The Jacksons' relationship with Michael

Re: Lifetime to air Jackson family reality series (3T)

They had that before any reality show dealings. That isn't the fault of the media (which includes tabloids), either. That falls squarely on the shoulders of some fans that make them a hot commodity. Start looking at that fan in the mirror that scours the internet, etc. for pics of Mike's kids, that seek autographs from them, want to transfer their love for Mike onto them.

It's simply supply and demand. TMZ and the like wouldn't waste their time following Mike's kids if there wasn't any interest in them.

Who allowed and created that demand? By Dec 2009 PPB were on Barbara Waters' '10 Most Fascinating People' list.

The bolded part is just it.
I don't think that the fans that speaks against PPB being used for ratings need to look "fan in the mirror" as they are against for exploitation of PPB.
Those fans who defends certain Jac members for using PPB for rating are the ones who should look fan in the mirror. Are they fans of Michael's or has that fandom transferred to PPB, and they would love to see PPB in all sort of half baked reality shows etc?

Last edited:
Bubs;4105437 said:
How do you know that?
I can only speak for myself, but everything I say here I can say to their faces too.
What comes to Michael, I wouldn't need to say anything to him. Many things that Jackson's have pulled wouldn't have happened if Michael was alive.

There are many threads that have no bashing towards Jacksons. Maybe you are drawn to certain threads to have good ol' argument:)

Prior Michael's death, Jacksons stayed put didn't pull too many stupid things out of their hats, thus not so much bashing of them, but as he died and Jacksons started cashing in, and that angered fans and to be honest, rightly so.

Whoa! Guilt trip warning:)
You basically lay forum slowing down on fans who dares to speak against Jackson's actions?

I would say there are more reasons than that, but the main reason is that Michael is dead so not much going on, and people going on twitter.

You know what, I too get pm's and thank you's for speaking up against Jac family members when they do something stupid, so you are saying what?

@Scared ofTheMoon
I wish you could consider staying as your posts are appreciated, and not only this thread.
Unfortunately it is very common that Jac family fans eventually draw racist card when they cannot say anything else, but you just should raise above.
You only stated your opinion , and it is not your fault that someone feels desperate enough to stoop that low.

Your first comment: May I ask you do you read my post or justrespond to argue? You state “How do I know, I can only speak for myself.”… Howdo I know what? How do I know my ownopinion when I speak about MY opinion. Which I purposely in that post caplocked “MY opinion” so someone would not say I am speaking for others.. Yet youstill did!! Lol

Your Second comment: About many threadsnot bashing the Jacksons…. Could youfind me a couple threads about the Jackson family that don’t have negativeconnotations about the Jacksons in some way? I’d love to see them!

Your third comment: saying thiswhole “guilt trip” thing… again, an obvious example of you not reading mycomment and again me cap locking “not the ONLY reason” to emphasis that thereare multiple reasons that the forum has slowed down.. And yes Jackson bashingis ONE of them. (notice cap lock again) There are several reasons people stopcoming!

to ME it is clear (my opinion) that you are jumping in on a bandwagon of attacking my every word.. Next time if you’re going to do that readmy words at least.

You guys... think about it, If Michael felt that his kids would be in danger and/or exploited, then he would not have left his mother or nephew as their guardian. It's not the family putting the kids out in the media trying to make money off of them, it's the media trying to make the kids famous and the fans too...following everything about them, taking pictures. Mind you, prince is an adult now and Paris will be too. Don't blame the family for what's going on. And honestly, you know nothing about what goes on behind the scenes so stop making assumptions and going off of what you feel.

hey, I get what you're saying but many Jacksons have done stuff we can't defend.. but there is a lot of stuff outside that "stuff" that people keep attacking..

hey, I get what you're saying but many Jacksons have done stuff we can't defend.. but there is a lot of stuff outside that "stuff" that people keep attacking..

I agree, there have been stuff done and said that can't be defended, but for people to say they hate or they wish a Jackson family member would die (and I've seen/heard people say that) is uncalled for. A lot if it is uncalled for. I don't think he would be happy with some of the things said. But everyone is entitled to their on opinion, in which I respect.

