The Fanfic Cliches thread.

I am cackling at this thread, this is all so good and hilarious haha!

My pet peeve is when writers use Ghosts' setting just to have an excuse to be "not like other girls" and have sex with Maestro. Ghosts has such a cool message, story, cast, and atmosphere and it makes me so disappointed that people don't take advantage of that to write a cool story.

Another pet peeve is when people re-write the the short film to include themselves. So it's essentially the screenplay of the film with them stealing lines or interjecting original content, but not actually changing the story.

This isn't really a trope, but I do wish that more people wrote in the settings of the music videos. Having realistic fiction about Michael is all cool, but I do wish that the worlds and stories that he built could be featured more in stories.
There is an amaaazing story on mjfiction about maestro I think u would LOVE

Does anyone recommend any writing books to write their fiction here?
Quite fond of the thesaurus myself.

I was reading an MJ fanfic, and for what seems like the thousandth time (or more) Michael met a girl, fell in love with her instantly, and had sex with her all in the same day.

Now, I love a good MJ smut/PWP fanfic, but the amount of stories where MJ falls in love with and f***s a girl (sometimes repeatedly) in the same day is too damn high!

So I made this thread to discuss all of the annoying fanfic cliches out there.
I'll kick things off with a question.

Which cliche annoys you the most?
Omg... No no no. Michael was innocent. He was a gentleman

I read fanfiction, too. A little detail that seems to appear in every story is Michael´s "winking" and also his "smirking". In some stories he winks and smirks at someone (usually the "main" girl) in every third sentence. :lol:

Sometimes I´m tempted to count his winks per page / per story. lol
:ROFLMAO: i hate the smirking. my ones never smirked omg

Back