The Bad Tour Wembley concert vs the concerts in Dangerous Tour and HIStory Tour

^ Lol, HWT is the slowest. Nah, DWT for me. He does JB legs like dynamite and sings quite a ton better than HWT.

I think the thing is with the dangerous tour thats when all the ish had started and the effects of that took its toll on michael and i think thats why michaels energy is lower in the dangerous tour

He should have started the Dangerous tour in the U.S., so it wouldn't have gotten cancelled later.
And he totally shafted North America on History tour, too (aside from Hawaii).

HIStory is really different from the others, the way he moves is slower but looks more precise, much smoother... plus the gold pants lol Bad Tour got the best singing/ setlist ever and Dangerous was kinda in in the middle of all that. Hard to compare but i guess if you want a little of everything out of MJ then Dangerous is no doubt for you

I love all the tours for different reasons

Bad-Live vocals, good energy, dancing
Dangerous-Dancing, good energy, the spectacle
HIStory-Gold pants, more variety in the setlist, dancing

Well, I finally got my copy in the mail today and just finished watching the show.

I enjoyed it, but I stand by my previous post in saying that the Dangerous tour just holds a special place in my heart, which is why I think I still prefer it. Who knows how I would have thought had this been the DVD that has been out for all those years and Dangerous being the one that just released.

I would say that this DVD is a solid second, but Dangerous still stands above it for me. Vocally, there is little comparison for me and I already spoke upon the dancing. It was far more energized, but I don't feel as polished as it was during the Dangerous tour. I'm sure it doesn't help that I've watched it a million times over over the past however many years lol.

*cough* time to advertise *cough* here

Haha, thank you for the link. I have seen the BBC version, and I LOVE IT. Unfortunately I don't have the know it all to be able to make a dvd out of those links lol. I do applaud your efforts, because it appears as though you did a fantastic job of blending the two. I must say, this makes me want to figure out how to make a copy for myself lol.:punk:

bad tour.... michael was dancing in the bad tour. he was just moving to the music
in dangerous and history everything was choreographed... (i say everything, but u know what i mean....)

^ Lol, HWT is the slowest. Nah, DWT for me. He does JB legs like dynamite and sings quite a ton better than HWT.

Thats what i like about history most, as whole. That is slower then the othrt tours.
Bad tour, like he's on speed or has chilli peppers in his ....
His moves are to fast, unprecise and hectic. And that "live singing zhat everyone freaks out about". He often struggles, is out of breath, his voice cracks down and misses lines. In wembley that happens alot, compared to the US videos.

Dangerous, bit slower an handles dancing and breathing better. And HN he sings it intentionaly that way, i think.

Xgen is right. Dangerous has a little from everything, thats why is better of all.

If you listen precisely, the vocals/verbs he misses, he normally (all other bad concerts) just skips them in his singing... he obviously tried to sing the whole lyrics in many songs because of the special recordings these night, but indeed you hear his heavy breating/bit of struggling. Just wished he sung 'High to get over.... low to get under...', instead of "Hard to get over...".. he compromises for the straining of live singing and dancing at same time.

Was SOOML sung live on DWT or was it lip-synch?

To me his vocals sound great on BWT. Misses lines, so what? Small mistakes or intentional changes happen during live singing, that just adds to the spice of it. Live singing does NOT have to sound precisely like studio recording. I do not care about things like whether he sings "high" or "hard" in WBSS, to be honest. And it's natural that sometimes he's out of breath when he sings live while dancing. I'd still take that over ANY lip-synch!

Live obviously. I love the Bucharest version vocal wise.

Yeah, that's why I asked, because it was perfect. That song was better on DWT then. I also preferred his moves during Human Nature at the DWT. On BWT he was TOO quick. LOL. So there are parts which seem to be better on DWT. On the other hand I love the energy and live singing at BWT so chances are that when I will watch it fully that will become my favorite, even if I like DWT as well. I have heard the live CD and I loved his singing, though I did not yet see the DVD.

Now that I watched it, I can finally give an answer: Bad Tour Wembley by far! It's a fantastic concert, Michael at his best! I like Dangerous Tour as well, but this tops it IMO. His voice, his energy, everything. I also like the fact about Wembley that it has a more intimate feel to it (if you can say that in the case of a concert before 72000 people, LOL). If I had to show an MJ concert to a non-fan, this would be the one I'd choose in first place.

