Should We Allow All Pictures Of MJ3

• Yes

Votes: 47 34.1%
  • No

Votes: 60 43.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 31 22.5%

• Total voters
"Do you feel you should be able to see them here rather than visit a tabloid website which has crappy articles written about them."
That's pretty much it... i voted Yes!

I voted no. simply because I don't want to be part of the reason they become damaged someday due to the excessive and obsessive media intrusion.
Hollywood is a very shallow place to live. I get the feeling that the media is paying the Jacksons some lousy cash in exchange of the flurry of pix we're seeing lately. they are deliberately staging these bizarre public outings for the press in exchange of money. That's just my hunch on the issue.

No we should respect Michael privacy and if community is unique website should say no
With the love

well if Mike were still alive the kids wouldn't have been exposed to the medias by Katherine already, I'd say no, but since they aren't nearly as sheltered as they were before, as their being put on television every couple months to promote some new Mann venture. I'd say pictures would be ok, but no discussions or dissecting of three children. Hell NO.

Also about Michael's wishes... yes he wanted privacy for them, but the kids privacy was invaded numerous times, his own mother is selling him thru his kids out. There is no such thing as ''staying loyal'' when it comes to pictures, as they've been put on television numerous of times already. Official pics should be allowed. Discussions shouldn't be allowed though.

Blanket isn´t a teenager.He´s only a 9 years old shy boy with no father or mother to protect him.

I voted unsure.

I don't want paparazzi pictures of them, still I would want to see how they are growing up.

All I want is to see them and read about them once in a while and to know they are doing fine, they have a great life.

I voted no. And that is because it's what my emotions say. Ofcourse I'd like to see pictures where they are happying and going about with the most normal live they can have. When they are on public things or when pictures have been taking with them doing charity work, then for me, it's ok to post.

I hate paparazzi and if there is one place an example can be set to them, it's an MJ forum. The kids are to young. Blanket is only 9. And at 13 and 14 they are still kids, smart kids though. They will be followed by the papz for the rest of their lives. It's not something we should encourage.

Allthough I think it is important that the MJ fan community shows support to the kids. They should know how much their father is loved all over the world. And how many fans are putting together charities, help out and how Michael changed a lof of us.

i have to say the latest pap pics of the kids have unnerved me greatly interms of their protection and the intrusion they face and the fact there seems to be no one around to protect them anymore
Agreed, and Prince really seemed annoyed by the paps presence in these latest pictures.

I voted unsure, as much as I like seeing pictures of the kids I'm worried about the long term effects.

Well, I clicked on this thread and started reading and was still unsure and then "Privacy" started playing out of my speakers, so I'm going to take that as a sign... LoL... and vote for no.

I voted unsure. I still do not know if "yes"or "no".

This is a very delicate question. I'm sure everything would be much different if Michael was here. :( *big sigh* PPB would not be so exposed and with thousands of fans on the internet (which for me is scary - pictures and videos private all over the internet and forums about them. o___O) as they are now. :bugeyed

But... for now, only official pictures. :fear:

I voted yes. Michael never tried to hide his kids from the fans, he wanted to protect them from the haters. I'd rather see the pictures posted and discussed here than on tabloids websites.

Anyway, whether we like it or not, the paps will keep taking pictures of them. Not posting the pictures here will not stop them in any way. Especially if those who want to see the pictures have to go on tabloids websites to see them (THAT is good for the paps).

The pictures are everywhere and people will see them anyway (let's face it) whether it's on other forums, sites, social networks etc. I think it's rather pointless to ban them here.

I voted Yes.

There was going to be a time where Michael would have stopped them wearing there masks. Well to be honest it was Debbie's idea in the first place, and she obviously doesn't care, because if she did, she would have them wear there masks.

If the kids were going to respect there dads wishes they would have wore them, but they are coming to an age and we have to respect how the feel now, because there dad is not there for them now.

Plus all MJ forums far as I know off except this one, is not allowing them. So wouldn't it be best to go with the flow?

I know I keep posting here as an advocate for "no" votes, but let me just add this one thing .... As recently as yesterday, a leaked picture of Paris was on a PPB site that showed her just casually posing, doing her normal peace sign, only ...... her index finger had been photo-shopped out of the picture causing it to appear as if she was offering a very ugly sign to the camera. A closer examination, of course, revealed the photo-shopping, but this is just one example of what is to come, and perhaps a lot worse, as these kids grow older and their pics continue to be spread all over the internet. Michael was smart by keeping these kids guarded, even for just this one reason. I totally agree that this fan community should set an example and not feed into this pic frenzy.

"Should we be free to discuss them and watch them grow?" Well what will happen the first time one of them does something some of us disagree with? Or if they don't exhibit the brilliance of their marvelous father? Will we be disappointed? Will things be said that shouldn't be? If we allow paparazzi photos and discussions of the children as they mature how are we any better than the medialoids we dispise? We are no better because we will be encouraging them. It feels said:
I am no fan of Madonna, and I even think her eulogy at the MTV Awards was very self-serving, more than about Michael, BUT, she did say one thing that has stuck with me (forgive me that I cannot remember specifically) but essentially she said that she was able to grow-up and make her mistakes and go through her normal developmental stages OUTSIDE of the spotlight, but Michael never could. And what she says is true ...... how difficult was it for Michael to always have to be on guard to be the perfect child because if he messed up, with anything, the whole world would know it. What tremendous pressure so much further beyond the norm for adolescents and teens trying to come into their own.

