The ''Bad'' and the beautiful sides of Michael Jackson [Wesley Snipes Audio]

thank you for this post. Beautiful words by Mr. Snipes.

Bad is also one of my favorite videos. The long version with Michael's emotions and beautiful acting. I feel like that's his true self there. And the end when he sings acapella!

Ask yo Motha! Ask yo Brotha! Ask ME!

That for discrimination, in our country does not show!!! Horror

I'm happy Wesley Snipes has nice words to say about Michael, but I still dislike the man.

I can't forget that he more a less mocked and played down his association with Michael, in an interview with Clive Anderson in the mid 1990'. He was asked about working with Michael, and Wesley Snipes said something like "I was working with Martin Scorsese", or he did the video just to work with Martin Scorsese. When he was asked if it true that he scared Michael during their shouting scene in Bad, he said something like "I got paid beat Michael, his father had to do it for free".

Jamie Foxx is another actor who bad mouthed Michael when he was alive (ie his stupid joke about Michael liking children at the 2001 MTV Music Video Awards. Good job the audience booed him for it), and now acts like he was always a huge fan.

I'm happy Wesley Snipes has nice words to say about Michael, but I still dislike the man.

I can't forget that he more a less mocked and played down his association with Michael, in an interview with Clive Anderson in the mid 1990'. He was asked about working with Michael, and Wesley Snipes said something like "I was working with Martin Scorsese", or he did the video just to work with Martin Scorsese. When he was asked if it true that he scared Michael during their shouting scene in Bad, he said something like "I got paid beat Michael, his father had to do it for free".

Jamie Foxx is another actor who bad mouthed Michael when he was alive (ie his stupid joke about Michael liking children at the 2001 MTV Music Video Awards. Good job the audience booed him for it), and now acts like he was always a huge fan.

He said that??? :mat:

He said that??? :mat:

Yes he did, and I remember it very well. I was really disappointed in Wesley Snipes, and have a strong dislike for him for saying that. Now he's like Jamie Foxx and Oprah jumping on the bandwagon now it's cool to like Michael Jackson again.

Yes he did, and I remember it very well. I was really disappointed in Wesley Snipes, and have a strong dislike for him for saying that. Now he's like Jamie Foxx and Oprah jumping on the bandwagon now it's cool to like Michael Jackson again.

Well then. He can f off. I don't care what he says now. Doesn't mean much if he dissed him when he was alive :(

I'm glad to be one of the ones that can say with all their heart, mind, and soul,

"I DID care for Michael when he was alive, and never ever stopped."

It's nice to hear kind words about Michael, but meaningless when it comes from a two faced asshole like Wesley Snipes.

Yes he is two faced. On the Monique show last night he mocked MJ saying how that when they were walking down the street in Harlem NY filming BAD that some were calling out to MJ and then some were saying bad things. Here is what ripped my undies: He portrayed MJ as acting effeminate and scared of the people. Loser snipes was acting so stupid. Monique told him what he should have said to who she called the greatest entertainer in the world
( to me it seemed like she was trying to get him to clean up what he just said without creating a uncomfotable moment between them). That terd Snipes has probably always been jealous of Michael Jackson.

that's why you can trust people with their sudden respect for MJ, most of them are two faced
as for Snipes it's disgusting what he said about MJ especially in regards to the beatings, but then again what can you expect from a WOMAN BEATER
and wasn't that his first acting role? in one the of the most popular videos ever? he should say 'thank you' asshole! what has Michael ever done to him anyway?

*sigh*

I wanted an uplifting and positive thread on here as respite from the negativity that was/is so rife on here.

Like I said I don't know anything about this man other than he was in Bad. I haven't seen the interview mentioned, and opinions are down to personal interpretation, but going off what has been posted here I see nothing wrong with what Wesley Snipes said, apart from a bad taste joke about Joe and Michael.

I know some fans can be very protective of Michael but in what has been posted Snipes doesn't say anything bad about Michael, he doesn't badmouth him.

His words in the original post still count and are still important, especially when you listen to what he's saying. He's not simply 'speaking nice' about Michael, he has a message... maybe it applies to him too. *maybe he's applying it to himself too.

Last edited:
yes you can say we're just fanatics who ruin yet another thread because we're so protective of Michael, but this gentleman(snipes) visited my country a few years back and he didn't leave a good impression which helped us understand he doesn't have a bad reputation for no reason, and yes I do believe he is two faced!
nice words he said about Michael, but they're empty

I'm not going to argue with you, you're free to your opinion but honestly all I have to go off is the information posted here and from what I see posted here he has not badmouthed Michael, so personally I don't see how he is two faced.