I don't like History tour too much, but Beat It is best at History Tour.

Smooth Criminal best at Dangerous tour.

Billie Jean; hmmm All best :)

J5 Medley; I think BAD tour.

Best opening; absouletely Dangerous Tour. That jump is legendery.

Best Closing; Dangerous Tour.

Best Costume; Ok Dangerous Jackets are good, but BAD is legendery. He did wear different things. Red tshirt is is weird :) But silver thirst/shirt, both with zipper and non zipper are best. Yokohama costume, not the best. Also love Black jacket

He used many different costumes when on BAD tour. I love the panths with white lines. Blue, White shirts crazy. And also loved he was using rope for belt.

Worse costume from History. Not looks good for dancing.

BAD tour %100 live. Also Bucharest sounds %100 live.

Also love Bad tour stage (lights etc)

So; Best costume, best dance, best stage, best vocal and best Hairs :) BAD Tour...

No I'm not :D

Girls love it? No one can wear that panths, except Michael.

But I'm just thinking about dance; his classic black panths best for his moves.

Each MJ's tour has it's own magic. Bad Tour was amazing because of the live vocals and great set list for both legs (yes I like the first leg setlist even if it's almost the same as in the Victory Tour, maybe because Off The Wall is my second favourite album :)). Though, dancing was't that good as it was during the Dangerous Tour which is like a perfect balance between singing and dancing. It has pretty good set list as well but I regret that Mike didn't decide to perform Rock With You and Remember The Time :( History Tour is just another tale. MJ wanted it to be a spectacle not a random show. He knew he was not able to put him all in singing and dancing and as his vocal cords was in bad condition, the choice was rather obvious. And yes, this tour is also great. We can see Michael perfect moves, so smooth, so mature, so powerful.

If I had to choose the tour I like most, I'd probably say that the first leg of DWT. But I still can't understand why some songs weren't sung live :( Or should I say I wish they had... I understand Jam, which is the greatest opening song/performance of all time for me with MJ 'destroying' the stage :D, I can understand Thriller as he used imposter to create the illusion and I can understand MITM as he hadn't sung it during BWT live as well. But MJ, Y U NO sing Will You Be There & Heal The World Live?! :( His vocals in WYBT during NAACP Awards in 1993 were out of the planet...

Summing it all up, each tour is amazing in its way. Each tour has differend goal to achieve. They were changing as Mike was changing, as he got matured. Though it's very hard to choose the best one, as I said before, I would indicate the first leg of DWT with a great wish to see Munich or Monza show :) Which of course does not mean that I didn't enjoy the Wembley DVD :D

Without question Bad Tour is Michael at his peak. The singing and dancing shows Michael the performer with minimal effects to overshadow what he's doing on stage... Dirty Diana is the absolute centerpiece it's everything that Michael and BAD and the whole era were about. Absolute perfection. Having said that Dangerous in Bucharest is still a show to behold, it's more polished and certainly more theatrical but loses out on a lot of live singing and comparing song for song most for me decline in quality (save for a few like Smooth Criminal which hits its live performance peak in that tour!)

I think the two shows compliment each other well; the more simplified Bad Tour showcases Michael's live vocal and crisp dance moves to the backdrop of his most recognized albums and "happy-fame" era while the Dangerous Tour demonstrates just how Michael knew to put on a spectacle of a show and give the fans what they wanted all the while dealing with being quite probably the most famous living human being who was being scrutinized non stop at that point.

Last edited:
I don't like History tour too much, but Beat It is best at History Tour.
I love the panths with white lines. Blue, White shirts crazy. And also loved he was using rope for belt.

Worse costume from History. Not looks good for dancing.

To the first bolden part i completly agree! Those white lines were legendary along with the sparkling socks and ropebelt. Even tho i love MITM in DWT, The white CTE shirt has nothing against the look he had in LA 89.

