The biggest challenge of my life June 25th [London To Paris Bike Ride]

Congratulations Stephen. :clapping: I will donate again for you. We want you to raise more money for sure. :yes:

thrillerchild;3341156 said:
banner2gl.png

I am delighted to say that I have managed to meet the minimum fundraising target set by Make-A-Wish Foundation UK, which was £1,350.00, on the last day of their 10 week prior to departure deadline! With this type of event the charity contribute to my overall tour cost for the 5 days in June. My grand total now stands at £1,383.00 which is a phenomenal amount but I would now like to have your help in reaching the next milestone of £1,500. If you are yet to donate may I please ask you to visit the link below to my fundraising page. The page will be staying open until the beginning of July.

Once again a massive thank you to everyone who's donated so far :)

My fundraising page -
http://www.justgiving.com/sbsLondon-to-Paris-Bike-Ride

Charity's website - http://www.make-a-wish.org.uk/

:wub:

What?? I've donated a month ago and since then you only got £5???

How can that be, this thread needs a solid bump!!!

Bring him to £1500!!!! Come on fans! :) :) :)

Re: A big thank you!

Thank you for sharing

As most people know I am taking part in the London to Paris Bike Ride. It is now under a week away and after all the training I can do I'm more or less ready for it. Starting in Crystal Palace in London, England on Wednesday 22nd June and finishing in front of the Eiffel Tower in Paris on Saturday 25th June the ride will be such an emotional roller coaster for me.

Day 1: London to Calais (via Dover ferry crossing)
Day 2: Calais to Abbeville
Day 3: Abbeville to Beauvais
Day 4: Beauvais to Paris

Michael is my inspiration in everything I do including my mindset, my view on the world & love for all things. He will keep me going throughout the 4 days. I have to admit now that I am scared of the last day. What state will I be in on the morning of Saturday 25th June and how will I be once I cross that finish line? I have now reached a total of £1,410 in sponsorship and I would like to personally thank every person who has donated for every pound! I am speechless almost to the point of tears with this achievement and can't stop thinking how much the money will help all aspects of Make-A-Wish Foundation UK :D

I will be updating on twitter throughout the ride from the @MJJCLegacyTeam twitter account as well as my own personal twitter account @YooAyes_MUFC I will not be online next week so all I say is this: I love you Michael.

Re: The biggest challenge of my life June 25th

God bless you my friend. What a beautiful way to keep the spirit of Michael alive. I have no doubt he will be with you. I swear I can see him smiling.

:angel::agree::wub::agree::angel:

I will also be UPDATING your Journey on our FaceBook Page as well..
:wild::clapping::punk:

For Michael for YOU for US
:better:

:clapping::clapping::wub::clapping::clapping:

Thrillerchild, that's just GREAT :) ! My fingers surely will be crossed for you and many of my thoughts will be with you from June 22th to June 25th!

Hey everybody!

Well I did it! With Michael in my heart every peddle of the way I completed the London to Paris Cycle Ride :D

Day 1 was the toughest on so many levels. Weather was rubbish as we had 2 hours of heavy rain before lunch which put me in a bad mood during the day. I also had a major mechanical failure which ended up in my bike being irreparable so had to complete the ride on the mechanics spare bike :mello:*

The remaining days 75, 66 & 55ish miles were slightly easier but then the usual cycling wares & tears were beginning to set in such as aches, pains and...saddle soreness :ninja:

On day 4 we cycled to a holding point before we were driven in convoy by the event organisers through the streets of Paris to the Eiffel Tower (even passing an MJ impersonator walking down the street! Lol).

Holding point:
d94eafaf.jpg

In convoy by the Eiffel Tower:
c4c6cdaf.jpg

Poser at the finish :p
2233c276.jpg

Finishing the ride produced so many emotions. I shed tears for Michael after finishing on day 4 which was Saturday 25th :cry: I thanked him for my strength & giving me the drive to continue! I love you Michael!!

Thank you to everyone who has helped me reach a total of £1,440 so far! :D

Much love and health to every one of you :wub:

Stephen

Re: London to Paris Cycle Ride *Photos included*

Stephen thats awesome and Im so proud of your accomplishment :D
I can imagine it was very emotional on the 25th for you and
Im so proud of you and of Michael for all he inspires in you.

GREAT work my friend :clapping:

That is amazing! Well done! :D

Stephen,

I am very proud of you. I am so happy you were able to finish and accomplish something good. It feels good, doesn't it? You definitely made me smile today. :D

Stephen that's so awesome. We were thinking about you all say on Saturday and how proud we were of you! Just amazing, well done!

:clapping: !!!

Stephen, I'm so very proud of you. WELL DONE!!!!! :clapping:Michael would be proud of you too. :yes: Sending healing love and light your way for your sore muscles...:wub::angel:

Thank you for your hard work.

Back