Statement on behalf of Jermaine Jackson regarding Brother Michael

This press release is dumb as hell. 90% of it is about Vicki Roberts and Jermaine Jackson knows good and well that he was speaking to different press from around the world about Michael's health. He got caught out there and now he's back tracking. Looks like he needs a new lawyer who's not looking for the spotlight and a new PR company because that company should have made the statement 100% about Jermaine's denial.

Well the original statement I saw was only Jermaine's so I am not sure if that one was shortened or this one embellished. I saw the short one at least a day before I saw this one however.

I agree that the wording is poor however. It causes more concern than it alleviates.

I don't buy it. One thing the media doesn't do is attribute statements to people unless they really said them.

Jermaine could sue everyone who printed or broadcast the statement for not only slander, but liability as well.

When the media makes up a story they always use "a source close to the pop star."

The statement attributed to Jermaine ("He's not doing so well right now") is from at least a month ago. Someone here probably can pin it down better. Who knows what it was in reference to. It has most certainly been taken out of context. The whole story about Michael being sick was peiced together from tabloid stories.

Jermaine has gone on national tv and cussed at the people who make up lies about his brother before...did it do any good? No. In fact, it made the media target Michael even more. I don't blame Jermaine for being quiet about it, he knows from experience that it doesn't do any good to be outspoken and be pissed off about it, so what other choice does he have?

Why do people question Jermaine, just because the tabloids say he says this or that are we going to believe it? He has teased us about the brothers doing some work together, and maybe that is just a possibility but he wouldn't hint that Michael was ill when it wasn't true.

As usual, some fans will kiss Jermaine's butt even when they know he's wrong. He released statements about Michael before, saying Michael was joining the Jacksons in a reunion tour and all that, which had to be denied by Michael's camp. So its not the first time he's telling tales.

Thank you :) I agree.
Jermaine not the only brother that mention a j5 reunion i read somewhere tito mentioned it , jackie and latoya hinted about it this year and said its a secret. while they were in vegas, so my opinion if it is true or not about the reunion, its supposed to have been a secret ,my thoughts someting is up, neyo said they( I dont know who they are )told him he can mention that he's working with michael he could not say anymore, thats from one of neyo statements this year. and on the other hand michael could have change his mind about the reunion. I myself dont think jermaine was lying I think if it was a secret , he should have left it a secret.

I think Jermaine should just talk a little less about MJ, that way he will not be misunderstood!

^^He did not talk about brother Michael! And as you can see, not surprisingly, he is quoted without talking to/about him. That happens all the time. People who never talked about MJ appear in tabloids as if they have said anything against him...Stop blaming Jermaine for that, it's not easy to be a Jackson, whatever he does is wrong.
The reunion is maybe Jermaine's dream and I'm sure he wanted Michael to be involved, but he knew there is no real possibility. More likely he thinks about a comeback without Michael. Why should he lie about that? Don't you think someone would notice it, if Michael wouldn't be involved? That are vicious tabloid lies and you fall for it. Haven't you learned anything?
Take That: They never mentioned that Robbie W. would come back to them, but the tabloids report it just to have something to write. Then the group denies it and a few weeks later the tabloids come up with a reunion-story again. It's so silly. The man is gone forever. But they need something to report about.

Just one example: RF fabricated a similar ill-story about Michael, more than a year ago. So, they named Jermaine as a source. And Jermaine denied that he has ever talked to them. Don't you remember that?
It happens again and again.

Its something i guess that will never end
And its a shame it will most likely always be this way.......I feel really bad 4 mikes parents though :(

I think Jermaine should just talk a little less about MJ, that way he will not be misunderstood!

I agree. I get really annoyed when i hear so many things coming from him regarding Michael and the Jacksons reunion.

well notice they didn't quote tito in the article. it's cuz tito never goes on record about mj. they picked jermaine who may or may not have said this. so either his past caught up w/ him or he did say this and got caught.

needless to say, i take this all w/ a grain of salt. and im sure this is his way of showing mj he's sorry....lol he still ain't gonna do a reunion w/ ur ass

Jermaine Jackson knows good and well that he was speaking to different press from around the world about Michael's health. He got caught out there and now he's back tracking.
am i missing something ? where and when?

Why do people question Jermaine, just because the tabloids say he says this or that are we going to believe it? He has teased us about the brothers doing some work together, and maybe that is just a possibility but he wouldn't hint that Michael was ill when it wasn't true.

Because of all of the family, Jermaine is the one who has in the past issued public statements about Michael. To the best of my memory, all (almost all?) of the statements have been eventually proven false.

With that said, his "statement about his statement" was that he didn't make a statement.

So if a tabliod was to print something false or unknown about Michael, they would pick Jermaine's name out of a hat and attribute the statement to him.