To the second bolded part i sorta disagree a lil bit:p Even tho the golden pants were not my favourite it was alot better than the golden leotard. Smooth Criminal in History, Golden pants, Dark Blue silk shirt, Spats and the costume and hat, that just looked awesome :D

I personally think the BAD tour is better, Michael had more energy and seemed to convey a slightly different attitude, like he was really enjoying himself. Vocally he sounded a lot better in my opinion, a bit crisper and clearer, in Dangerous tour he sounded a bit out of breath (during WBSS and HN in particular) and which was only highlighted by the use of the headset mic i think.
The dancing on BAD tour seemed a lot more spontanious to me, like he'd just throw in a bit of fancy footwork here, and a spin and kick there just because, and he would do more of those incredible spins (MITM!) which are my favorite MJ move of all time, I find the lack of them during Dangerous Tour a bit dissappoiting (in saying that though, the best spin I've ever seen him do is on the Bucharest DVD lol)
And I like the costumes for BAD tour too, although it was quite unusual seeing MJ wearing an O-neck t-shirt unstead of the usual V-neck. but yeah even after all these years I still can't quite get used to that damn gold g from dangerous.

I love all his tours obviously, but BAD feels more like an actual concert, whereas Dangerous, and especially HIStory feel more like stage shows .. if that makes sense?
However if I was recommending a show to a non-fan or just a casual fan who had never seen one before, I would probably point them to Dangerous Tour, as its probably the most balanced show.

I've enjoyed reading everyones different opinions, very interesting.

No I'm not :D

Girls love it?

Sure! Don't you know that on every MJ forum there is a long thread dedicated to HIStory Tour's gold pants? Of course, those threads are created and visited mainly by the female part of the fandom. MJ knew how to please his female fans! :D

I personally think the BAD tour is better, Michael had more energy and seemed to convey a slightly different attitude, like he was really enjoying himself. Vocally he sounded a lot better in my opinion, a bit crisper and clearer, in Dangerous tour he sounded a bit out of breath (during WBSS and HN in particular) and which was only highlighted by the use of the headset mic i think.
The dancing on BAD tour seemed a lot more spontanious to me, like he'd just throw in a bit of fancy footwork here, and a spin and kick there just because, and he would do more of those incredible spins (MITM!) which are my favorite MJ move of all time, I find the lack of them during Dangerous Tour a bit dissappoiting (in saying that though, the best spin I've ever seen him do is on the Bucharest DVD lol)

Yes, I agree. I guess if someone prefers tight and perfectly executed choreographies then he or she would chose DWT or HWT, but I actually prefer the spontaneity of BWT.

What about costumes, especially BAD tour. He did wear randomly, or Europe, US and Japan tours the same? I mean all Europe costumes are the same?

Forexample this one from Kansas; no black shirt in it, no zipper, panths accesories are different

dhdrg.png

No Belt
2011110947850933.jpg

MichaelJacksonBadTour.jpeg

Michael did not improvise as much on the Bad Tour with his dancing as he did on the Dangerous Tour and History Tour. He was a much better dancer after the Bad era. His popping in the Wembley concert is horrible. Don't get me wrong I loved the concert. The raw energy, the live vocals. But as a dancer he was not as good as later on. Only natural that a dancer with such skills as MJ improve.

Just compare the dancing on Billie Jean on all tours and you see what I mean ;-)

Bad Tour - hands down! I went to two Bad Tour shows back in the day, and it was mind boggling. And watching the Wembley DVD now reminded me - again - on how truly mind boggling it all was.
For me, a concert is, first and foremost, exactly that: a concert - i.e. I want to HEAR the performer sing for his audience. Full stop.
I want to hear the performer breath trough the microphone; I still remember how that felt on the Bad Tour shows. Like he is really THERE. Und you are there with him.
I can do without many stage gimmicks, especially cardboard tanks and the like - bah!
The Bad Tour show: an essentially dark stage, with a few very effective lights - and the spotlight always on the man. Watch the HN and especially the BJ performances from the Bad Tour again: They are so iconic precisely because of the lack of stage gimmicks, and the focus of the few that are there is centered totally on - and enhance instead of distract from - his performance.
The combination of dancing and singing on the Bad Tour, combined with the setlist of the second leg: Best concert/show I have ever seen, from Michael or any other artist.
And I still remember my - not so slight - disappointment at the Dangerous tour four years later (of which I still saw three shows, though ... :)
During the one History tour concert I visited I was mainly sad - in seeing how little there was still there, vocally. To put it bluntly ... ah no, I'm not gonna say that.
Bad Tour: rough, immediate, excellent mixture of choreography and "free style" dancing, MJ's stage presence: off the charts
Dangerous Tour: Excellent dancing for sure; too much lip-syncing (sorry, my opinion); the Thriller performance with pretending to sing through the mask and sounding just like the record I felt was plain embarrasing; certainly many good and even great moments as well: the Jam performance remains one of my favorite MJ live performance even though mimed; still very good overall, but the whole thing started to tilt a bit too much towards the artificial ...
History Tour: ...
Sorry for the rambling.