With all due respect apple head, you have to be naive or not being aware of what's going on to think the Jackson's haven't made money off the children, everything we've mentioned how they used them in the past is fact. If you read Michael's will, you'd know the only Jackson he appointed as his children's guardian was his mother, Diana Ross was a second choice in case Katherine Jackson couldn't fulfill that duty. He hadn't much of a choice to leave to other people taking care of the kids.

With all due respect apple head, you have to be naive or not being aware of what's going on to think the Jackson's haven't made money off the children, everything we've mentioned how they used them in the past is fact. If you read Michael's will, you'd know the only Jackson he appointed as his children's guardian was his mother, Diana Ross was a second choice in case Katherine Jackson couldn't fulfill that duty. He hadn't much of a choice to leave to other people taking care of the kids.

Well, maybe I am. You mind sharing those facts?

My point is, Michael was about peace and love and I have not seen that amongst the MJ community. Everyone is arguing back and forth about this situation (not here in particular) I see this is a never ending conversation and again I respect everyone's opinion but bashing and haveing complete hate for his family is not the way to go....that's his family, something we can not change.

Who allowed and created that demand? By Dec 2009 PPB were on Barbara Waters' '10 Most Fascinating People' list.

The bolded part is just it.
I don't think that the fans that speaks against PPB being used for ratings need to look "fan in the mirror" as they are against for exploitation of PPB.
Those fans who defends certain Jac members for using PPB for rating are the ones who should look fan in the mirror. Are they fans of Michael's or has that fandom transferred to PPB, and they would love to see PPB in all sort of half baked reality shows etc?

I put in plain terms who is behind the demand. Some of Mike's FANS did! The constant interest in those children's lives is what creates the click bait, puts a price tag on them for paparazzi to chase, etc. There are millions of kids all over this planet that are TRULY being exploited; where is your concern for them or does it only matter if it's Michael Jackson's children? The media only goes after what people have expressed an interest in, via polls, focus groups, clicks garnered via subject, etc. etc. If there isn't any money being made for the sponsors of these shows, magazines, adverts, then they are not going to waste time on it. There are a lot of children of celebrities out there and all of them aren't getting offers for "reality" shows, Barbara Walters interviews, what-have-you because there isn't an interest in them. This is Market Research 101, ffs!

It's not my problem if some of you can't accept the truth that it is fan curiosity or whatever that has created the demand. Btw, blaming the media (or Mike's family) is getting old, FAST.

Last edited:
KOPV;4105481 said:
Your first comment: May I ask you do you read my post or justrespond to argue? You state “How do I know, I can only speak for myself.”… Howdo I know what? How do I know my ownopinion when I speak about MY opinion. Which I purposely in that post caplocked “MY opinion” so someone would not say I am speaking for others.. Yet youstill did!! Lol

Your Second comment: About many threadsnot bashing the Jacksons…. Could youfind me a couple threads about the Jackson family that don’t have negativeconnotations about the Jacksons in some way? I’d love to see them!

Your third comment: saying thiswhole “guilt trip” thing… again, an obvious example of you not reading mycomment and again me cap locking “not the ONLY reason” to emphasis that thereare multiple reasons that the forum has slowed down.. And yes Jackson bashingis ONE of them. (notice cap lock again) There are several reasons people stopcoming!

to ME it is clear (my opinion) that you are jumping in on a bandwagon of attacking my every word.. Next time if you’re going to do that readmy words at least.

I did read you words but perhaps you forgot what you wrote previously?
You wrote:
"I myself share my feelings about negative things specific Jacksons do, even sometimes poke fun... But in MY opinion some take it way too far.. Half of what is said here those same people could not say that to the face of that individual... Or to Michael! ."

My question was how do you draw conclusion that people cannot express their opinion of Jackson's straight to their face, and I said I would.
I believe many others would too if given opportunity:)

I cannot believe that you ask me to do your own work:D
Anyways, here you go:
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...on-was-in-the-next-car-(Cute-lil-story)/page4
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/53774-the-Jacksons-sports-classic

If you don't mind I only post these because it would take too much of my time to check all the post in case there is "bashing" towards any Jackson:)

About quilt tripping. You wrote:
"It's not ONLY because MJ passed that the volume of fans visiting the forum have slowed down since 2009."

