The Jackson’s Live! Album Dates

Sawyer Grubb

Proud Member
I have been trying to figure out when all these songs took place. Does anyone know the exact dates?

Can You Feel It - ?

Things I Do For You - Buffalo, NY August 2nd, 1981

Off The Wall - ?

Ben - ?

This Place Hotel - ?

She’s Out Of My Life - ?

Movie and Rap - ?

Medley - ?

I’ll Be There - ?

Rock With You - New York August 18th, 1981 Madison Square Garden

Lovely One - ?

Workin’ Day And Night - New York August 18th, 1981

Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough - ?

Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground) - Providence August 16th, 1981

Wikipedia lists the dates as:

July 8, 1981 at Mid-South Coliseum
July 22, 1981 at Omni Coliseum (Atlanta)
August 13, 1981 at Civic Arena (Pittsburgh)
August 16, 1981 at Providence Civic Center (Providence)
August 18, 1981 at Madison Square Garden (New York City)

But it doesn't label each song...

From an interview with Bill Schnee, engineer of the album:

"The manager and I decided it would be best to record a series of shows in the middle of the tour when everyone was at the top of their game. I picked a group of shows in the northeast because the cities were close enough so the recording truck could pack up after a show and make it to the next city in time to set up.
I don't know how many dates there were, but I do know the list on Wikipedia is wrong, because there was a show in Nashville; I believe the day after the NYC dates. I went to the show with my friends in Nashville. When we started listening to the different concerts, MJ asked me to turn his vocal off. I told him he should listen to them because most of them were great. But he said no; that they had to be perfect. I dropped out of the project for the overdubs for personal reasons, and jumped back in for the mix."

and:

Were some parts re-recorded in the studio (vocals, overdubs)?
"They did do some fixes in post production. I believe some guitars, all of the background vocals, and some of Michael's vocals were re-done."

More here.

Last edited:
The majority of MJs vocals were either recorded in the studio or dubbed from other shows - but its clear as day that a lot of it is not live. You can hear the original vocals bleed through in most songs. WDAN is probably the worst example. It's a shame because we all know that his vocals at the LA show are incredible.

But a lot of live albums are touched up.

The majority of MJs vocals were either recorded in the studio or dubbed from other shows - but its clear as day that a lot of it is not live. You can hear the original vocals bleed through in most songs. WDAN is probably the worst example. It's a shame because we all know that his vocals at the LA show are incredible.

But a lot of live albums are touched up.
I wish they would release a box set of all the show they recorded, or at least the album undubbed.

Elvis - On Stage was dubbed but then they later released an undubbed mix plus all of the others that were recorded.

I also saw on YouTube a video dealing with the vocal bleed that enhanced it. Does anyone have a link to it?

I wish they would release a box set of all the show they recorded, or at least the album undubbed.

Elvis - On Stage was dubbed but then they later released an undubbed mix plus all of the others that were recorded.

I also saw on YouTube a video dealing with the vocal bleed that enhanced it. Does anyone have a link to it?
I think an untouched version of this would be incredible. The dubs done in the studio completely lose the energy of his love shows.

The middle dates which explains the regrettable absence of walk right now

Back