RIAA Tallies The Decade's Top Gold & Platinum Award Winners - Michael is the top male artist

November 1, 2006 Capitol Nashville country artist Garth Brooks takes Double Live (2008) 21x multi-Platinum. Garth Brooks is currently the best-selling solo artist in history having certified more than 128 million units to date

Hum, I have some big questions:
First of all, what is Garth Brooks biggest hit? I don't know this guy, I am curious to wanna give a listen to his hit.
Secondly, by far, how many MJ has sold in US alone? Do some of you know the exact figures?
Thirdly, I am quite comfused by RIAA. They announced Elvis has sold more than 1 billion, but now they stated Garth Books sold most in USA(just 128 million+ units). So, how the hell Elvis sold his damn 1 billion albums? It's IMPOSSIBLE, we all know, Elvis' albums were/are mainly sold in US. It's totally a HYPE.

BTW, the current list of RIAA is about the first decade of the new century. So Michael is the biggest selling male artist in the USA in this century!, including Thriller being the best selling album, as it was in the 20th century!

Included in the RIAA’s 2000-2009 count are the artists who received the most G&P certifications, the best selling music releases.

Guys, this is it.

Michael, in fact, is the biggest selling male artist in this century (2000-2009) ... so far..., so..., and this is only for the US market.
Global sale is about 80 mill. albums..

Almost every decade of MJs career he sold almost 100 mill. albums..., who has ever sold so many albums?
Nobody.

First of all, what is Garth Brooks biggest hit? I don't know this guy, I am curious to wanna give a listen to his hit.
Secondly, by far, how many MJ has sold in US alone? Do some of you know the exact figures?
Thirdly, I am quite comfused by RIAA. They announced Elvis has sold more than 1 billion, but now they stated Garth Books sold most in USA(just 128 million+ units). So, how the hell Elvis sold his damn 1 billion albums? It's IMPOSSIBLE, we all know, Elvis' albums were/are mainly sold in US. It's totally a HYPE.

Of course, Brooks is huge in the US, bigger and better seller than Elvis, and everybody in music business does know that, but they (music moguls and businessmen and conspirators) have their agenda - keep the Elvis KING status up ... despite the fact that he was overcome by Michael and Brooks... ages ago...

The billion number had never existed, so its pointless to comment that here, but Elvis fans will insist on this forever, and there are articles (it was one American mag) that reported about 1,8 billion records for Elvis, and all media reports are about that nonsense, artificially maintained so-called fact.
60% of all records of Elvis were sold in the USA...
Pure conspiracy.

BTW, RIIA has never officially confirmed the 1 billion number for Elvis.

Last edited:
Guys, this is it.
Of course, Brooks is huge in the US, bigger and better seller than Elvis, and everybody in music business do know that, but they (music moguls and businessmen and conspirators) have their agenda - keep the Elvis KING status up ... despite the fact that he was overcome by Michael and Brooks... ages ago...

The billion number had never existed, so its pointless to comment that here, but Elvis fans will insist on this forever, and there are articles (it was one American mag) that reported about 1,8 billion records for Elvis, and all media reports are about that nonsense, artificially maintained so-called fact.
60% of all records of Elvis were sold in the USA...
Pure conspiracy.

BTW, RIIA has never officially confirmed the 1 billion number for Elvis.

Thank you for clarifying for me. So, the so-called 1 billion selling figure was invented by Elvis fans and spread as a fact by media and businessmen purposely, wasn't it? Sigh, the contemptible media is so biased.

I've never liked Garth Books and am only familiar with a couple of his hits...

The Fever (I only know this song because it was covered by another artist that I really AM a fan of in a tribute to Garth CD)

Workin' for a livin' I think this song has been used in commercials, otherwise, I never would have known it.

I may be wrong but Garth was not one of those cross over artists who crossed over from country into the pop charts. I only like country/pop not pure country.

Last edited:
yay to Michael!!! :)
They need to stop playing around- MJ probably outsold the Eagles here in the US a long time ago lol

I am glad for Michael. This is for the US only right? Where does Michael stand in the whole world if it's possible to know. He has to be one the best selling artist ever.

How to explain the Best Selling Artist of this Decade (US) revealed by Nielsen SoundScan in Dec 09? MJ, Beyonce and The Eagles not even in the top 10 according to them..lol

Top 10 Selling Artist Of This Decade:
1. Eminem 32.2
2. The Beatles 30
3. Tim McGraw 24.6
4. Toby Keith 24.4
5. Britney Spears 22.9
6. Kenny Chesney 22
7. Linkin Park 21.4
8. Nelly 21.2
9. Creed 20.5
10. Jay-Z 20.3

Bestselling Albums of the Decade
1. The Beatles - 1 - 11,499,000
2. *NSYNC - No Strings Attached - 11,112,000
3. Norah Jones - Come Away With Me - 10,546,000
4. Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP - 10,204,000
5. Eminem - The Eminem Show - 9,799,000
6. Usher - Confessions - 9,712,000
7. Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory - 9,663,000
8. Creed - Human Clay - 9,491,000
9. Britney Spears - Oops! ... I Did It Again - 9,185,000
10. Nelly - Country Grammar - 8,461,000

I am glad for Michael. This is for the US only right? Where does Michael stand in the whole world if it's possible to know. He has to be one the best selling artist ever.

it's for the usa....and even they keep switching up..
not too long ago, they said that MJ was getting a million digi downloads a day in the usa, last year, and the year before that. so i don't think they're accurate with the usa, either.

MJ is the world's best seller.

Group: The Eagles – 48 (Warner)
Male solo artist: Michael Jackson 44 (Sony/Epic)
Female solo artist: Beyonce – 64 (Sony/Columbia)

is this mean that Beyonce sold more than Michael?

is this mean that Beyonce sold more than Michael?

I really don't know how they calculate these numbers because I know for fact that Beyonce has not even sold 15 million albums combined the past decade. Therefore, they must be including digital sales of singles and single sales or something.

As for MJ vs. Garth Brookes, that number may be right because although MJ's album has sold well overall, in America I don't think he has sold more than 6 million copies of an album since Thriller. Worldwide that number is going to be different though.

How to explain the Best Selling Artist of this Decade (US) revealed by Nielsen SoundScan in Dec 09? MJ, Beyonce and The Eagles not even in the top 10 according to them..lol

Top 10 Selling Artist Of This Decade:
1. Eminem 32.2
2. The Beatles 30
3. Tim McGraw 24.6

Bestselling Albums of the Decade
1. The Beatles - 1 - 11,499,000
2. *NSYNC - No Strings Attached - 11,112,000
3. Norah Jones - Come Away With Me - 10,546,000

Very good point... :D

As I said before..., something is very wrong with RIAA and so-called certifications.... as well as SoundScan...

They make of us :baby:

Back