The Estate "has numerous projects in development."

Since they're no official concert releases that include his brothers I doubt they are willing to sign off on anything with the estate.

There's a lot of stuff we don't have. It isn't necessarily a sign that someone is blocking it. The Estate may feel a Triumph Tour concert is too niche to be a project they're interested in at this point. It's been stated here many times that Bad 25 was aimed at fans and considered a financial failure.

Sorry to quote an old post but I was thinking about this the other day. How did the Estate get around using the Triumph tour footage on the Off the Wall documentary? The nature of it being a clip only doesn't negate the need for permission from the brothers does it (assuming it is needed at all)?

As I stated at the beginning of my post, I'm going off an assumption. It's one that I've heard time and time again and it generally makes sense.

Sometimes the copyright of such material can be owned by the label, sometimes (and you'll often find this with more experienced musicians) it's owned by the members of the group. The agreement is probably more technical and complicated than we make it out to be and all we can do is guess for the time being.

Additionally, I can imagine the brothers being stubborn on some things, but more lenient on others depending on how they're treated by the Estate. Assuming the Estate pays them to use said Jacksons footage, they might be happy with the amount paid for these small clips, but not the amount that's being offered for a full blown concert release. Perhaps the Estate gave them more creative control with footage used in the documentary, who knows.

From what I remember, the brothers weren't shown or heard on camera. I'm pretty sure that's a clever loophole around having to ask them for permission.

Well that doesn't make sense, who was playing the instruments we're hearing? :p

It really comes down to the copyright owner of the material, regardless of who's actually in it. That's why any old documentary maker can buy a license for paparazzi footage of Michael at some public event and legally use it without getting on their knees to the MJ Estate.

There's a lot of stuff we don't have. It isn't necessarily a sign that someone is blocking it. The Estate may feel a Triumph Tour concert is too niche to be a project they're interested in at this point. It's been stated here many times that Bad 25 was aimed at fans and considered a financial failure.

Maybe it wouldn't be a big financial success but in my opinon thats not the main reason a jacksons concert has never been released. If the brothers don't sign off on it there's nothing the estate can do. Had there been no issues between them I'm sure we might've seen at least one Jackson's concert released. I guarantee the Victory tour show Mj filmed would've been more successful.

Who in the hell has said and keeps insisting that "Bad 25" was a failure?! Outside of those who were jealous and couldn't afford it?!

Who in the hell has said and keeps insisting that "Bad 25" was a failure?! Outside of those who were jealous and couldn't afford it?!

Any chance you could tone down the anger in your posts? It's pretty unnecessary, you'd get the same answers if you just asked the question without the attacks and in a friendly manner.

Personally, I would love to have HIStory Milan in a good quality (those BOTD moves are just beyond awesome :bugeyed :bow:), YANA Making Of^^ :p , Ghosts on BluRay and some HIStory Tour Behind the Scenes. Oh and a new album, of course.
Pretty modest wishes, I think. :angel::D

But I'm glad the estate has something in store for us. Generally I think the estate does a pretty good job, but the communication with the fans could be way better. So I'm glad of any information we get regarding new projects. Can't wait! :)

Last edited:
They need to move to a different company first. One that did not undermine and help to destroy their client and so called "friend" if that ever is what he was to them. Do you all not care? Maybe illiteracy is the issue here?

AlexRox only seems to post when someone badmouths Bad25. Hmm.

They need to move to a different company first. One that did not undermine and help to destroy their client and so called "friend" if that ever is what he was to them. Do you all not care? Maybe illiteracy is the issue here?

Sony gives Michael more attention than any other record label would, if you ask me.

I've never witnessed a posthumous album receive as much attention as Michael and XSCAPE did, nor an album reissue that was given the promotional backing that Bad25 got.

I'd attribute flagging sales mostly to MJ fatigue.

Michael was in the entertainment industry for over 4 decades, of course there is a lot of stuff out there through a long career that has not been released. We're going to have to hold our horses a bit and take things as they come. I get it, I get anxious to get more footage, hear new things etc.. But at the same time we've gotten a lot since 2009 (I don't need to list the various released stuff).. As this thread is titled, there are a lot more things in the works, and once that is over time to time we will continue to get things..

We can't have everything NOW! They still have to run a business, there job is to always have it grow - not have a large spike and drop off. releases need to be plotted accordingly with a lot of thought.

It's not like the world that other 'legends' passed in where they can simply release live albums one after another and it keep selling.. having growth in the music industry financially has shifted to push artists to physically do more simply because people don't buy music just to buy as much as before.. Michael is not here to do that! so they need to think around that.

They are not just thinking of making us super fans happy, they are sustaining and trying to grow a business.

I've been following Prince's work and they just today release his Purple Rain tour on DVD. Well his fans have similar wants, wishes and concerns about his unreleased concerts.

Well I came across something that was very interesting.

Prince hired film director to capture on 35mm film one of his early 1980 tours.

The tour was captured on film but Prince decided not to do anything with the footage and never paid the director or the footage for the project.

Well the director said he technically owns the footage and has had the film reels of this tour in storage for more than 30 years. He said about five years ago Prince called him personally and asked for the footage and Prince agreed to pay for the footage and he did... the tour still hasn't been released.

However this brought up something very interesting regarding Michael's tours specifically the Bad tour. What if the estate is in a similar situation. They know who filmed the tour and who has the footage but the owner/director is seeking and astronomical amount of money to relinquish the tour footage to the estate. That would seem highly likely being that so many people have stated that the tour was capture on film, but we've always thought it was done with an in-house crew (which some was) but maybe the one that was sent to telecine house was actually done by an outside production team who are the sole owners of the footage until such time that the estate pays for the footage.

Thoughts?

And the trouble maker is back...... let me be clear as you have completely ignored Stacey, cut out the insults. You can convey yourself and properly discuss topics without them!!

Things have been incredibly smooth with my inbox being empty here the last six months and I expect that to continue.

Again as previously which you was caught up in, I still have a zero tolerance policy for trolls here - so if you want to continue be nice and step off people.

Now back to the discussion peeps - cheers for listening.

I'd love Moonwalker sega game for iOS. The way he forward moonwalks in that game and the 8-bit MJ tunes are amazing!

^ I always liked the arcade version better.. maybe because that is what I was introduced to first.

However this brought up something very interesting regarding Michael's tours specifically the Bad tour. What if the estate is in a similar situation. They know who filmed the tour and who has the footage but the owner/director is seeking and astronomical amount of money to relinquish the tour footage to the estate. That would seem highly likely being that so many people have stated that the tour was capture on film, but we've always thought it was done with an in-house crew (which some was) but maybe the one that was sent to telecine house was actually done by an outside production team who are the sole owners of the footage until such time that the estate pays for the footage.

Thoughts?

I'm pretty sure Estate owns all of it. Some of the footage was used in Another Part of Me music video, Moonwalker and Bad 25. Patrick Kelly was the director of APOM video and he was on the tour shooting the footage. He was also on Victory Tour if I remember right. I remember someone saying that but I could be wrong.

Back