It is like you wrote that basically there are 2 reasons why MJJC has slowed down: MJ died and Jackson's bashing.
I disagreed and thats that. We can keep arguing the reason why MJJC has slowed down until cows come home, but I think we should agree to disagree on that one.

Applehead7;4105532 said:
Well, maybe I am. You mind sharing those facts?

My point is, Michael was about peace and love and I have not seen that amongst the MJ community. Everyone is arguing back and forth about this situation (not here in particular) I see this is a never ending conversation and again I respect everyone's opinion but bashing and haveing complete hate for his family is not the way to go....that's his family, something we can not change.

KJ was granny-napped so she couldn't handle her duties as PPB's only guardian - TJ went to court and got temporary full guardianship - after KJ was released from her adult cubs who granny-napped her, she went to court to ask guardianship back to her - eventually guardianship was split between TJ and KJ.

With all due respect, you seems to mixing hate and genuine statements. Most of the time when people talk about Jackson's, those are statements, not hate.
You may not like what you read, but it is what it is.

I did read you words but perhaps you forgot what you wrote previously?
You wrote:
"I myself share my feelings about negative things specific Jacksons do, even sometimes poke fun... But in MY opinion some take it way too far.. Half of what is said here those same people could not say that to the face of that individual... Or to Michael! ."

My question was how do you draw conclusion that people cannot express their opinion of Jackson's straight to their face, and I said I would.
I believe many others would too if given opportunity:)

I cannot believe that you ask me to do your own work:D
Anyways, here you go:
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...on-was-in-the-next-car-(Cute-lil-story)/page4
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/53774-the-Jacksons-sports-classic

If you don't mind I only post these because it would take too much of my time to check all the post in case there is "bashing" towards any Jackson:)

About quilt tripping. You wrote:
"It's not ONLY because MJ passed that the volume of fans visiting the forum have slowed down since 2009."

It is like you wrote that basically there are 2 reasons why MJJC has slowed down: MJ died and Jackson's bashing.
I disagreed and thats that. We can keep arguing the reason why MJJC has slowed down until cows come home, but I think we should agree to disagree on that one.

KJ was granny-napped so she couldn't handle her duties as PPB's only guardian - TJ went to court and got temporary full guardianship - after KJ was released from her adult cubs who granny-napped her, she went to court to ask guardianship back to her - eventually guardianship was split between TJ and KJ.

With all due respect, you seems to mixing hate and genuine statements. Most of the time when people talk about Jackson's, those are statements, not hate.
You may not like what you read, but it is what it is.

No, no mix up...I know the difference between statements and hateful comments. And you are absolutely right, it is what it is... I just wanted to point a few things out, and my argument is mainly for hateful comments I've seen.

I put in plain terms who is behind the demand. Some of Mike's FANS did! The constant interest in those children's lives is what creates the click bait, puts a price tag on them for paparazzi to chase, etc. There are millions of kids all over this planet that are TRULY being exploited; where is your concern for them or does it only matter if it's Michael Jackson's children? The media only goes after what people have expressed an interest in, via polls, focus groups, clicks garnered via subject, etc. etc. If there isn't any money being made for the sponsors of these shows, magazines, adverts, then they are not going to waste time on it. There are a lot of children of celebrities out there and all of them aren't getting offers for "reality" shows, Barbara Walters interviews, what-have-you because there isn't an interest in them. This is Market Research 101, ffs!

It's not my problem if some of you can't accept the truth that it is fan curiosity or whatever that has created the demand. Btw, blaming the media (or Mike's family) is getting old, FAST.

You don't have a clue about my concern kids being exploited and I mean any kids, not just MJ's. There are some posts of mine on MJJC that I have expressed my disgust of parents that make living of pimping out of their kids, and conversation wasn't about Jackson's at the time.
Most of the kids in entertainment business are thrown in there because parents cannot make their own living and are trying to live through their kids. I'm seriously against that kind of carrying on, no matter who happens to be the parent. I do feel sadness for those kids because eventually they will suffer their childhood. There are many examples out there so there is no need for me to bring out the names.

