Rate The Bryan Loren Tracks!

Well, in Bryan's defense: it must be really frustrating to work with the biggest pop star of all times, then have nothing being released*, just to discover that all your work has been leaked... so everyone can enjoy those tracks, but you don't make a penny. I understand his pain.
But he still acted rude in the podcast episode, that's true as well.

*Of course, Superfly Sister was released much later, on BOTDF.

How can you rate a couple of songs that haven't even been leaked in decent quality? I haven't heard half the tracks you guys mentioned and neither have you, at least not in full or in good quality...

How can you rate a couple of songs that haven't even been leaked in decent quality? I haven't heard half the tracks you guys mentioned and neither have you, at least not in full or in good quality...
As for Seven Digits you're right, but for Don't Believe it enough has leaked to get an idea of how the song is like, and honestly I think it sounds awful.

I don't really like any of them. Maybe Mind is the Magic is my favorite, but apparently that one wasn't even by Bryan Loren?

It really sounded like MJ was trying to emulate Prince on these songs. They sound something like Prince's Batman soundtrack. This direction just doesn't suit MJ very well.

1. Serious Effect
2. She Got It - this one has potential, actually if it gets propperly mixed [not remixed!] I'd place this to #1
3. Deep In The Night
4. Superfly Sister
5. Man In Black
X. Work That Body - this one's just awful imo

I enjoy them all. Even if I rate them as not great. They could've been on the special edition and that's all really. But I could also see them being contemporized and maybe sounding cooler to some, the production is so basic they're pretty much perfect for that.

SuperFly $ista is my number one here. I know it is not spelt like that at all but that's ok . Mind is the Magic & Lisa. It's Your bday.

...Yep. & Serious Effect is Okay. It does sound classic him, to me too .. i get that.
I remember the rumour of a "Men in Black" track being a big thing when dangerous was released.

Last edited:
Deep In The Night is the best Loren track instrumental-wise imo, even if it's repetitive. It's no wonder that it's one of the few Bryan Loren tracks that MJ kept working on throughout years.

Deep In The Night is the best Loren track instrumental-wise imo, even if it's repetitive. It's no wonder that it's one of the few Bryan Loren tracks that MJ kept working on throughout years.
I didn't even know it was a Loren track. Couldn't even tell.

Back