Red Hot Chili Peppers

Red Hot Chili Peppers Cancel Gig After Anthony Kiedis Hospitalized

By Daniel Kreps May 15, 2016
Rolling Stone
720x405-GettyImages-523961214.jpg

Red Hot Chili Peppers were forced to cancel their Saturday performance at the annual KROQ Weenie Roast in Irvine, California at the last minute after Anthony Kiedis was hospitalized. The singer was at the Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre when he began experiencing "extreme stomach pain," a KROQ rep told Billboard. Kiedis was then transported from the venue to a nearby hospital.

"No one's more disappointed than us that we couldn't perform tonight. Sending love and a speedy recovery to my brother Anthony," drummer Chad Smith tweeted late Saturday after the Chili Peppers nixed their gig.

Once Kiedis was taken to the hospital, Smith, Flea and guitarist Josh Klinghoffer came onstage at the event to explain to the crowd that they would not be performing as planned.

"We live to rock, we live to ****ing dig deep into the depths of our hearts and rock, but unfortunately there's a medical thing that happened and we needed to deal with it, so we're unable tonight," Flea told the crowd. "We will play for you very soon, we will play for you like the feral animals that we are, and we're so sorry."

"Unfortunately due to illness the @ChiliPeppers were forced to cancel their set tonight at #WeenieRoast," KROQ tweeted at 10:30 p.m. PST, 30 minutes after the Red Hot Chili Peppers were scheduled to take the stage at the Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre.

Red Hot Chili Peppers were recruited to headline the concert that also featured sets by Panic! at the Disco, Garbage, Cold War Kids, Fitz and the Tantrums, Empire of the Sun and Weezer, who performed an extended set to close out the Weenie Roast. Blink-182 also staged a surprise set at the Los Angeles radio station's annual celebration.

The band is next scheduled to perform May 17[SUP]th[/SUP] at Burbank, California's iHeartRadio Theater; the Chili Peppers have not yet commented on the fate of that concert. They will follow that up with a May 23[SUP]rd[/SUP] gig at Columbus, Ohio's Rock on the Range and a May 29[SUP]th[/SUP] show at Napa, California's BottleRock before embarking on a summer full of festival dates, including sets at Pinkpop, Roskilde, Reading and Leeds, Osheaga and Lollapalooza.

Prior to Kiedis' hospitalization, Flea and Smith sat down backstage with KROQ for an interview that delved into the Chili Peppers' long history with the Weenie Roast as well as their upcoming LP The Getaway.

Do you have the album? This is the first one I've not bought since BSSM. Am I missing out?

Absolutely loved this group up to 2002's by the way, their last great album, went downhill with Stadium Arcadium.

Really loved all their underground stuff and before they were famous.

Freakey Styley 1985, Uplift Mofo Party Plan 1987, and Mothers Milk 1989 were their best albums. Bloodsugarsexmagik is a great album, One hot minute is dreadful with 3 good songs and a lot of filler, Californication and By the way are great mature sounding albums.
The debut is fairly good too, but they were still finding their way. FS is a great improvement especially with GC involvement and it is fanstastic, If u want me to stay, Hollywood, Brothers cup etc. I love anything George Clinton related (Parliament are up there with Prince and MJ).

Best part of the Chilis is their magic onstage, Kiedis's boombastic vocals and Fleas funkyass Flea bass carry the whole thing well. Their songs are cool and they work hard, that was until the pile of shit called Stadium Arcadium came out, sounds hackneyed and cliched. The new shit is not much better.

Best songs - Taste the pain, Behind the sun, Sirpsychosexy, If u have 2 ask, Power of Equality, Stone cold bush 9We smoke that rock and suck that cock), subway to Venus, If you want me to stay, Fight like a Brave and Johnny Kick a hole in the sky (History books all full of shit!)

Absolutely loved this group up to 2002's by the way, their last great album, went downhill with Stadium Arcadium.

Really loved all their underground stuff and before they were famous.

Freakey Styley 1985, Uplift Mofo Party Plan 1987, and Mothers Milk 1989 were their best albums. Bloodsugarsexmagik is a great album, One hot minute is dreadful with 3 good songs and a lot of filler, Californication and By the way are great mature sounding albums.
The debut is fairly good too, but they were still finding their way. FS is a great improvement especially with GC involvement and it is fanstastic, If u want me to stay, Hollywood, Brothers cup etc. I love anything George Clinton related (Parliament are up there with Prince and MJ).

Best part of the Chilis is their magic onstage, Kiedis's boombastic vocals and Fleas funkyass Flea bass carry the whole thing well. Their songs are cool and they work hard, that was until the pile of shit called Stadium Arcadium came out, sounds hackneyed and cliched. The new shit is not much better.

