The Michael Jackson Musical: 'MJ'

Meet the cast of
@MJtheMusicalUK
GD5z0_4XcAALGyx
GD5z0_4WYAARGkh
GD5z0_3XIAAQRmH

GD5M6t1XMAAviCH

Re: A new musical inspired by the life of Michael Jackson is heading to Broadway!

In my opinion it's just milking Michael. The artist himself is gone, and with him is any interest I have in projects that he is not involved in/ has no say in. That said, if peeps get to know his music through Broadway, good for them, I guess. I couldn't care for the Las Vegas show, so I'll see with this Broadway production.
the las vegas show was amazing (not MJ Live, i mean MJ ONE). there was an MJ hologram, the dancers were amazing, and they played videos of michael in the background! the decorations were so cool and it was a night all about michael jackson which makes it the best. i went there two times and i want to go back again for my birthday and get VIP tickets

How many here have tickets for London?

Last edited:
Ok, I went for it on the CD, which is now £7.37 on Amazon, I figured it was too cheap to refuse...

No way! Small world haha. Well maybe see you there! 😊
I also wonder if Janet will attend any of the shows, she lives in London 👀
I listen to the soundtrack quite often, so I'm really looking forward to it.

She probably will, but she might go incongnito. I'm sure the usual MJ related faces in the UK will attend. Cant wait!

I really hate reading the reviews on this play. Far too often it's a disgusting hit piece from some moral aggrendizer.

Ok, after a first proper listen, at a decent volume, in my car, first impressions as follows:

Beat It - I've come to appreciate this as one of the few songs that remains almost intact. Jackson 5 Medley - some of these songs sound really close to the originals, and in one or two cases he articulates even better than Michael. I'll Be There - not bad. A bit strange with a female vocal though. Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough sounded a bit bare (until it exploded into life during the solo). Blame It on the Boogie, I wish it would have been a bit longer. Dancing Machine - not a lot to say about this one - the guys doing J5 vocals sound pretty accurate. Stranger in Moscow - a very nice version. I heard a guitar part, low in the mix, that made me go and check out the original to see if it was there.

You Can't Win - pretty good song from another musical stage show. I Can't Help It - something was lacking, I'm not sure what. Keep the Faith - the complexion is changed a bit by having what sounds like a saxophone. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' - not a lot to say about this. Earth Song / They Don't Care About Us - it's ok if you just take it as a cover or TDCAU. It was silly to try to cram an epic song like ES into 30 seconds...

Billie Jean and Smooth Criminal - not a lot to say about these. Victory Tour (For the Love of Money / Can You Feel It) - nice little deviation here. Keep the Faith (Reprise) - I like this song, and this is a reasonable version if you put both parts together. She's Out of My Life - a refreshing version.

Human Nature - I can really get into this version. Bad / 2 Bad - suffers from the stage musical thing of being oversung and having too many loud horns. Thriller - interesting choice to make it acapella at the start. Man in the Mirror - again, not a lot to say - it's one of the standards, and they didn't do anything to change a lot of those. Finale (Jam seems like it should have been sung with a less musical voice, Black or White needed more time to breathe, and Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' - is basically just the ending.

Ok, that will do for now. I'm sure my opinion will change the more I listen to it. Next step will be to listen to this through a proper amp while sitting on the couch.

Ok, after a first proper listen, at a decent volume, in my car, first impressions as follows:

Beat It - I've come to appreciate this as one of the few songs that remains almost intact. Jackson 5 Medley - some of these songs sound really close to the originals, and in one or two cases he articulates even better than Michael. I'll Be There - not bad. A bit strange with a female vocal though. Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough sounded a bit bare (until it exploded into life during the solo). Blame It on the Boogie, I wish it would have been a bit longer. Dancing Machine - not a lot to say about this one - the guys doing J5 vocals sound pretty accurate. Stranger in Moscow - a very nice version. I heard a guitar part, low in the mix, that made me go and check out the original to see if it was there.

You Can't Win - pretty good song from another musical stage show. I Can't Help It - something was lacking, I'm not sure what. Keep the Faith - the complexion is changed a bit by having what sounds like a saxophone. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' - not a lot to say about this. Earth Song / They Don't Care About Us - it's ok if you just take it as a cover or TDCAU. It was silly to try to cram an epic song like ES into 30 seconds...

Billie Jean and Smooth Criminal - not a lot to say about these. Victory Tour (For the Love of Money / Can You Feel It) - nice little deviation here. Keep the Faith (Reprise) - I like this song, and this is a reasonable version if you put both parts together. She's Out of My Life - a refreshing version.

Human Nature - I can really get into this version. Bad / 2 Bad - suffers from the stage musical thing of being oversung and having too many loud horns. Thriller - interesting choice to make it acapella at the start. Man in the Mirror - again, not a lot to say - it's one of the standards, and they didn't do anything to change a lot of those. Finale (Jam seems like it should have been sung with a less musical voice, Black or White needed more time to breathe, and Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' - is basically just the ending.

Ok, that will do for now. I'm sure my opinion will change the more I listen to it. Next step will be to listen to this through a proper amp while sitting on the couch.
i agree; jam was too "musical"-ey

Back