Researchers compare Michael Jackson to show what women feel is most attractive dance moves

This gif makes me :dribble: and :lmao:, it's so hot and hilarious at the same! ;)

The Holy MJ Trinity
TheHolyTrinity_zps2d7047df.gif

Is he really saying that? It looks like it, but you never know with GIFs.

The line "you know you want me" is from a Janet song but Michael incorporated it in the stage version of Dangerous. He lip-synchs it to Janet's voice. :D

That's why it puzzled media pushed so much Michael in their "perspective" wasn't attractive. I mean, millions of us women couldn't be wrong. He was as gorgeous and as sexy as hell!
Many in the media always thought MJ was a goodlooking man; however, MJ got bias views from the media because it was rare to know a man (and MJ being a black man) to have a plastic surgery. In all fairness, the media did think MJ was good looking man who should have NEVER had plastic surgery. That was the backlash.

Michael was always given credit to being a sexy dancer. Even when the media reported this story, the radio shows I saw who talked about this all had something to say about MJ and that they should have been him.

People go crazy when MJ do "the way you make me feel" beginnings. SEXY all the way.

in the CM trial the court played TWYMMF clip over and over MJ had so much swagger on that stage, I think they loved watching it.

There was also some very recent research done, intensive to say the least. People around the world together to collectively state it is scientifically proven that I'm freakin' awesome!

I can't argue with science guys.. sorry

Many in the media always thought MJ was a goodlooking man; however, MJ got bias views from the media because it was rare to know a man (and MJ being a black man) to have a plastic surgery. In all fairness, the media did think MJ was good looking man who should have NEVER had plastic surgery. That was the backlash.

Pff. They're all just jealous as hell because they'll never be as beautiful as him.

There was also some very recent research done, intensive to say the least. People around the world together to collectively state it is scientifically proven that I'm freakin' awesome!

I can't argue with science guys.. sorry

^^Good one!! Thanks for the laugh. Do you think it will be published in a scholarly journal on human behavior?

There is a slight chance it will but I have heard talk on not releasing that information fully to the public for the havoc that it may cause amongst the general public.

I think I remember reading somewhere thay they believe it could create complete anarchy and havoc due to the unfair feeling that most would feel towards me.

But dont worry, I am too awesome to get a big head over this. I will stay humble... you can still call me by my birth name KOPV.

Hahaha

Does that mean you moved your head and leg the best or did they also add hips. Maybe it is best they keep it away from the publications, because you have seen what Michael did to the women. You don't want that happening to you. Further, it is difficult for excited women to scream out the letters K O P V! K O P V. It is easier to just shout out the word "Michael."

Between the "Panther Dance" and "Come Together" Michael is the King of Dance and sexiness. He didn't need a visual to capture the true essence of his Art!

artworks-000045916126-szisp4-crop.jpg

Between the "Panther Dance" and "Come Together" Michael is the King of Dance and sexiness. He didn't need a visual to capture the true essence of his Art!

artworks-000045916126-szisp4-crop.jpg

^Oh that come together is another thing all together. Those long legs in shiny black leather doing their own thing. The large silver belt accentuating the mobile hips. The point where he does the dip and touches the ground. Then he had the nerve to tear his shirt in that rhythmic way. Need I say more? If you are looking for material for a research study look no further!!! Let's send these researchers this video.

Well, there's the good dancers category and there's Michael :girl_sigh: their research should've had that result tbh :lol: no one can be as sexy and gifted as he was moving ALL of that body ... :heat: :girl_cry:

Well, there's the good dancers category and there's Michael :girl_sigh: their research should've had that result tbh :lol: no one can be as sexy and gifted as he was moving ALL of that body ... :heat: :girl_cry:

your siggy....oh my gooooooodddddd ....can he be any hotter? :heat:

well as far as MJ and looks, there was a time he was considered a sex symbol.. from when he was old enough to be thought of in the light up til the early 90's..

For me, the early 90's was when he STARTED being a sex symbol (at least to my tastes!

Actually this study is interesting, and nice they used Michael, but it should come with a warning for anyone thinking they can get women by dancing like MJ - it's not just the dance, but the dancer himself that makes the difference!

For me, the early 90's was when he STARTED being a sex symbol (at least to my tastes!

Actually this study is interesting, and nice they used Michael, but it should come with a warning for anyone thinking they can get women by dancing like MJ - it's not just the dance, but the dancer himself that makes the difference!

