Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)

This is not about Homecoming but it is about Spidey so I put this here. Sony has released a new cut of Spider-Man 3. It is called Editor's Cut. There are some new scenes and some old scenes have been cut. Here is full list of changes I think:

Here is the full list of differences:

Different background music composed by Christopher Young during certain scenes.

The overhead shot of Sandman diving into the sand pit is removed, and he just falls in.

At the beginning of the sewer/train fight, the shot of Sandman looking at the ceiling is cut by a second or two.

The scene where Peter is on the payphone and apologizes to Mr. Ditkovitch is removed, and replaced with a shot of Peter cautiously looking at the black box, and is shown after MJ arrives in the mansion elevator, but before the Twist scene. Instead, there is an alternate version of the scene where Ursula tells Peter that MJ called him, and he apologizes right then.

The line "Make him wish he were dead. First, we attack his heart!" is removed.

After the breakup scene on the bridge, the scenes with Harry and Peter at the cafe and the mansion fight are moved to later, and instead shows the scene in Peter's apartment before the fight. Right then, is when he wears the black suit under his clothes on the street and notices Eddie's fake photo on the Daily Bugle front page.

We finally see the full trailer footage of the black-suited Spider-Man in the daylight as he leaves the Daily Bugle. It's then that he puts the suit back in the black box, and goes to meet Harry in the coffee shop.

The mansion fight then happens, but not before an alternate beginning to the scene with different dialogue and takes, and it starts with Peter lying on the couch.

After that, the James Brown song montage starts, without the spinning newspaper.

After Sandman reforms himself, the sandcastle scene in the park is shown.

The scene with Aunt May in Peter's apartment is removed entirely.

There's an alternate scene where Harry's butler doesn't tell him about his father getting killed by the glider, and instead looks at a broken picture frame containing a photo of him, Peter and MJ, to which he then cries.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=13650032#post13650032

Editor's Cut is also few minutes shorter than the original. Would be interesting to see this version. I wish they would have added more Venom scenes.

Another Promotional Poster
spiderman_homecoming_ver9_xxlg.jpg

The movie was ok. I wanted to like this more than I did. Tom Holland was great and the movie was very entertaining. It was fun to watch. I have a lot of nit-picking and things I didn't like. This was maybe the least comic accurate Spider-Man movie. I didn't like the high tech suit and Spidey should be more independent. I don't think I can give more than 3/5 to this

^ That's a shame to hear.. I have not seen it yet and enjoyed the remake that was done in 2012.. had some great humor, and loved the first time they really tried to bring some emotion to the fact Peter Parker did not have his parents around.. I figured this one would be average to me simply for the high techness of the suit and how Marvel (understandably) keeps pushing other super heroes in the same movies.. I miss having movies for independent super heroes, combining is becoming way over done.

It has gotten really good reviews and most people seem to like it. I think this movie forgets the serious and emotional side of the character. I don't have problem with humor but this might have too much of it.

I thought the film was a lot of fun, and Tom Holland did a fantastic job. The only problem I had with it was Ned Leeds. I found his character to be really annoying, and unneccessary. It was forced comic relief in a movie that's already funny. But other than that, I think that this is the best Spider-Man film we've gotten so far. It was a great, fun time.

And Michael Keaton as The Vulture was fantastic. I consider him to be one of the better and more memorable MCU villains we've had. I put him up there with Loki.

The movie was ok. I wanted to like this more than I did. Tom Holland was great and the movie was very entertaining. It was fun to watch. I have a lot of nit-picking and things I didn't like. This was maybe the least comic accurate Spider-Man movie. I didn't like the high tech suit and Spidey should be more independent. I don't think I can give more than 3/5 to this
Can't relate at all but this is the price you pay for wanting him in the MCU.

This film is my SECOND favorite Spider-Man film behind Sam Raimi's SPIDER-MAN 2. Tom Holland did a great job as Peter Parker/Spider-Man. Damn Michael Keaton as Adrian Toomes/Vulture was terrifying yet grounded. he had a surprising depth to him that i didn't expect and you also understood where he was coming from. He honestly is on par with Alfred Molina as Doc Ock in SM2 and probably the best MCU villain we've had since Loki. 25 years after BATMAN RETURNS, he can still kill it in a CBM and he's officially/successfully dominated DC & Marvel!! I liked everyone else and I didn't have a problem with Ned. It had the right amount of humor without it turning into a straight up comedy and also not accurate that it forgets its serious and emotiuonal side. "A -"

This film is my SECOND favorite Spider-Man film behind Sam Raimi's SPIDER-MAN 2. Tom Holland did a great job as Peter Parker/Spider-Man. Damn Michael Keaton as Adrian Toomes/Vulture was terrifying yet grounded. he had a surprising depth to him that i didn't expect and you also understood where he was coming from. He honestly is on par with Alfred Molina as Doc Ock in SM2 and probably the best MCU villain we've had since Loki. 25 years after BATMAN RETURNS, he can still kill it in a CBM and he's officially/successfully dominated DC & Marvel!! I liked everyone else and I didn't have a problem with Ned. It had the right amount of humor without it turning into a straight up comedy and also not accurate that it forgets its serious and emotiuonal side. "A -"

Agree, can't really fault it. Holland was awesome and Keaton and Leeds perfect too.

MY opinion after watching it:

It was good, it was not rehashing an origin story so it was easier to get lost in it than if they were making ANOTHER remake.. It basically takes place between what would be an origin movie and a 'part 2' to that. Now depending on how much of a spiderman (Comic/cartoon) fan you are but it is the most inaccurate of film to fallow the stages/steps people who are in it and what supposed to happen.. BUT if you can look past that, or simply don't care - it's a good, well put together movie.. There is one thing in particular that brought the movie together for me (Has to do with the main bad guy), made it just thaaat much more interesting.. I think for those who watched it will know what I am talking about.. No spoilers of course.

Back