Also I thought I have made clear what I think of fans following PPB like replacement to MJ, so I'm not going to go there.
As for your last paragraph, I don't think it is directed at me although you replied to my post:)
I put the blame squarely on Jackson's, media and fans.:cheeky:

I suppose we can start breath easy because even though PPB were in Gary but the event went without much of fuss and no media interest, so soon enough they can go on doing their own things.

No, no mix up...I know the difference between statements and hateful comments. And you are absolutely right, it is what it is... I just wanted to point a few things out, and my argument is mainly for hateful comments I've seen.

Of course sometimes people gets angry at repetitious actions from certain members of Jac family and post might be written in anger, but hate is too strong word imo.
I personally don't consider calling you or anyone else hater or writing hate posts towards me or anyone else just because they disagree with me.
Then again, when somebody here dares to call out any Jac member, we/they regularly get called hater :scratch:

For the sake is peace in these threads, I just cannot figure out why people are not using that block function that allows them not to see people's posts that they know if not going to be for their liking or considers those posters as "hateful" towards Jackson? I find that much more useful that leave MJJC altogether just because some people's posts?

Bubs.... we've been talking about how fans are after MJ passed and how there's virtually no Jacksons threads that don't bash the Jacksons and you prove me wrong by sharing archived threads made in 2008?? hahaha I'm sorry but that makes me laugh and just shows my point exactly... I do appreciate that you actually went out and looked for them. Must of been a pain going back to those archived threads to find them.

and no there are more than two reasons why the forum has slowed down.. alllll I said MJ passing is not the ONLY reaon!... I'm not the one jumping to conclusions here!

And you are really asking me why I'd believe that many fans would not say what they say about his family TO Michael? really?? I'm not even going to get heavily into this because simply I would think most people are smarter than to do that.... If you want to ask those people that had no remorse about Joseph having heart attack if they'd tell Michael that- or NOT say "Sorry about your dad Michael" you can.

If I knew all the thing they did to him when MJ was alive, I'd have called them out, no doubt about it but I was aware after June 2009. Even the man himself knew and expressed what many of his family members were. Listen to the Glenda, the Moonwalk tapes how he complains about them and call them lazy, it's not so different of what some of us say since his passing.

You don't have a clue about my concern kids being exploited and I mean any kids, not just MJ's. There are some posts of mine on MJJC that I have expressed my disgust of parents that make living of pimping out of their kids, and conversation wasn't about Jackson's at the time.
Most of the kids in entertainment business are thrown in there because parents cannot make their own living and are trying to live through their kids. I'm seriously against that kind of carrying on, no matter who happens to be the parent. I do feel sadness for those kids because eventually they will suffer their childhood. There are many examples out there so there is no need for me to bring out the names.

Also I thought I have made clear what I think of fans following PPB like replacement to MJ, so I'm not going to go there.
As for your last paragraph, I don't think it is directed at me although you replied to my post:)
I put the blame squarely on Jackson's, media and fans.:cheeky:

I suppose we can start breath easy because even though PPB were in Gary but the event went without much of fuss and no media interest, so soon enough they can go on doing their own things.

Of course sometimes people gets angry at repetitious actions from certain members of Jac family and post might be written in anger, but hate is too strong word imo.
I personally don't consider calling you or anyone else hater or writing hate posts towards me or anyone else just because they disagree with me.
Then again, when somebody here dares to call out any Jac member, we/they regularly get called hater :scratch:

For the sake is peace in these threads, I just cannot figure out why people are not using that block function that allows them not to see people's posts that they know if not going to be for their liking or considers those posters as "hateful" towards Jackson? I find that much more useful that leave MJJC altogether just because some people's posts?

I don't understand your last paragraph. Are you asking me a question or making a statement? My point in bringing this situation up is to engage in conversation, not to start any argument or get into it with anyone...so I agree, if someone doesn't like another person's post, then they should use that block function. As stated in a previous post, I said I've seen and heard hateful things in other places.