Whatever.. I'm sick of the negativity in practically every thread its ugly and draining and its pushing people away from this forum.

Maybe some people need to think about the impression they leave about themselves, for example with thier attitudes and words towards children, specifically children in Michael's family, consider if Michael would be proud of that.

Moving on.

Last edited:
I didn't read it. I like Snipes movies. But i remember watchin a MTV special about him in the 90's and he was embarrassed to talk about the Bad video and that time.

*sigh*

I wanted an uplifting and positive thread on here as respite from the negativity that was/is so rife on here.

Like I said I don't know anything about this man other than he was in Bad. I haven't seen the interview mentioned, and opinions are down to personal interpretation, but going off what has been posted here I see nothing wrong with what Wesley Snipes said, apart from a bad taste joke about Joe and Michael.

I know some fans can be very protective of Michael but in what has been posted Snipes doesn't say anything bad about Michael, he doesn't badmouth him.

His words in the original post still count and are still important, especially when you listen to what he's saying. He's not simply 'speaking nice' about Michael, he has a message... maybe it applies to him too. *maybe he's applying it to himself too.

Agree 100%.

I feel sorry for whoever felt the need to distance themselves from MJ because they were afraid to ruin "their image" or were ashamed at a certain point of him....there are a lot of weak artist and personalities out there...not everyone is as strong as MJ as a man and as an artist...and they know it.
I appreciate Snipes' words,thank you,if he felt the need to be judgmental at a certain point,I feel sorry for him,I don't need to do the same,lol it's really tiring....

Its such a shame that so many people felt the need to distance themselves from Michael after the allegations. They were lies and Michael needed support more than ever but so many people turned their backs. Its not just Snipes though, its so many people. Now its cool again to like Michael when people should have never stopped supporting him.

We need to ask the governments of the world to allow us to have the 25th of June henceforth as Michael Jackson Day.

Wesley Snipes talking about Michael

Q: Long hair in Brooklyn’s Finest, huh?

Wesley Snipes: Yea, a little bit of a different angle.

Q: While we have you alone for a few moments, did you know that they are turning a Brooklyn subway station into a tribute to Michael Jackson for the Bad video?

WS: I heard about that, through the grapevine, yea. That’s cool. That would be cool.

Q: What are your memories of shooting that video in the subway station?
WS: That was..yea..the amazing thing was that I was only supposed to be on the film, or project, for about 3 days, and it turned out to be 3 and a half weeks, almost a month, really. And the thing I took from it most was watching Michael Jackson perform, at performance level, in his rehearsals. I said, “Wow, that’s the consummate artist right there.” And that’s the pinnacle of where I’d like to go, and the kind of skill I would like to have as an artist. That I can come in at my rehearsals and treat them like performances. I took that from him, and that’s what I’ve been trying to do consistently in my work.

Q: What do you think about Jay-Z commenting that “We Are The World” should have been left alone because an icon did it, and it should not have been recreated?

WS: Well, I understand the motivation behind it, but I don’t really have a critical comment about it. I am more critical about how Michael was treated, more than anything else. I think that he was an angel sent to us, and I think that we might have to reflect on how well we took care of him. People like to say, “Oh, people around him were bad and they didn’t do right by him.” But I think this is collective too. Because I don’t know the last time, and I can’t remember any other artist that attracted that much energy and projected that much power. That was that creative, and affected so many people, and was such a diplomat for America, and a champion for American culture, and African-American people worldwide.

People wanted to move to America because of Michael Jackson. Industry changed, the music industry changed, because of Michael Jackson. That’s a gift to us, and, you know, I am concerned that the Good Lord may not send another one because we did not take good care of him (Michael Jackson).

http://www.collider.com/2010/03/02/...-and-richard-gere-interview-brooklyns-finest/

Re: Wesley Snipes talking about Michael

WS: Well, I understand the motivation behind it, but I don’t really have a critical comment about it. I am more critical about how Michael was treated, more than anything else. I think that he was an angel sent to us, and I think that we might have to reflect on how well we took care of him. People like to say, “Oh, people around him were bad and they didn’t do right by him.” But I think this is collective too. Because I don’t know the last time, and I can’t remember any other artist that attracted that much energy and projected that much power. That was that creative, and affected so many people, and was such a diplomat for America, and a champion for American culture, and African-American people worldwide.

People wanted to move to America because of Michael Jackson. Industry changed, the music industry changed, because of Michael Jackson. That’s a gift to us, and, you know, I am concerned that the Good Lord may not send another one because we did not take good care of him (Michael Jackson).

http://www.collider.com/2010/03/02/...-and-richard-gere-interview-brooklyns-finest/

So very very true.

Back