The first MJ forum you ever used?

mjnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
with paul :D

MJNO was the first one i used. I remember some of you guys.

mjno, mjjc, kop board, and mjeol 🥺
Is mjjc the only remaining active board now?

My first mj website was mjnewsonline i think my username was jessica m

First MJ-website I ever used was a Dutch website called MJBoard if I remember correctly, I was kinda late in finding out that there actually were websites focusing on the Internet. Using the Internet back in them days went on the landline so no one could call while using it and it did cost a lot of money, hence why I wasn't allowed to use it much, other than for studying. Maybe for short periods of time, but mostly I was only allowed to use the Internet as a part of my studies that would result in high marks. But as that little concept called Broadband became available to pretty much everyone, I spent a lot more time online and then started looking for MJ Online communities. Sadly that website kind of died for some reason, people became less and less active and all of a sudden it was gone and I haven't found a new one since then, up until now.

The first time I ever used an MJ forum was when I registered on the MJNI.com board, when I was 13 (over seven years ago). I mostly used that one, MJNO (MJ News Online), and there was a small one called isitscary.com, but all three shut down years ago, unfortunately. I have also kept the same username since the first time I registered.

What about others on here? Or is this the first MJ forum you have used?
Yep, MJNI back when the 2005 trial was going on. I was 15-16 and it was so hard following that trial every day and couldn’t talk to any of my friends about it!

Positively Michael aka PosMike 😢
Were you there ? haha
I was there too but didn't frequent..kinda loyal to @Gaz cause he let us in when we were a bit.. stuck up shreeks creak [made 'homeless'. ] What happened to pos m ?

Were you there ? haha
I was there too but didn't frequent..kinda loyal to @Gaz cause he let us in when we were a bit.. stuck up shreeks creak [made 'homeless'. ] What happened to pos m ?

yes, I was! :) Until the very end. It endend because the ones who originally had founded the forum and paid for he server had sort of abandoned the forum, and when the server subscription ended and would have to be renewed, noone knew / noticed. The whole forum whas sucked up into the abyss / graveyard of the internet, so to say. could never be retreived :-( (Disclaimer: This is what I remember, noone seemed to know exactly)

Why were you made homeless? Another forum that disappeared? :(

First one I think was kop. There were others, maybe something on Yahoo, mjjforum.

Kop didn't seem very welcoming, they didn't allow any sort of criticism (eg my review of Number Ones DVD kept getting deleted because I said the picture transfer wasn't very good on Billie Jean, and I complained that Black or White didn't have the original Dolby Surround mix).

I used a music site with an MJ sub forum called dotmusic, there were also other artists subforums and it was basically there that I got into contact with Dylan and Beatles fans and so broadened my musical scope. It was a really fun time, very stimulating, I miss it.

Hi all! This is the first MJ forum I was a user of, I joined here just after the announcement of This Is It when I was around 14 (I’m now 29!) I’ve not been very active for a number of years but I’m trying to get back into being present again around here ☺️

MJIFC, then KOP and MJJF and now MJJC. After MJJF ended didnt’ make an account again for years until I made one last year on MJJC

MJFC or MJJF. Don't remember exactly. Such a long time ago ... 20 years?

I wonder, on one of the forums in 2009, there was something called the "Disappearing Threads Thread". Does anyone else remember that? Just curious.

MJFC or MJJF. Don't remember exactly. Such a long time ago ... 20 years?

I wonder, on one of the forums in 2009, there was something called the "Disappearing Threads Thread". Does anyone else remember that? Just curious.
Yes ...and even a little before then. one wasn't MJJB was it?

Started with getting MJNI Hot Shot email news around 1998 and 1999, then MJIFC and MJNI messageboards.

I was also a regular in the chatroom on the official mj .com website

Then MJJFORUM and KOPBOARD

I was on as many messageboards and chatrooms I could find, Yahoo Groups, MSN Messenger as well as all the places other people in this thread have named.

Back