Remember The Time on this is it

:mello:What was wrong with the Soul train performance? That was one of my favorite LIVE performances i've ever seen of Michael's. It shows how he was an AMAZING performer, even while sitting down. And what do you expect him to do when he twisted his ankle? Stand and dance like the background dancers.

People, Please have some respect to Michael and for other fans on this board. For real!!!:doh:

L.O.V.E.
Romi

:wtf: ??? Did you just say that? I'm sorry but really RESPECT Hun...very disrespectful!:no:

L.O.V.E.
Romi
I'm sorry, but I don't have a tolerance for fans that think MJ is perfect and everything he did was perfect and he never did anything wrong. Acting that way is not being respectful of MJ because he would admit he wasn't perfect.

omg it would have fit if he done r.the time for the dangerous and this is it and history tour look at it the band is on point and michael is on point and it sounds great liveee

yessir, u've got that rite, the band definetly ripped the performance, as well as being able to hear MJ in his raw form singin it, this would have been one of the best performances on the Dangerous tour.

I don't really think they used that list at all.

I feel the exact same way. I remember the fans going nuts when this voting process was announced. There were three songs that seemed to be on everyone's list.

- Who Is it (though it was kinda included during I guess what would have been a break)
- 2 Bad
- Remember The Time

Those were some top priority songs to the vast majority of people on this board alone. And not one made the list? There really wasn't anything out of the ordinary on the set list which made me wonder if they did use the list or not because you would think there would be some songs that would have made it that weren't ever performed. He ended up with what looked like a slightly changed History Tour list.

I really wanted Remember The Time to make it and I always made sure that it was my first selection and I was so disappointed when I saw that it didn't. The only thing that we can guess is perhaps some of those songs would have been added during different times of the tour which MJ had a history of having a few different set lists throughout a tour.

but hell this should have been performed. I know what he did wit the setlist, and i agree with you Scorpio, he kept it similar to a cross between the Dangerous and HIStory set list. he kept it safe and to all of the singles that he's done before, with the xception of Threatened. Remember The Time DEFINETLY deserved stage time as a performance, moreso than any of his other song, especially since it had never been performed on tour before.

Personally, I dont think Remember The Time would have worked as part of a concert.

wuwaaauuu!! :eek: really?
And why so? How could you tell that? It sounds interesting to me, it really does.
I read a similar answer about the song "Leave me alone", that is, not being suitable for a live show. But why not? How do you know that or what do you take into consideration to get that impression?

I was at a Dangerous concert (my only MJ concert, by the way, so it is MY treasure concert :lol:) and yes, I was expecting for RTT rather than.... mmm.... let's say "Working day and night". And still I wouldn't take WDAN away... maybe "DAngerous"... but nooooo!! That would be a crime, it had to be there. Thriller?? People would kill me for saying this, but I can really leave that away :) (yeah, sure... and then I would be out of the place screaming "Can you believe he didn't play "Thriller"??? LOL!!).

Why do I think "Remember the time" must have been played live? Well, first of all, because it is a very well known Michael Jackson song. I remember this was weeks and weeks in the top of our musical charts back in the happy days, if you know what I mean :)

And second, because if you take this:

And you add the following wild and excited audience AND Michael's look:

... then you know you will have a perfect happy time for Michael Jackson and his fans... :wub: :wub: :wub:

It could be that the dancers maybe rehearsed the dance routine with travis payne

Well from the oprah interview with kenny ortega before the movie came out in theaters, she said that there would be 22 sets & from what the fans know up until now the songs that would be performed would be:

From the jackson 5 era
1. I Want You Back
2. The Love You Save
3. I'll Be There
4. Shake your body (although i'm not sure if mike was gonna sing it or it was just used to present the dancers as shown in the movie.)

From Off The Wall:

1. Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
2. Rock With You

From Thriller:

1. Wanna Be Startin Somethin
2. Thriller
3. Beat It
4. Billie Jean
5. Human Nature

From Bad:

1. The Way You Make Me Feel
2. Man In the Mirror
3. Dirty Diana
4. Smooth Criminal
5. I Just Can't Stop Loving You

From Dangerous:

1. Jam
2. Heal The World
3. Black Or White
4. Will You Be There?
5. Dangerous

From HIStory:

1. They Don't Care About Us
2. Stranger In Moscow
3. Earth Song
4. You Are Not Alone

From Invincible:

1. Threatened (although i think it was gonna be used as a live instrumental to end the thriller performance.)

you forgot some other songs that they talked about in this is it and were supposed to be rehearsed on other nights

jackson 5 era:

can you feel it
dancing machine
heartbreak hotel
ben ( i don't no if it's true nut there was a rumor shaheen was gonna sing it)
1 day in yor life

bad:

bad

history:
smile(according to jeremaine jackson)
superfly sister ( iw ish but is not rehearsed or performed , so i don't think he would perform it)
scream ( according to travis
who is it ( according to travis)

invincible:

you rock my world
cry (there was a rumor that it would be included in a medley of heal the w. and we are the w.
whatever happens : i guess it's bulshitt but there is a rumor it is rehearsed with butterflies

All this info i have it from this is it concert spoiler search on google.

"Remember the Time" is also one of my favorite "everythings". However, I think after Michael Jackson saw the short film version he decided it was PERFECT and well you can't improve on perfection.
So, except for the one Soul Train performance, he wanted us fans to always see only
the "Perfect-- Remember the Time". :cheers:

Back