as the rapper on Black Or White? He only appears in the video, but he doesn't rap. Bill Bottrell raps that part.
Anyhow I voted for Biggie on Unbreakable.

Back