Slash on Michael and Dangerous - Ronnie Wood show

I thought Slash didn't think well of Michael after 2005 too. There was an interview I read in which he seemed to want to distance himself from Michael and also, the interview he did with CNN after Michael died seemed to demonstrate the same thing.

I thought Slash didn't think well of Michael after 2005 too. There was an interview I read in which he seemed to want to distance himself from Michael and also, the interview he did with CNN after Michael died seemed to demonstrate the same thing.

This. Slash CNN interview mentions Michael around 10:54 mins.

It was that CNN interview but I think she asked him questions about Michael and his responses were very slight. I'm pretty sure we discussed the article post 2005 here, and I remember him saying he wouldn't want his child near him.

It was that CNN interview but I think she asked him questions about Michael and his responses were very slight. I'm pretty sure we discussed the article post 2005 here, and I remember him saying he wouldn't want his child near him.

He did say that in his interview to Uncut magazine:-(
This is the part when he was asked about MJ:

Would you let Michael Jackson meet your children?

"I already did! Michael met my eldest, London, when London was one or two years old, at the home of [film producer] Robert Evans, of all places. And no I didn't let Michael hold him. No offence to Michael but, at the time, with all that unnerving shit going down, I held on to him tight. You know, I give the benefit of the doubt to Michael on everything - innocent until proven guilty and whatnot - but I was thinking, OK Michael, you figure out your shit and I'll hold onto my son! But I like Michael a lot, and I enjoyed recording those two albums with him. He's different."

Last edited:

"I already did! Michael met my eldest, London, when London was one or two years old, at the home of [film producer] Robert Evans, of all places. And no I didn't let Michael hold him. No offence to Michael but, at the time, with all that unnerving shit going down, I held on to him tight. You know, I give the benefit of the doubt to Michael on everything - innocent until proven guilty and whatnot - but I was thinking, OK Michael, you figure out your shit and I'll hold onto my son! But I like Michael a lot, and I enjoyed recording those two albums with him. He's different."

Yes that was the comment that i was refering to earlier on & i was right. I remember slash saying stuff bout michael with the whole 2005 crap and thats why i have always remained wary of him

Actually I didnt see it as an attck on Michael at all. He said he liked Michael. He wasnt judgung him guilty either Just being careful at that time for his child becuase of the allegations. He may not have been that closeof frieind to know MJ well enough to do that. He was protective of his child without passing judgment. Wise - I like Slash and he alway says fun and nice things about MJ. He was not an enemy

I agree with you Qbee, I wouldn't hold that against him.

Yes, that's the one.

Rocker SLASH was lining up MICHAEL JACKSON to feature on his solo album when the singer suffered a fatal cardiac arrest.
The former Guns N' Roses star previously teamed up with the King of Pop to record guitar solos on a handful of his tracks - and he regrets not asking Jackson to return the favour by singing on his first solo project.
Jackson died on 25 June (09) - just days before he was due to launch his This Is It comeback shows in London.
Slash says, "When I was thinking about who I wanted to work with, Michael crossed my mind. I thought about doing something that would see him totally cross over into rock.
"But it was around this time last year and he was flat-out rehearsing for the London O2 gigs so in the back of my mind I thought, 'He's not going to have the time.' It's hard to believe he's gone."
And Slash admits he is still angry about how the superstar was treated by the public after his child molestation scandal - despite his acquittal at a 2005 trial.
He adds, "There was this whole eight or nine-year period in the States where he was cast out. I like to believe he was innocent of the stuff he was accused of. He was acquitted and yet he was totally ostracised. Then he died and you had people crying in the streets. Bulls**t. It really hasn't hit home that he's gone yet."

I didn't like the annecdote he told about his child because as soon as everybody found out that horrible day, everybody loves Michael all the sudden and they don't think him guilty. I saw it hypocritical because in a way he didn't trust him...

First time hearing of this ... saddens me but doesn't surprise me. His SOB band"mate" Rose is a hate-filled, ignorant, racist, bigot who spewed hate-rant against Michael.

KARMA be unto them.

Re: VIDEO: Slash listening to and talking about Give In To Me on The Ronnie Wood Show

Thank you for the update.. I actually found it via YouTube before I saw you posted it. This one is still up and viewable in US :)

Thanks again

That brings a big smile on my face to see this. Slash is AWESOME!

Back