Whatever the case, it's over. He made a statement saying that he didn't make a statement. . . . . . . .

Vic

Jermaine talked about Mike's health during the trial. It is possible that the Ian clown used that old information and made it new again. Typical media bull. I thought the press release would have been better if this Vicki person was not promoting herself.

As usual, some fans will kiss Jermaine's butt even when they know he's wrong. He released statements about Michael before, saying Michael was joining the Jacksons in a reunion tour and all that, which had to be denied by Michael's camp. So its not the first time he's telling tales.

As usual, some fans would hate MJ's family members for no reason. I do not kiss anyone's butt and Jermaine has made plenty of errors. I stated his errors plenty of times on this board. Unlike some fans, I do not dwell on them. He released statements putting MJ in them because it was very possible that it was happening. Regarding the Jackson reunion situation, who is to say that at one point, Mike was thinking about it? That Mike was gonna say "maybe" or "yes" but wasn't ready to? Jermaine could have kept talking about it constantly as if MJ was 100% certain that he would agree to do it, but then MJ changed his mind. So, as far as I am concerned, when it comes to those statements about the reunion tour, Mike was for it at first but then changed his mind and let everyone know for sure how he felt, imo. And I doubt Jermaine tells tales - to a certain degree. However, this time around, I doubt that he was telling any tales or fables.

Last edited:
some think that supposed jermaine quote is taken from one of friedmans ramblings from a month or so ago when he claims jermaine spoke about mj and the prince lawsuit. whether thats right i dunno

Jermaine talked about Mike's health during the trial. It is possible that the Ian clown used that old information and made it new again. Typical media bull. I thought the press release would have been better if this Vicki person was not promoting herself.

I agree, it does appear at first glance that "this Vicki person" is promoting herself; but there is one other way to look at it, not that it necessarily has any validity:

All this background info being mentioned in the article about her could be to satisfy those who feel they cannot give credence to any statement made on behalf of a celebrity unless the reader knows who the heck this spokeperson is.

What comes to mind is that recent press release of Dr. Tohme's on MJ's behalf. In several posts on MJ sites people were saying they were hesitant to believe this "Tohme person's" statement when no one knows a thing about him.

So, Jermaine's spokesperson apparently has included some "things" about themself.

What comes to mind is that recent press release of Dr. Tohme's on MJ's behalf. In several posts on MJ sites people were saying they were hesitant to believe this "Tohme person's" statement when no one knows a thing about him

I saw those types of posts and all I could do was shake my head. LOL. Hey, each to their own.

What comes to mind is that recent press release of Dr. Tohme's on MJ's behalf. In several posts on MJ sites people were saying they were hesitant to believe this "Tohme person's" statement when no one knows a thing about him

Cause the ppl dont believe in someone 'without a face'.Nobody knows who is Dr.Tohme.The difference between R.Bain and Dr.Tohme is that she have a face.The statements are equal.

Cause the ppl dont believe in someone 'without a face'.Nobody knows who is Dr.Tohme.The difference between R.Bain and Dr.Tohme is that she have a face.The statements are equal.

This is why I am bringing up the possiblility as to why we were given so much info about Jermaine's spokesperson in the article along with the statement. Just a thought.

I saw those types of posts and all I could do was shake my head. LOL. Hey, each to their own.

I think what Dri posted is what a lot of fans feel. There are so many people speaking on Michael's behalf (including his own family members in the past) I have noticed that it's confusing to many fans. And I don't blame them, to be honest.

I think all the confusion is a bit too much for fans to fathom lately.
I knows i've been confused a bit at times myself.

Just dont belivee the tabloids and you wont be confused
wait for offical statements or at least from a reliaable
source which is hard to come by these days -

Right now Tohme is Michael's SOLE Spokesperson regarldless of who it is

The firm _ Scoop Marketing _ Larry Solters, That released the last 2 statements
from MJ through Tohme is a reliable marketing firm that MJ has used many times.

They also represent_ Guns and roses, The Eagles and more_ Larry Solters is also the main
spokesperson for ticketmaster. .. they would not jepordise their repuation by posting false info
from Michael Jacksons Camp _ You can trust info from this source to be from MJ ..

I agree, it does appear at first glance that "this Vicki person" is promoting herself; but there is one other way to look at it, not that it necessarily has any validity:

All this background info being mentioned in the article about her could be to satisfy those who feel they cannot give credence to any statement made on behalf of a celebrity unless the reader knows who the heck this spokeperson is.

What comes to mind is that recent press release of Dr. Tohme's on MJ's behalf. In several posts on MJ sites people were saying they were hesitant to believe this "Tohme person's" statement when no one knows a thing about him.

So, Jermaine's spokesperson apparently has included some "things" about themself.

This makes alot of sense queen, Thanks.

Back