Bad Tour - hands down! I went to two Bad Tour shows back in the day, and it was mind boggling. And watching the Wembley DVD now reminded me - again - on how truly mind boggling it all was.
For me, a concert is, first and foremost, exactly that: a concert - i.e. I want to HEAR the performer sing for his audience. Full stop.
I want to hear the performer breath trough the microphone; I still remember how that felt on the Bad Tour shows. Like he is really THERE. Und you are there with him.
I can do without many stage gimmicks, especially cardboard tanks and the like - bah!
The Bad Tour show: an essentially dark stage, with a few very effective lights - and the spotlight always on the man. Watch the HN and especially the BJ performances from the Bad Tour again: They are so iconic precisely because of the lack of stage gimmicks, and the focus of the few that are there is centered totally on - and enhance instead of distract from - his performance.
The combination of dancing and singing on the Bad Tour, combined with the setlist of the second leg: Best concert/show I have ever seen, from Michael or any other artist.
And I still remember my - not so slight - disappointment at the Dangerous tour four years later (of which I still saw three shows, though ... :)
During the one History tour concert I visited I was mainly sad - in seeing how little there was still there, vocally. To put it bluntly ... ah no, I'm not gonna say that.
Bad Tour: rough, immediate, excellent mixture of choreography and "free style" dancing, MJ's stage presence: off the charts
Dangerous Tour: Excellent dancing for sure; too much lip-syncing (sorry, my opinion); the Thriller performance with pretending to sing through the mask and sounding just like the record I felt was plain embarrasing; certainly many good and even great moments as well: the Jam performance remains one of my favorite MJ live performance even though mimed; still very good overall, but the whole thing started to tilt a bit too much towards the artificial ...
Sorry for the rambling.

Agree wholeheartedly.

In my opinion, i'll sacrifice stage gimmicks and special effects all day long if that means I get to see more live singing. The Bad Tour was 90% live, it was more stripped down, more focus on Michael and less focus on the theatrics. It was more about the MUSIC. The singing, the dancing, the energy, the participation with the crowd - eg during Human Nature.

The Dangerous Tour was great, and comes a close 2nd to the Bad Tour, but I still don't quite get why Heal The World and Will You Be There were lip-synced. Thriller too - it was live on the Bad Tour, but not on the Dangerous Tour. Not sure why. But there is no doubt that his overall performance on the Dangerous Tour was still world class. The opening to the Dangerous Tour with him jumping out of the stage is probably the best opening to ANY concert, ever. MJ's dancing was also brilliant on the Dangerous Tour.

The HIStory tour? I really don't think Mike wanted to tour or felt he was up to it at that time. The stresses of his personal life clearly had its effect. He barely sung live, and when he did sing live he sounded terrible. There is no excuse for standing still and miming You Are Not Alone - a performance with barely any dancing. It's a real shame, because when you listen to Mike sing on the HIStory album, his vocals had matured and he sounded so good. I don't think he was physically up to the challenge of singing and dancing at the same time by this point. The dancing on the History tour was still brilliant, but as a show it was really lacking.

The Bad Tour was MJ at his peak.

Sorry for the rambling.

My sentiments exactly. One of the things I love about Bad Tour is the LACK of gimmicks. That it's just him and his singing and dancing. And this is exactly what highlights to me what a great performer he was.

Bad Tour is much better than other tours. I think his performance was better and and he had so much more energy. Bad Tour has my favorite setlist and I love how the music sounds. Some may say that he did more dance moves on later tours but I think Bad Tour moves were perfect. His costumes were best too. The main silver costume is so cool

2009-06-26-mjackson1_2-thumb.jpg

Back