Site Seeing All Things Michael Jackson

I think I prefer this wax model over the other one, this one seems more accurate IMO.
Don't like waxworks, tbh. Can't see the point of them. There's a lovely clip of Michael (Thriller era, IIRC) looking at a waxwork (poss the Madame Tussaud's one) and he's asked what he thinks of seeing himself as a waxwork and he very diplomatically says it's fascinating.

Dang it! Can't seem to find the other clip. Anyway, Michael visiting Madame Tussaud's Waxwork Museum, London.

1m 59s

Here we go! Michael at Madame Tussaud's.

Michael being adorable at approx 2m 12s - 2m 30s

Last edited:
She doesn't say exactly where Charlie Chaplin's house is although Switzerland is mentioned in the convo further down the thread.

Wiki says this:

"The Manoir de Ban, or Champ de Ban Estate Manor, is a manor house located at Corsier-sur-Vevey on the banks of Lake Geneva in Switzerland. The property is known for having been Charlie Chaplin's home for 25 years, from 1952 until his death in 1977."

and has this photo which looks like a match:

view-from-the-garden-of-charlie-chaplins-house-in-switzerland-GN6MJW.jpg

Last edited:
Cross-posting.

@Cohiba42794785
"New Michael Jackson mural by @ iamcaptaineo in Los Angeles, on display in the Cafe where ' Beat it' was filmed"

Fvc3pDVWcAAPbMv

I like this thread - I've always enjoyed seeing places where MJ visited and comparing older pics with how they look today etc.

I'm also a fan of looking at stadiums that he performed in. Feels pretty special knowing he put on amazing shows in them.

Here's more info about the cafe with the Beat It mural. What's all this about a 'Michael Week'?

"OH MY!! A new Michael Jackson mural inside Monte Carol Cafe in LA -109 E 5th St, Los Angeles, CA, California (310) 818-6628- Make sure to hang out there during Michael's Week in Los Angeles"
@imcaptaineo

FvoLtQIacAI8dLl

I'm deranged enough to go to California just for this lol
oh gosh, then I feel obliged to point out that this might not be the actual cafe where Beat It was filmed. Last night I was coming off the dreg ends of a nasty migraine plus I was sleep deprived from my usual insomnia madness. That's my code for - I wasn't making any sense, don't blame me, lol. But I did find a comment somewhere (not here on the board, somewhere else) about some other cafe being the real one but it has now been demolished (there's a car park there, now?). So I don't know the story of how this one is claiming to be the actual one although, apparently, the physical similarity is strong.

All of that said, they are celebrating Michael, they have the wall mural and they are doing a Beat It smoothie. Which all sounds awesome.

Go West, young woman! :)

I would go, too, if it weren’t for the Atlantic, the staggering distance, and my laziness.

Sad to hear that the real deal has been demolished. If I ruled the world, I would’ve made it a museum.

oh gosh, then I feel obliged to point out that this might not be the actual cafe where Beat It was filmed. Last night I was coming off the dreg ends of a nasty migraine plus I was sleep deprived from my usual insomnia madness. That's my code for - I wasn't making any sense, don't blame me, lol. But I did find a comment somewhere (not here on the board, somewhere else) about some other cafe being the real one but it has now been demolished (there's a car park there, now?). So I don't know the story of how this one is claiming to be the actual one although, apparently, the physical similarity is strong.
I had heard about this a few days ago but have yet to look too much into it. To be honest, I am down to go to California for this solely for it being a Michael Jackson themed establishment and nothing more lol.

Again, I am deranged.

All of that said, they are celebrating Michael, they have the wall mural and they are doing a Beat It smoothie. Which all sounds awesome.
Exactly!!!!

Go West, young woman! :)
Onward Ho!!

I would go, too, if it weren’t for the Atlantic, the staggering distance, and my laziness.
If not for those few things 😂

Sad to hear that the real deal has been demolished. If I ruled the world, I would’ve made it a museum.
Totally agree. You know how they retire sports jerseys? If it were up to me, we would retire every place Michael ever visited or spent time lol.

Some things this might include:
- Locations meaningful to his life
- Museums with Michael exhibits
- Museums/galleries with Michael's own art, his art collection, or work inspired by Michael
- Public art/murals/street art, etc.
- Tribute shows/artists worth seeing
- anything else Michael related that I might be forgetting...
So I think Monte Carlo cafe definitely qualifies for the thread. Phew!

I had heard about this a few days ago but have yet to look too much into it.
I was trying to find more info about this 'Michael week' thing and stumbled across the story about the Monte Carlo cafe vs. another one (Special Cafe?). Might try to find it again later.

To be honest, I am down to go to California for this solely for it being a Michael Jackson themed establishment and nothing more lol.
Exactly! It will be fabulous. You'll miss the Beat It smoothie but the mural will still be there.

Totally agree. You know how they retire sports jerseys? If it were up to me, we would retire every place Michael ever visited or spent time lol.
Here's a link to a thread with the Beat It locations video, I think the fan who did it is German. I posted his OTW video upthread, he's very engaging. Time stamp for info re Monte Carlo cafe 10m 45s - 12m 22s.

Here's a brief mention of 'Michael Week'. Cross-posting from the Daily Michaeling thread.

"Michaeling

Eringa investigated and took part in three forms of Michaeling, such as a memorial site in Munich, where fans have transformed a statue of Orlando di Lasso into a shrine for Jackson, and the monthly online prayer service called ‘the Major Love Prayer’. In the service, people are encouraged to internalize Jackson’s message and to spread it through the means of meditating on his music. During the annual ‘Michael Week’ in Los Angeles, fans trek as pilgrims to renowned places in Jackson’s life."

Cross posting.

Mural of Michael in Parc Natural de l'Albufera, Valencia, Spain. Dated May 2019, no info to say it's still in place.

675px-Graffiti_de_Michael_Jackson_a_Sollana_%28Art_urb%C3%A0_al_Pa%C3%ADs_Valenci%C3%A0%29.jpg

Love this thread! Thnx everyone for your input. In 2015 I visited the house the final scene from thriller was filmed in LA. It was totally renovated, bit they left a part of the veranda untouched which makes it very recognizable as the thriller mansion. Took this picture.
IMG_3521 (1) (1) (1) (1).jpg

The book Travelling with a King is a good place to start exploring MJJ related locations

Love this thread! Thnx everyone for your input. In 2015 I visited the house the final scene from thriller was filmed in LA. It was totally renovated, bit they left a part of the veranda untouched which makes it very recognizable as the thriller mansion. Took this picture.
View attachment 2511

The book Travelling with a King is a good place to start exploring MJJ related locations
That is a brilliant photo of the house. :)

This is probably already on the thread but, whatever ...

A shrine in Munich based around the statue of Orlando di Lasso, located at the Eastern end of Promenadeplatz. The location was chosen because it’s opposite the Bayerischer Hof Hotel, Michael's favourite place to stay when he was in Munich.

Zw.jpg

Forest Lawn Memorial Park. I know this is really, really obvious but this photo is so lovely I had to include it.

June 2019

FzWg_22aQAAjUxw

No idea where in Budapest the Michael memorial tree is but it's nice to know about it.

Found a bit more info about the Budapest Michael memorial tree.

"During his tour stays in Budapest, Michael Jackson often stayed at the Kempinski Hotel. [...] In addition, each year on Michael Jackson’s birthday, Hungarian fans gather in the park in impromptu flash mobs to perform one of the celebrity’s dances."

Last edited:
I NEED to go to the Beat It Cafe! Hopefully it will not stop selling the drink because I love smoothies!

Back