The Grammys

So who were the people that were on the tv screens after whitney's tribute?? I'm confused.

It was the other people who passed away in the music industry. They showed Frank Dileo too. It was like the memorial part of the show.

I saw a bit of nicki minajs preformance and all got to say is..WTF? 0_0
Also was it just me thinking this but was katy perry trying to be like mj with her costume?! The costume she wore looked almost excatly the one mj wore for the history tour , well to me it did

Could someone answer this, was Don Cornelius totally overlooked during the Grammy's? I was switching back and forth so I may have missed it, but I'm hearing he was'nt mentioned? and I know the whole tribute for Whitney was short notice but they could've at least done a montage presentation then of her career achievements and then lead into Jennifer Hudson's performance.

And like you guys have said, these award shows without Michael are just of no interest to me anymore. The anticipation of Michael being at these award shows, whether confirmed or not, was always exciting.

He was mentioned but Whitney's immense star power overshadowed everything.

The only good thing about this year grammys was Taylor Swift... Her performance was amazing and she deservedly won two grammys for her fantastic and inspirational song 'Mean'. She should have also won the grammy for the Best Country Album... Also, she looked stunning, miles better than Adele and the rest..

Adele is a better singer than Swift, but I think Swift was best-dressed.

Yeah, and that's what I said too. With this competition she kind of deserved the Grammys, because otherwise who would? Lady Gaga? No. Katy Perry? No. Rihanna? No. I agree with you on that. It's just sad that the music industry has got to this point where being OK to good is praised as "OMG, this is the best thing since sliced bread" because the rest is so bad.

I kind of can understand Adele's commercial success and appeal. People are hungry for something real. Real emotions, real music, real people. So her album boomed in an environment where her competition are the likes of Gaga or Perry. I get that. It's just when I place her into a greater perspective I think she's not that special. But now she's one of the best the industry has to offer.

So we are both practically saying the same thing.

Swift is always well dressed and I think she is better than Adele in singing as well... Remember this is just my opinion, so don't start bashing me please.

I'm not going to bash you, it's an opinion on music taste, not something based on fact. Yes, she is always very well-dressed, and I think she has time to better her art and become something more than just a teen act later in life. She has emotional and real lyrics, which will mature along with her, so I think she has the potential to last a long time.

She came to sing at a university local to me back in 2007, before she was as famous as she is now, fun fact. I'm fond of her, actually. She carries herself with more poise and grace than musicians significantly older than her, and I think that's what I like about her (that's what I like about Adele too).

-cough- andshesmyinspirationwheneverIneedtodrawprettyyoungblondes -cough-

I'm not going to bash you, it's an opinion on music taste, not something based on fact. Yes, she is always very well-dressed, and I think she has time to better her art and become something more than just a teen act later in life. She has emotional and real lyrics, which will mature along with her, so I think she has the potential to last a long time.

She came to sing at a university local to me back in 2007, before she was as famous as she is now, fun fact. I'm fond of her, actually. She carries herself with more poise and grace than musicians significantly older than her, and I think that's what I like about her (that's what I like about Adele too).

-cough- andshesmyinspirationwheneverIneedtodrawprettyyoungblondes -cough-

I second this.. :)

adele was great, taylor is soooo boring and she cant sing imo, the same goes for rihanna except she's skanky, nicki was an absolute mess, chris was great imo, jennifer did her best at such short notice but no one will ever be able to sing like whitney

the show was ok but im not as into these shows as i used to be

adele was great, taylor is soooo boring and she cant sing imo, the same goes for rihanna except she's skanky, nicki was an absolute mess, chris was great imo, jennifer did her best at such short notice but no one will ever be able to sing like whitney

the show was ok but im not as into these shows as i used to be.

Swift sings country, so it is going to sound that way. She doesn't have the best voice I've ever heard, but she definitely can sing. If she couldn't sing, she wouldn't have been invited to sing at the aforementioned university, which does not just open its doors to whomever to come and perform. And that was before she was super-famous.

She's still young and has time to improve. Compared to Perry, Rihanna, Minaj, and Gaga, Swift is a frickin' genius. At least her lyrics are relevant [and actually lyrics, not incoherent ramblings a baked 14 year old could have come up with].

the show was ok but im not as into these shows as i used to be

Well, Swift and Rihanna are better than Adele imo... Adele's 15 minutes of fame will soon come to an end.

Well, Swift and Rihanna are better than Adele imo... Adele's 15 minutes of fame will soon come to an end.

:doh::doh::doh:

:nono::nono::nono:

It'll be Swift and Rihanna having only 15 minutes of fame..........

At least Adele has a proper singing voice who makes her own music......and she didn't get famous for looking like a Barbie doll or taking all her clothes off.

Adele is probably the only young artist featured on the news for her actual achievements........and not scandals.....i.e. naked pictures, getting interrupted by Kanye West (nobody even remembers what award swift actually won on that occasion)!!!

And I'm not even a fan of Adele.

It'll be Swift and Rihanna having only 15 minutes of fame..........

At least Adele has a proper singing voice who makes her own music......and she didn't get famous for looking like a Barbie doll or taking all her clothes off.

Adele is probably the only young artist featured on the news for her actual achievements........and not scandals.....i.e. naked pictures, getting interrupted by Kanye West (nobody even remembers what award swift actually won on that occasion)!!!

And I'm not even a fan of Adele.

Well that's your opinion... She is fat and highly overrated imo...

A person shouldn't be judged by her/his looks.........

The tabloids constantly insulted Michael for his looks........we shouldn't be the same!!!!!

But still she is boring and Michael was just one of a kind...

Why would you bring up weight? We as MJ fans should know from MJ being harassed by the media about his appearance that its unnecessary to bring ones appearance into it, I'm sure you're not perfect.
The fact that Adele can stand on a stage, fully clothed and just sing with no gimmicks involved makes her more talented that Rihanna because she simply couldn't she struggles with a backing track and prances around on stage in her underwear. I do think Swift has some talent compared to the garbage we have today, but I don't think she's as talented as Adele and I think she too is overrated.

Why would you bring up weight? We as MJ fans should know from MJ being harassed by the media about his appearance that its unnecessary to bring ones appearance into it, I'm sure you're not perfect.The fact that Adele can stand on a stage, fully clothed and just sing with no gimmicks involved makes her more talented that Rihanna because she simply couldn't she struggles with a backing track and prances around on stage in her underwear. I do think Swift has some talent compared to the garbage we have today, but I don't think she's as talented as Adele and I think she too is overrated.
I think it's the other way around. Adele is highly overrated and Swift is underrated... Swift is also better than Adele imo.

That's your opinion. Adele has the better range and her song writing ability is better, her lyrics also read better. Her success is more than deserved compared to anyone else in the charts, plus she's an actual role model for the young generation unlike the likes of Rihanna, Gaga or the rest of them.

That's your opinion. Adele has the better range and her song writing ability is better, her lyrics also read better. Her success is more than deserved compared to anyone else in the charts, plus she's an actual role model for the young generation unlike the likes of Rihanna, Gaga or the rest of them.
Well, that's your opinion mate.

Back