SONGVEST To Auction Personal Video of Michael Jackson Triumph Tour Rehearsal

Please let this be true!

I've been waiting so long for anything Triumph related videos to come out....

They most likely have all the footage already

This makes me feel a little better...that is if you mean the estate has the same footage.

Triumph Tour has a special place in my heart. I want to see it out so dang bad.

Edit:
I wonder if MJ 'celebs' fans bid on this stuff..they have $ and in the biz.. if so they should share it knowing how much music means.

Last edited:
This is the same guy who went to TMZ few months back claiming he was negotiating to have the tour rehearsals released.

The estate lawyers came out forcefully, and told tmz the guy can view the tape with his friends in a private setting...but he has no rights to market it, publish or distribute the actual content.

So now, he is doing the next best thing....SELLING THE ACTUAL TAPE.

^^^ That is what came to my mind when I read this. So it really is the same people. smh

I saw a clip of him describing the tape and him actually showing the tape. It's an old VHS tape

so there is every chance the quality will be very poor. I mean lets face, it wouldn't have been recorded on even the best stuff available then as it was only for private use, so didn't need to be up to tv standard. And the tech back then was pretty poor, its probably been watched quite a few times, especially since he died, and tapes slip through time. Though it does come with a remastered dvd copy, so hopefully that will be really well done and we'll all get to watch in awe as mikey does his thang!

This is the same guy who went to TMZ few months back claiming he was negotiating to have the tour rehearsals released.

The estate lawyers came out forcefully, and told tmz the guy can view the tape with his friends in a private setting...but he has no rights to market it, publish or distribute the actual content.

So now, he is doing the next best thing....SELLING THE ACTUAL TAPE.

Even the next buyer won't have rights to release it, IMO the next best thing to do would be to keep it or .... release it free for fans via youtube or any other way ... yes I know I'm dreaming, there is no money to earn :doh:

so there is every chance the quality will be very poor. I mean lets face, it wouldn't have been recorded on even the best stuff available then as it was only for private use, so didn't need to be up to tv standard. And the tech back then was pretty poor, its probably been watched quite a few times, especially since he died, and tapes slip through time. Though it does come with a remastered dvd copy, so hopefully that will be really well done and we'll all get to watch in awe as mikey does his thang!
Considering how Michael was, I would think it was in good quality using good equipment

Here are the details on the site's listing
This VHS tape is original. The cover has been replaced and the original broken cover is included with this lot.

It is 64 minutes of back stage rehearsal footage of the Triumph Tour that has never been viewed in public.

A DVD copy that has been digitally enhanced will be included with this lot.

Still images will be posted soon so check back often.

For serious buyers, there will be a private showing of selected clips from the video tape. This showing will be announced at a later date in November.

http://www.songvest.com/index/listings/page226.htm

I wanna see Triumph clear quality. dang! Didn't someone, a fan around the internet say they had footage of Triumph and then some ish happened and now nothing for the fans to see..

I hope to see any or all of the footage before I'm too old to *see* lol

Well as i can see SongVest is doing a mistake, cause as i checked on their web page, they will have 2 things to auction--- 1st - Triumph tour 1981 Tape Rehearsals, and 2nd - a jacket from Triumph tour, but the jacket is from the Victory Tour 1984, not from the triumph tour, could be the rehersals also from the victory Tour 84, and they mistaken about the tour?

Please let this be true!

I've been waiting so long for anything Triumph related videos to come out....

Me too. There's this urban myth about the Triumph rehearsal.

They say Michael was being silly and singing instead of "Girl, close your eyes"; "B***h, close your eyes" :laugh:

I just wanna know if this is true, but I doubt it. That's probably the only word I can't imagine him saying in public :lol:

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j9E1O9CDXPk&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j9E1O9CDXPk&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

respect77;3042486 said:
If Ron Newt's name is familiar to some of you, here is why: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,152708,00.html

Wow, interesting story :)
Thanks for the info

Man, I would love to have that contract. Someone needs to put these tabloids down.

Some people still don&#8217;t believe tabloids can pay you a lot of money to show your face and say a lie.

Last edited:
"You get to see Mike before he changed his face and his hair." - he says that in the video. around 3:23

That's such a bad thing to say. Shame on him.

Am I the only one who saw that the tape says "The Jackson 5 tour 1982"?
Didn't the Triumph tour end in 1981?

The guy seems very shady to me. I''ll believe it when I see some of this footage he is talking about. If he would show just 10 sec. of that tape interest would get so much higher so why hasn't he done that?

Of course if the footage is real it would be great to see, hopefully one day we will then.

Back