I am glad you added "to my tastes" above. Even before the 90s, like the 80s for example, other people found him a sex symbol. There were millions of teens with their Michael pin up on their bedroom walls and calling him sexy. Some fans in the 70s found him sexy and a sex symbol back then. Now what the media say is sexy and what people deem sexy may not always jell together. I am sure a lot of Afrocentric people would tell you Michael was a sex symbol and sexy to them in the 70s and not in the 90s, so I am glad you put "taste" in there.

I am glad you added "to my tastes" above. Even before the 90s, like the 80s for example, other people found him a sex symbol. There were millions of teens with their Michael pin up on their bedroom walls and calling him sexy. Some fans in the 70s found him sexy and a sex symbol back then. Now what the media say is sexy and what people deem sexy may not always jell together. I am sure a lot of Afrocentric people would tell you Michael was a sex symbol and sexy to them in the 70s and not in the 90s, so I am glad you put "taste" in there.

I am so glad you brought that up.

I was having a conversation about Michael with one of my co-workers today, and she liked him too. And she was going on and on about how he was more beautiful back before the plastic surgery and the vitiligo. She even went on to say how, in the 90's, especially in the "You Are Not Alone" video... she said "he looks like a woman!" Of course I argued with her a bit and told her that he doesn't, but then I realize it is all about personal taste. I couldn't disagree with her more, obviously, but she is entitled to her own opinion.

Then when I got home, I was thinking about her comments about him "looking like a woman" and I asked myself, "What does it mean to be a man/to look like a man?" Our ideas of what makes a "man" a "man" stem from society, and yes, the media. We are taught from a young age what a "real man" is supposed to look like and if somebody doesn't fall into that description, then they aren't man. And I hate that. Don't tell me what to think. To me, and I know to many of you and many of Michael's others fans, he was a man. A very beautiful man, no matter what his skin color was, or what his face looked like. I don't give a damn what anybody else says.

^^^For close-minded people and media Michael may look androgynous, we know why he needed wearing make up and no matter if he wore more than me, he was a gorgeous man ether way and it never made me question his heterosexuality or gender identity. It's stupid society imposes conventional molds to try to define and typecast people, Annie Lenox and David Bowie played with the androgynous card before and they were considered attractive. Prince wears a lot of make up and media cheered him more for being a womanizer and they've never put innuendoes stating the opposite which unfair.

And not just close-minded people, but people who just simply don't understand him. I saw this on Facebook tonight when I got home, and immediately I thought of Michael:

1174524_10152274490524337_2128294035_n.jpg

I think it is so true. The ones who are so quick to label him as "ugly" are, generally, the same people who work so hard to run him into the ground. But for those of us who understand Michael, it didn't matter what he looked like. He was the (or one of the) most beautiful people in the world. Once you see Michael for the person he truly was, nothing else matters. He could have had no face at all and he would have still been beautiful. To me, true beauty is not something physical. It's not the color of your hair or eyes or skin or what your nose or lips look like or how much you weigh or what clothes you wear. Beauty is something that is seen and felt within the soul. And Michael had that in spades.

Last edited:
In all retrospect to what is considered "good dancing" it takes a lot more than moving your right leg and head to make a good dancer.. lol! A fun article but in all honesty doesn't say anything we don't know...

Even the fact they says head and right leg, well those are generally the two parts of the body that most people move the most while dancing.. Even in moves that overlook the legs.. For example when moving the hips we use our legs to drive him movement.. and considering that a large majority of people in the world are right handed and operate more with the right side.. the right leg is generally the driving leg in many many body movement..

KOPV ^^you know one of our members shared a video with us some years back where in her culture, the main area that moved during dance was the shoulders. I was fascinated by it. I wonder how many more cultures are different from what you say above? I am not an expert on dance culturally, so I have no idea, but sometimes it is good to remember that what we stress in dance culturally is not the same. Maybe in that culture those with the best shoulder movements might be seen as the sexiest dancers. Years ago, I saw some people dancing at a wedding where the men danced together and the females danced together. It seemed to me that the dominant movement came from the hands. I don't think they will fall into the good head and leg movement category. When I come across some people from that culture I will ask them. Anyway, these people's dance stress something different even though they are mainly right handed people. So I will say that the study above, for this part of the world, is a good study. Just something to think about.