............. I think we took this too far with this convo, it started off being about the believe that the Jacksons pushed Prince to be in the show or if Prince wanted to be in it.. Some don't think he did, some think he didn't.. Me personally - considering that the Jacksons that the show circumferences the same Jackson Prince naturally hangs out with I think it's plausible that he wanted to partake in the show. Even if they asked him to! He's 18 (an adult) he can do that if he wants..

Bubs.... we've been talking about how fans are after MJ passed and how there's virtually no Jacksons threads that don't bash the Jacksons and you prove me wrong by sharing archived threads made in 2008?? hahaha I'm sorry but that makes me laugh and just shows my point exactly... I do appreciate that you actually went out and looked for them. Must of been a pain going back to those archived threads to find them.

and no there are more than two reasons why the forum has slowed down.. alllll I said MJ passing is not the ONLY reaon!... I'm not the one jumping to conclusions here!

And you are really asking me why I'd believe that many fans would not say what they say about his family TO Michael? really?? I'm not even going to get heavily into this because simply I would think most people are smarter than to do that.... If you want to ask those people that had no remorse about Joseph having heart attack if they'd tell Michael that- or NOT say "Sorry about your dad Michael" you can.

You should do a little bit more readin here on Jackson 2300 thread. Then you would have noticed that those 2 example threads were from page 1 and 2, not archived threads, capish?

Again, read your own posts.

I replied accordingly:
"everything I say here I can say to their faces too.
What comes to Michael, I wouldn't need to say anything to him. Many things that Jackson's have pulled wouldn't have happened if Michael was alive."

Do you understand what that last bit of the sentence means in the paragraph? If Michael was alive, the stunts some Jackson's have pulled would not have happened, thus people wouldn't be angry at them.

Do me a favour, let people talk and say their opinion, and you state your opinion, but stop patronising people. If it all becomes too much, use ignore feature and you would not see posts that might annoys you:D

After all this, I'm done with this nonsense. We'll get back to it when there is more to talk about:ciao:

@Applehead7
Sorry, my last paragraph wasn't really directed at you, but more like me thinking out loud and putting it out there for the people to think about it.
I'm personally as much annoyed at people always starting this nonsense that "MJ wouldn't want us to talk about his family bla bla blah....."
or "no you shouldn't talk bad about MJ family bla bla blah...." as people who are annoyed to us who talks badly of Jacksons (I include myself to that group that speaks badly of them). Ignore function is great for people who are either side so there is no need for people to leave community because they cannot get along or get pissed off with constant bashing or preaching.

Bubs, it's pointless with you at this point.. This all started because I stated that it is possible that Prince wanted to take part of the show and he's 18 and can make those decisions.. So as far as "policing" and "patronizing", a few people started to patronize ME for stating that.. It's my point of view isn't it?

And yes the threads you shared are from 2008... even if there are a few responses that people revived the thread.. You are trying to get me on technicalities just to prove a point instead of taking the point I was trying to make and jump on it.... My point of saying there's hardly any threads In the 2300 Jackson section without trash talk was going off of my statement that there is virtually nowhere to go in this section without it...

.....unless I revive an old thread just to speak - like the threads u shared.

My original post was not even defending the Jacksons fully, I was saying that Prince COULD HAVE wanted to be on the show and explained why!! that was the point I was trying to get across.. but thanks for taking my words apart and nit picking on me (when I was in mid convo with others).. Very brave move there!

............. I think we took this too far with this convo, it started off being about the believe that the Jacksons pushed Prince to be in the show or if Prince wanted to be in it.. Some don't think he did, some think he didn't.. Me personally - considering that the Jacksons that the show circumferences the same Jackson Prince naturally hangs out with I think it's plausible that he wanted to partake in the show. Even if they asked him to! He's 18 (an adult) he can do that if he wants..

That sounds plausible to me, too! I think threads like this will always run off the rails because some people are too emotionally invested in those kids (which I readily admit is puzzling to me and a bit odd). Mike didn't list any of his fans as guardians of his children in his will; his mom and Diana Ross were the main ones. Fatherhood was a part of Mike's life that wasn't my business and had nothing to do with why I am a fan.