Best songs - Taste the pain, Behind the sun, Sirpsychosexy, If u have 2 ask, Power of Equality, Stone cold bush 9We smoke that rock and suck that cock), subway to Venus, If you want me to stay, Fight like a Brave and Johnny Kick a hole in the sky (History books all full of shit!)

Dani Calfornia on Stadium Arcadium is brilliant. As are a few tracks on there. In no way should it have been a double album though!

by Clarissa Cruz September 11, 2018 EW

The Red Hot Chili Peppers’ scene-stealing bassist — and (who knew?) longtime bibliophile — is publishing his first book this fall, and he wants you to know it’s not going to be the typical celebrity offering. “It’s my great hope that it could be a book that could live beyond being a celebrity book or a rock star book and just stand on its own as a piece of literature,” Flea says of Acid for the Children, which he describes not as a memoir, but as an origin story: “It ends where The Red Hot Chili Peppers begins.”

What compelled the Australian-born musician/actor to write it? “I’ve always wanted to write a book — I never necessarily wanted to write a book about myself, but I was approached about doing it and I like engaging my creative spirit, I like using different parts of my brain,” he says. “It’s easy to tell funny stories about the ridiculous, crazy things you did as a kid. But to get underneath the things that happened, to really look at back at my childhood with distance in between, and have that retrospective introspection… I just thought that would be a great spiritual exercise.”

Acid for the Children will be published Nov. 27, 2018.

DuranDuran;4230498 said:
by Clarissa Cruz September 11, 2018 EW

The Red Hot Chili Peppers’ scene-stealing bassist — and (who knew?) longtime bibliophile — is publishing his first book this fall, and he wants you to know it’s not going to be the typical celebrity offering. “It’s my great hope that it could be a book that could live beyond being a celebrity book or a rock star book and just stand on its own as a piece of literature,” Flea says of Acid for the Children, which he describes not as a memoir, but as an origin story: “It ends where The Red Hot Chili Peppers begins.”

What compelled the Australian-born musician/actor to write it? “I’ve always wanted to write a book — I never necessarily wanted to write a book about myself, but I was approached about doing it and I like engaging my creative spirit, I like using different parts of my brain,” he says. “It’s easy to tell funny stories about the ridiculous, crazy things you did as a kid. But to get underneath the things that happened, to really look at back at my childhood with distance in between, and have that retrospective introspection… I just thought that would be a great spiritual exercise.”

Acid for the Children will be published Nov. 27, 2018.

I might buy this when it's released. It seems as though it will be very interesting. I also had NO idea that he was Australian born.

Dani Calfornia on Stadium Arcadium is brilliant. As are a few tracks on there. In no way should it have been a double album though!

I adore the Chilli Peppers and I love all of their albums.....Stadium Arcadium included. I probably do agree that it shouldn't have been a double album. Dani California, Snow, Charlie, Hump de Bump and Torture Me are my favourites and they're early on, in the track list.

Flea playing bass & trumpet at Pathway to Paris (September 14, 2018)

Flea Comments On John Frusciante's Return

December 24, 2019 Blabbermouth
Flea+AFI+FEST+2019+Presented+Audi+Queen+Slim+nH6mEZfoQzBl.jpg

RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS bassist Flea has commented on the return of guitarist John Frusciante and the departure of the latter's replacement, Josh Klinghoffer, after 10 years.

Less than two weeks ago, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS announced that they were parting ways with Klinghoffer, who played on the band's last two studio albums, 2011's "I'm With You" and 2016's "The Getaway".

When a fan wrote to Flea on Twitter that he "loved the two records with Josh! They were great! Happy to hear John is back though," the bassist thanked him and responded, "I love the records with Josh too. Josh is amazing. And a beautiful man too. And yes John is back. Nature moves and waves are for riding."

After another fan wrote about Klinghoffer, "I hope he knows we all love him very much and we're thankful for 10 years of magic and wonderment," Flea replied, "I know he feels it. We as a band feel the same way."

Frusciante joined RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS following the death of founding guitarist Hillel Slovak in 1988. This lineup recorded two highly successful albums that brought the group mainstream popularity: "Mother's Milk" and "Blood Sugar Sex Magik". Sadly, Frusciante fell into a deep heroin addiction that caused him to leave the band while touring to support "Blood Sugar Sex Magik". Frusciante rejoined CHILI PEPPERS six years later, playing on 1999 album "Californication", 2002's "By The Way" and 2006's "Stadium Arcadium" before quitting the band again in September 2009.

Frusciante last performed with RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS singer Anthony Kiedis and Flea at a 2016 benefit concert.

Some of the early stuff is okay. Can't Stop Under the bridge , MMilk ..It is clear to me that eddie from Pearl Jam was influenced by Kedis
Don't like AK as a person unfortunately.

Back