I know I keep posting here as an advocate for "no" votes, but let me just add this one thing .... As recently as yesterday, a leaked picture of Paris was on a PPB site that showed her just casually posing, doing her normal peace sign, only ...... her index finger had been photo-shopped out of the picture causing it to appear as if she was offering a very ugly sign to the camera. A closer examination, of course, revealed the photo-shopping, but this is just one example of what is to come, and perhaps a lot worse, as these kids grow older and their pics continue to be spread all over the internet. Michael was smart by keeping these kids guarded, even for just this one reason. I totally agree that this fan community should set an example and not feed into this pic frenzy.

And so it starts...:(

"Do you feel you should be able to see them here rather than visit a tabloid website which has crappy articles written about them."
So does this mean someone would take the pictures from the crappy tabloid sites and post them here? :scratch:

I wonder if the children ever visit this board? Maybe it would be nice to have a place where they know they won't find their lives as discussion fodder...

Some are saying that well, people will just go to the tabloid sites anyway and would Michael want that? May as well ask, would Michael want them gossiped about on this board? Does that make it better? And just because other boards may be doing it doesn't seem like adequate reason for this place to jump on the bandwagon. Just my humble :2cents:

Unsure. What if we wait until they have a reasonable age?
Well, I clicked on this thread and started reading and was still unsure and then "Privacy" started playing out of my speakers, so I'm going to take that as a sign... LoL... and vote for no.
:)
Are photos of Bono and The Edges children in U2 Fan sites???
I know a few Radiohead's sites and they have a rule of never posting pictures of their children or wives. I think it makes sense, especially if the pics come from paparazzis.

How sad. This really is just the beginning of what they're going to have to put up with.

No. Absolutely not. We must continue to respect Michael's wishes. We are pretty much his last hope on this. The more people follow this example, the better.

When they are at the age of reason, 18 years old, they will decide for themselves what they want to do with their lives. If they decide to obtain a "celebrity status" or go into the business, then I think it will be appropriate to have discussions about them. But no, not now at this time. They are still kids. And if they don't decide to have celebrity statuses, then we should continue to respect their privacy as we do now.

Hmm, I voted unsure, though I now wish I voted no. At one point I felt, well, they are growing up, it'd be nice to see them develop into young adults and so forth. But then I remembered this is a Michael Jackson fan community, the least we can do is respect his wishes of privacy for his children. It's bad enough he was exploited by the media, I now see the same thing happening to the children through sites like TMZ and the like. I think we, as avid lovers of Michael, shouldn't condone such a thing on this forum.

this ,that is why i voted no.i think Michael was genius ,his way of giving them normal life worked for them.but now jackson family think this is best for kids so the leaking of private pics ,paparazzi on their face every day.only Michael understood magnitude and madness behind the name Michael Jackson ,though that family is in music bizz ,frankly they are not that famous,so they don't understand craziness that followed Michael or should i say they loved that spotlight ,still normal people don't follow whole family ,that don't know about their children or grandchildren.they don't understand magnitude of situation right now that is why they are busy selling them.

I voted unsure. I think paps will always be after the kids' photos and as sad as it is, it will always be their life. And the photos will be there. And I agree that when they are somewhere outside the house, they are in public so there's nothing anyone can do about it. I dont go looking for their pics on tabloid sites, but other MJ fansites I visit post their pics and I look at them there. I like watching them grow and smile and enjoy life..

What I don't like is very private photos of Paris in her room or Prince web-chatting with someone. I think that's the ultimate invasion of privacy and those photos should not be allowed.

Uh...O_O WOW..Really?! Okay...? o_O *Sigh* I voted UNSURE! Because if this get's allowed here I know that MJJC will make sure no one gets out of line with their comments like others sites have!

I think pap pictures shouldn't be allowed but pictures of them at events and stuff should be. Because they go to the event knowing that their pictures are going to be taken.

The kids seem happy enough being out in public. In a lot of pictures you see them smiling at the cameras and giving the peace sign (especially Paris), so I really don't think it bothers them at all.

The thing is, we never gave it a second thought viewing paparazzi pics of Michael while he was alive, even though it wasn't necessarily what Michael would have wanted. This included pictures of him with his children wearing the masks. If it was okay to post those pictures back then, then why not the pictures of them now??

I can tell you that the paparazzi following them bothers them a lot, specially Prince, they don't like it at all. Blanket tries to hide every time..

no. no because there will be no end to the fights that go on on this board and i can handle fighting about almost anything EXCEPT these three kids. we can argue about anything but i dont want hate to touch these kids even if its only amongst ourselves. these kids are all that is physically left of michael and i just don't even want to go there.
i'm not gonna pretend that i don't look at the shots of them because i do. i love them because i love michael. i love watching them grow, i love trying to see what similarities they have to mike and i love to see them happy and beautiful.
having said that, i hate that i'm contributing to the demand for these photos. maybe discussing it here would be better but we're the ones who will watch them till they're adults and if the paparazzi see us dissecting their pics, they'll take more. if we pretend we dont care and soon enough hopefully the rest of the world will stop watching, we can minimise the pap stalking...
i think to a certain degree they will always be watched but i think discussing it here will only add to the demand

OMG i just googled michael jackson and a hundred articles about the kids came up!!! all talking about paris being a blue-eyed beauty!!! ok this is not just a one thing now.arghhhhhhhhh. LEAVE THEM ALONEEEEEEEEEEEEE. AND SOME OF THE PICS ARE RIGHT UP IN THEIR FACES TOO..:(

Back