As for the suggestion that people use the blocking feature, that smacks of censorship and it doesn't add value to open dialogue. Everyone isn't going to agree on everything, nor should they have to in order to have a conversation. It only feeds extremism; only surrounding yourself with people that think alike and view legitimate talk as "hateful" or the "enemy".

Ain't nobody got time for THAT! :hysterical:

It is only natural that we extend a deep caring toward the children that Michael loved so much! In this instance, none of us know the back-story -- and we can't know it, really -- as to whether Prince WANTED to do this, or was pressured by a family that was known to have applied pressure to Michael to tour with the brothers, and do other income generating projects that included the family. I think the best we can hope for is that this will be tastefully done, and not too invasive of Prince's privacy?

Given that Prince is now an adult I think it's safe to assume that he willingly participates in this show. Furthermore, Tito's three sons have been nothing but incredibly supportive of Michael over the years, so I don't see why their loyalty to Michael and his children should be questioned. Nevertheless, I can also understand how the care and affection some fans had for Michael transferred onto the children. I'm sure their concern comes from a pure place, but I'm not equally and entirely sure it's rightfully guided. I don't think it's fair to judge people based only on a few words which transpire into news bites or headlines. Any family goes through its own share of troubles and the Jacksons are no exception in that sense, but I don't think people can possibly imagine the full extent of the relations and the inner dynamics of the family. From the outside things may seem far more turbulent than they actually are.

I truly have a great deal of sympathy for public figures - on the one hand, an excessive dose of mystery leaves room for speculation and downright invention (and often not of the loveliest kind), while self-produced exposure makes people in the media and the public believe they ought to have access to anything and everything. Damned if they do, cursed if they don't, right? If they don't say anything, what are they hiding? If they expect some boundaries - how dare they, aren't they the ones who exposed themselves in this and that other way????? It all seems a most terrible, if not impossible balance to strike between satiating the public's quench for information, the need to put one's ideas/art/whatever on the market and the preservation of a tiny, sacred and truly private space which is NOT meant for public, global consumption. Mission impossible indeed..............

When Janet Jackson wanted Michael to perform with the other brother's, back in 2008 and then Leonard Rowe and Joseph Jackson pressured Michael to sign a contract for doing so, Michael realized, as in buyer's remorse, that the venture with AEG Live was a financially better deal and would help Michael to pay down his enormous debt load quicker. Michael even said he loved his individual family member's. It just wasn't the best timing to do a family project that involved his performing brother's. The reality show was already in the works, when Michael passed, that his brother's were on.

I really think Prince Jackson is a lot like his Dad, helping other's, especially family. I think Michael felt pressured to help his family member's because that's who he is. He wanted that close knit family image to continue all his life. I think Prince realizes this, too, about his Dad. I think Katherine understood this about her son, Michael Jackson. That Michael wanted his family to be portrayed as a prominent black family in America. I really believe this to be true about Michael. With the scandal that happened in 1993, Michael realized he would being financing most of his own projects. What he wasn't sure about was his staying power, would he be able to bring in the number's, the money, that he once did. It did not. Which is why AEG Live came at just the right time. Michael was ready to make big money and he had a big promoter behind him, like he did in the golden era of the 1980's.

^ We have to give a lot of credit to the "close knit' family image on Katherine. Katherine went through a lot of stuff, dealt with a lot just to cover up what was going on behind the scenes for the sake of the family name/image... Katherine in turn would teach the kids to always portray the family a specific way. Of course ideals taught from old school style of living.. (What happens in the house stays in the house, and we showcase a perfect family no matter what)

Michael in turn did a lot to please his mother - knowing the reasoning behind it. If it were not for Michaels adoration for his mother he would have done things very differently.

I do not participate in discussions that focus primarily on distaste for Jacksons. I would like to respond to two comments:

Snow White luvs Peter Pan;4105956 said:
He released an album every 4 years since Bad, so MJ didn't even take that long just until the second allegations occurred and couldn't really recover. As I said, they began having problems in 2000 but it scaled quickly the following year, as new comers who were successful mostly in Europe, they SHOULDN'T have taken such amount of time to release another album. They don't have the seniority Michael had to give themselves that liberty.

