Statue of Michael placed in Rio de Janeiro

^^^^ those statues are the BEST ones, these where for the History album, i want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have a History statue here. Been there last friday:yes:

I don't really like this statue.. the clothes and the pose are cool but the face and the way they did his hair are a bit strange to me. But it's cool to have a MJ statue you can go too when you feel like it.. I always feel close to Michael when i visit the statue here:yes:

The HIStory statue is a fail too, it looks like another man.

How about this one

3774654623_4b8279aa62.jpg

I think it's wonderful and a great honour.
The artist calls it a "carisculpture" ( does that word exist? xD ) ,so maybe it's not meant to look too realistic.
Here's a link to his blog that also has a short video :
http://blique-oblogdoique.blogspot.com/

I believe Michael would have loved it,so the only thing that saddens me is that it's happening this late :(

Oh and that sand sculpture is great!

That's a beautiful idea, I really wish they'd do a statue in London. I know we have a plaque in the Lyric but it'd be nice to pay tribute in a statue.

That's an amazing honour. You can see the Jesus statue on Sugar Loaf mountain behind him.

I did'nt like of the statue. The tried to make it looks like MJ when he was here in Brazil but juts the clothes is looks like. Michael's hair wasn't this way when he came to Brazil.
The make the statue with hair of the recent years lol

But the tribute is amazing *-* Michael changed the life of that slum, and the ppl from there and he deserves this.

I´m so happy for a statue of Michael in my country, better than this, in my city! :wub: I´ll visit it for sure. Too bad I didn´t know about it earlier! :(

The statue doesn´t look exactly like him, indeed... but I think the concept of Michael was well expressed with this beautiful tribute. :heart: Michael should have a statue in every city of the world!

I also like the History statue, and the sand tribute. They´re amazing! :clapping:

Thank you, Christiano, for posting this news here. I received the photos by email before coming here, and have 3 photos that aren´t posted here yet. The last photo shows a mosaic mural of Michael that was made there as well.

4750053903_24b0c0ae25_b.jpg

4750054381_1bbb118d89_b.jpg

4750697366_ceab382f72_b.jpg

Brazil loves you, Michael. :heart: Forever and ever!!

Last edited:
I´m so happy for a statue of Michael in my country, better than this, in my state! :wub: I´ll visit it for sure. Too bad I didn´t know about it earlier! :(

The statue doesn´t look exactly like him, indeed... but I think the concept of Michael was well expressed with this beautiful tribute. :heart: Michael should have a statue in every city of the world!

I also like the History statue, and the sand tribute. They´re amazing! :clapping:

Thank you, Christiano, for posting this news here. I received the photos by email before coming here, and have 3 photos that aren´t posted here yet. The last photo shows a mosaic mural of Michael that was made there as well.

4750053903_24b0c0ae25_b.jpg

4750054381_1bbb118d89_b.jpg

4750697366_ceab382f72_b.jpg

Brazil loves you, Michael. :heart: Forever and ever!!
Awwww! Michael surrounded by children. :wub: I liked the mosaic. It was done now too? Michael certainly would love this tribute. :heart:

waow it's amazing :love: I don't know other artist who can be loved like MJ is loved all over the world :love: thanks Brazil, thanks Germany !!

Great. Though it doesnt look much like him- lol

i agree there is something rather awkward about the rendering, but the gesture of putting this up is genuine and heartwarming. does anyone know the size of the mosaic? its beautiful!

Back