^ Interesting, I'd like to know what cultural dance that is.. From most of the cultural dances are use hips a lot, some not as blunt as others but we most leg movements are driven through the hips.. (So the shoulder dancing you mentioned is interesting to learn about)

If you look at dance through history - if you date it back enough that most of it derived from the same place.. The earliest recorded evidence of dance came from 9000 or so years ago as ritual dances for healing as well as sexual expression. These were found in Egypt and India!!

Ok so without going to far of a tangent, basically because of the way the movements looked (hip movements and other sexual linked movements) public performance was banned because it became correlated to prostitution and seduction...

After this in Paris was created and (We can't say this was it's intent) it stripped dance from much of its sexuality and brought more ridged, disciplined lines and structure. Later much of Europe began to use for courting purposes with it's appeal of elegance.

Im fast forwarding so I wont bore anyone...

Now when it comes to popular dance as we know it around the world it definitely compiles portions of all styles, what we see are a combination of urban street and Jazz dancing.. Which is basically where most of 'pop' and 'hip hop' dancing comes from! If we remember how much of dance is sexual expression throughout the world, that will let us understand how and why hips are used so much.. That is the reason why dance has always had a connotation that dance is more a feminine thing to do.. Women have used it as sexual expression while being sexually suppressed for centuries.

Don't forget those who do hip dances, e.g., the wine/whine (don't know how to spell it) which does not involve any major right leg movement. In fact the best winers keep their top and feet almost motionless. My mother did this very well. Also, how about the African dance where you do those movements with the butt making it go up to the right and up to the left, before it was watered down and used in pop dance few years back. The Africans barely do major right leg movements and your feet just shuffle on the ground. I was trying to get one of my African friends to teach me that one. She did it beautifully with legs with minor shuffle movement and everything was in the butt. A Nigerian male told me what the males think of the butt one--of course this is all cultural and not to offend anyone.

You see that information you have about recorded evidence of dance about 9000 years ago. I think from the time something made noise humans danced, so basically humans were dancing as soon as they hit the earth. If a bird went on a tree and began tapping to get some grub or worm and the bird did this in that rhythmic way, the humans that were sitting near by would eventually begin nodding their heads in tune with the tap, or tapping their feet, or rocking. Soon someone found a stick and accidentally just hit it twice on a log or surface and realized hey this is soothing and before you know it, 2 knocks become 10 knocks, or 2 knocks-rest-2 knocks. Meanwhile the knocker began to move, and others joined in and on and on. So to me as soon as humans began hearing sounds of water in the streams, animal sounds, wind sounds, bird sounds, rain sounds, they began to do their dance. I am not talking about any complicated dance, just a simple dance of body movement. I think these people may not have written records of it. I would think too that when people came back from the hunt with their animal and the villagers or family gathered to share the kill, they would light a fire and you would have some dancing going on. Therefore, I think dancing began way before the recorded history. Years ago I saw a video from some musicologist who went around the world and researched music among various cultures. They had this little boy from a native group in New Guinea I think. Anyway the kid, who was naked, had this flute made out of a little twig and he was playing his tune. The tune actually was based on the sounds the kid hears in the land around him--the shrill sounds of birds and other insects. He was actually moving to this tune too. If Westerners did not go to his land and record this, I would not have known about it. I think also it is a natural condition of humans to move to some sound, and sing or hum, so I don't think the first dances were really for sexual expression or to do with healing. However, I understand that the above is just 'recorded' evidence.

everything dances, scientists have been trying to understand it for years.. all living organisms move differently while music is playing!! even the cells 'dance'.. There is more to the reason why they say to play beautiful music for plant life and they will grow stronger. There is more to the reasons why people danced for healing rituals..

There is a correlation to music and dance that is unexplainable!! Something I don't think Science will ever be able to fully grasp..

Whine and wine (it's actually spelled both ways) but to add to what you said, there are various forms of whine dancing. Whine and belly dancing have very similar origins and went different routes.. best way I can explain it religious sects how they branch away and evolve into new forms.. And within those it branches out more and more, for example the most popular whine movement I would say was mostly in the Caribbean islands, while in Africa it kept closer to it's original root and sected off into a more (I guess the only way I can title it as is) tribal-esk.. As these dances sepperated in there own, they tend to come back together.. like Jazz and urban dance to create hip hop/ pop.. There is Egyptian whine which is a direct combo of belly dancing and what we know was whine today..

It all evolves!! It's really cool to understand and learn.. To me it's a great way to learn dance, is by it's history and learning those origin dances, because all todays dances came from that and you learn the core moves first than move forward with the current styles and it comes easy.

Back