To add that as new comers, people in general forget about the acts if they don't keep themselves relevant. They waited a lot to release a new material.

No.

Seniority has absolutely nothing to do with the space between albums for Michael or 3T. It is an individual and artistic decision by the artist themselves. Nothing else

AliCat;4107032 said:
When Janet Jackson wanted Michael to perform with the other brother's, back in 2008 and then Leonard Rowe and Joseph Jackson pressured Michael to sign a contract for doing so, Michael realized, as in buyer's remorse, that the venture with AEG Live was a financially better deal and would help Michael to pay down his enormous debt load quicker. Michael even said he loved his individual family member's. It just wasn't the best timing to do a family project that involved his performing brother's. The reality show was already in the works, when Michael passed, that his brother's were on.

No.

Michael never signed an AGE deal in 2008. Michael signed the AEG deal and the AEG civil trial showed Michael was indeed inclined to sign the AGE deal as well. Branca was instructed by Phillips to not allow Michael to sign with AGE because he already signed with AEG.

Michael even said he loved his individual family member's. It just wasn't the best timing to do a family project that involved his performing brother's. The reality show was already in the works, when Michael passed, that his brother's were on.

Yes there was deal to film an one hour television special about the Jackson brothers celebrating their fortieth anniversary in show business minus Michael AND Randy. After Michael’s passing, the show morphed into a multi-episode, reality show about the brothers dealing with Michael's passing and hoping to return to the stage to celebrate their fortieth anniversary.

AliCat;4107862 said:
According to Donny Osmond, Joe Jackson had his son's watch the Osmond Brothers, when they performed on Andy's show. Then the Jackson 5 appeared on the "Ed Sullivan" show in 1969.

That is Osmond’s opinion and that has been said in books about Michael. Michael himself never stated such. I do not believe Joe has either.

lol. "tight nit legacy"

Tygger;4108787 said:
I do not participate in discussions that focus primarily on distaste for Jacksons. I would like to respond to two comments:

No.

Seniority has absolutely nothing to do with the space between albums for Michael or 3T. It is an individual and artistic decision by the artist themselves. Nothing else

No.

Michael never signed an AGE deal in 2008. Michael signed the AEG deal and the AEG civil trial showed Michael was indeed inclined to sign the AGE deal as well. Branca was instructed by Phillips to not allow Michael to sign with AGE because he already signed with AEG.

Yes there was deal to film an one hour television special about the Jackson brothers celebrating their fortieth anniversary in show business minus Michael AND Randy. After Michael’s passing, the show morphed into a multi-episode, reality show about the brothers dealing with Michael's passing and hoping to return to the stage to celebrate their fortieth anniversary.

That is Osmond’s opinion and that has been said in books about Michael. Michael himself never stated such. I do not believe Joe has either.

cac-con-michael-jackson-duoc-tieu-168-ty-moi-nam_2.jpg

This meeting took place on May 15, 2009, at the Beverly Hills Hotel because Leonard Rowe and Joseph Jackson had pressured Michael into signing a deal with them. Michael was letting Leonard Rowe and Joseph Jackson he would not have business dealings with them. It was dissolved.

AliCat, that was not the AGE deal.

Michael never signed the AGE deal despite wanting to. Preventing Michael from signing the AGE deal was discussed by Branca and Phillips in AEG's emails that were used as evidence in the AEG civil trial.

Adding: deleted, thread found

Last edited:

Hey Tigger, in the lawsuit filed by AllGood Entertainment, the Judge decided "Contract Suit Against Michael Jackson's Estate Nixed"

"I believe this lawsuit was frivoulous from its inception," said Howard Weitzman of Kinsella Weitzman Iser Kump & Aldisert LLP, an attorney for the estate. "It was clear that Michael Jackson never entered into any agreement with AllGood to participate in a tour."

http://www.law360.com/articles/188419/contract-suit-against-michael-jackson-s-estate-nixed

"It was clear that Michael Jackson never entered into any agreement with AllGood to participate in a tour."

Exactly. This is what I have said in response twice.

AliCat, that was not the AGE deal.

Michael never signed the AGE deal despite wanting to. Preventing Michael from signing the AGE deal was discussed by Branca and Phillips in AEG's emails that were used as evidence in the AEG civil trial.

U.S. District Judge Harold Baer Jr. granted a motion by lawyers for Jackson’s estate to dismiss the case, citing a lack of evidence that the late King of Pop or his family were under a binding agreement to perform at a reunion concert.
AllGood Entertainment, a company started in Morristown, N.J., sued Jackson for $40 million on June 10, 2009, roughly two weeks before the singer’s death in Los Angeles at age 50. It claimed Jackson and his then-manager broke a contract for a Jackson reunion show.

AllGood later filed a creditor’s claim with Jackson’s estate, claiming the potential value of the lawsuit was at least $300 million.

Baer determined that there was a letter of intent between Jackson’s then-manager, Frank DiLeo, and AllGood. He noted that neither Jackson nor any other members of the family who were to be involved in the show ever signed a contract.
The judge also wrote in the ruling that if there was a breach in the contract, AllGood broke the agreement first because it did not issue a payment to Jackson before a required deadline.

“This case never had any merit and the claim was frivolous from day one,” Jackson estate attorney Howard Weitzman said in a statement. “Michael Jackson never agreed to participate in a concert promoted by AllGood as the judge clearly found in his opinion.”

An after-hours phone message left for AllGood’s attorney, Ira Meyerowitz, was not immediately returned.” ~AP

AliCat, we are in agreement that Michael did not sign an AGE contract. I am unsure what the issue is.

Are you stating Michael did not have an intention to sign an AGE contract? I cannot post the actual email because we do not have access to the evidence via Panish’s website anymore. I know I mentioned the email in that particular subforum at the time. I do not remember if a discussion ensued because of it. I do not remember if another member posted the actual email(s) either.

Off topic question please: does anyone know why the AEG civil trial subforum is still private? The legal proceedings are complete.

Annita;4109206 said:
Prince & Blanket Appear In New Promo for Jackson Reality Show -- See Them Now!
http://www.imdb.com/news/ni59044938/
22 hours ago | TooFab | See recent TooFab news »

Are you ready to get an inside look at the Jackson clan? Lifetime’s all-new series "The Jacksons: Next Generation" follows Tito Jackson's children, Taj, Taryll and Tj, as they balance their music career with family life. In addition to his own kids, Tj is actually co-guardian of Michael Jackson's three children, Prince, Paris and Blanket -- and two of 'em appear on the show. In the new trailer above, we get a glimpse of Blanket, 13, right off the top during a family trip to the beach. Later in the clip, Prince, 18, hangs with his cousins on a camping trip. During a phone call with the three brothers, they revealed that Paris chose not to be part of the show -- and insist they didn't put any pressure on any of Michael's kids to be involved.

- tooFab Staff

At least Paris isn`t involved.

Good for her:clapping:

Rest of the article:
"The only way we would do this show was if it was stipulated that they wouldn’t have to do the show at all," TJ tells toofab. "That was a hurdle for a lot of the networks."

"If they want to be in it, they can be in it," he added. "This is their chance to show the world who they are. You know, 'I’m not this tabloid or this or this or headline.'"

"We didn’t go to Prince and say 'You’re Michael Jackson’s kids, can you be in our show?'" adds Taryl. "That's the way the media looks at it. We don’t view them that way. To us, they’re our cousins. They wanted to be in the show as doing things as cousins."
-------------------------------------------------------------

To be honest, media is not far off and its not only media that looks at it that way.
Maybe they didn't go to kids and ask them to appear to this "reality" show, but it doesn't rule out a little talk about how it would benefit them it they do.

SheilaMJFan4Ever;4109217 said:
God forbid the kid has a mind of his OWN and is capable of making decisions.

That reminded me of when Michael (age 26) didn't want to do Victory tour with his brothers but was talked to it.
You get the drift.

Last edited:
Back