The Michael Soundtrack Album - what should the Estate do?

Albion

Proud Member
There have been various types of soundtrack for biopics, such as straightforward Greatest Hits, cast recordings, updated versions of songs, live recordings, etc. My question is, what would you like the Estate to do for the Michael soundtrack? What songs would you like to see on it? What songs have to be on it? Should there be updated duets with current artists like The Weeknd? Should the songs be as Michael left them? What are your thoughts?

its a waste of time to make wishes.. they'll do what they do.

There will no doubt be the typical greatest hits album to support the movie but adding in a second half full of duets with the biggest stars of today could be a great bit of business.

It's all about the reach and exposure this film can generate. Not that I'd be keen on say a Michael and Taylor Swift duet but that would get people talking and bring hype.

A duet album featuring the likes of The Weeknd , JungKook , Swift etc could be very lucrative and do well on the charts.

It's just going to be a greatest hits. Nothing new or original. Boring

My own version (sorry, I’m old so I still think of albums as being on vinyl).

Side 1
I’ll be there (Adult Version)
I want you back
Got to be there
Ben
Blame it on the boogie

Side 2
Don’t stop ‘til you get enough
Rock with you (live Triumph Tour)
Billie Jean
Thriller
Beat It (live Victory Tour)

Side 3
The Way you make me feel (Grammy Awards 02/03/88)
Bad (Live 16/07/88)
Man in the Mirror (Live 16/07/88)
Smooth Criminal (album version)

Side 4
Remember the time
Full Super Bowl Performance
Gone to soon

My own version (sorry, I’m old so I still think of albums as being on vinyl).

Side 1
I’ll be there (Adult Version)
I want you back
Got to be there
Ben
Blame it on the boogie

Side 2
Don’t stop ‘til you get enough
Rock with you (live Triumph Tour)
Billie Jean
Thriller
Beat It (live Victory Tour)

Side 3
The Way you make me feel (Grammy Awards 02/03/88)
Bad (Live 16/07/88)
Man in the Mirror (Live 16/07/88)
Smooth Criminal (album version)

Side 4
Remember the time
Full Super Bowl Performance
Gone to soon
Omg ...this list... I'll be there -the adult version ...oh , it has to be included! Your Side 4 is heaven to me. I am thinking Farewell My Summer Love somewhere in the soundtrack too as it was quite pivotal ? :unsure: Anyhow Cash Box [Music magazine ] was quoted as saying that "all the vibrancy of the now legendary Jackson vocal style is present on this single."

.. I am currently listening to some Vinyl actually. hahaha, Your thread took me by surprise. I love the thought so much.You really made my day with this. oh my days!:ROFLMAO:

Omg ...this list... I'll be there -the adult version ...oh , it has to be included! Your Side 4 is heaven to me. I am thinking Farewell My Summer Love somewhere in the soundtrack too as it was quite pivotal ? :unsure: Anyhow Cash Box [Music magazine ] was quoted as saying that "all the vibrancy of the now legendary Jackson vocal style is present on this single."

.. I am currently listening to some Vinyl actually. hahaha, Your thread took me by surprise. I love the thought so much.You really made my day with this. oh my days!:ROFLMAO:
I’m a huge fan of that song

I’m a huge fan of that song
Goin' Back to Indiana .... and Michael's version of Kansas City. Michael's version of Stevie Wonder's 'My cherie amour' I of course like The Jackson's later work too. Destiny being my fave album [or one!] from that period. There is simply so much they can look towards. I think m meeting Stevie in the May of 1974 and working with Stevie in the film should be included. There is so much and they could use current artists to promote certain highlights/ aspects. I think it could be a stunning project/ soundtrack. 💕

If even the fans give up hope, then everything is lost.
Sorry @Albion i don't mean to go offtopic but these words here, ? they are so , so true. It is extremely hard to give up, or to even leave Michael or to 'break away' even if his estate isn't like how we think it should work. For most of us , we are a family and the history is there.

With Michael soundtrack album will give us the full John Branca experience.

We'll get classic hits like

1. Rock With Branca
2. The Braca Is Mine
3. P.Y.B (Pretty Young Branca)
4. The Branca In Your Life
5. The Way Branca Makes You Feel
6. You Just Can't Stop Loving Branca
7. Why You Wanna Trip On Branca
8. Give Into Branca
9. Superfly Branca

And many more

I was 58 a fortnight ago. My first Michael Jackson, well Jackson 5, single was Lookin’ Through The Windows.
You are one of the oldest fans I know. I often wondered why most his fans range between 25 and 45, it doesn’t make sense to me

Ah i know ..i know.. i got too excited! It's been ages since we had a thread like this. though provoking. I completely forget about any soundtrack wishes for some reason.
i still like My Cherie Amour though.
Well unpopular opinion on here but Jermaine has a really good voice on ballads

Well unpopular opinion on here but Jermaine has a really good voice on ballads
I'll give you an even more unpopular opinion.

These Jermaine vocals on I'll be there were better than a lot of Michael's tour versions of the same song.

The ending is beautiful

I'll give you an even more unpopular opinion.

These Jermaine vocals on I'll be there were better than a lot of Michael's tour versions of the same song.

The ending is beautiful
Ha nice this is from night of the proms in Belgium, it returns each year with different artists. I knew the Jacksons did a set there once but never saw anything of it.
Jermaine had a good spell in Belgium with 3 top 10 hits in a row during 84/85. When the rain begins to fall and do what you do (one of my fave ballads) even both hit nr 1.

He is very underestimated on our fanbase

You are one of the oldest fans I know. I often wondered why most his fans range between 25 and 45, it doesn’t make sense to me
Near enough all of the people I know love Michaels songs and they are older than me. And they will all be able to tell you exactly where they were when the first saw the Thriller short film or the moonwalk. He was the soundtrack to our youth. That’s one of the reasons why radio stations couldn’t cancel him. We have so much invested in his songs emotionally. For example, my friends older sister died a couple of years ago and at the funeral they played Rock With You, because it was the first song she and her husband danced to when they met. How can you cancel that.

It'll probably be very similar to Number Ones, about 14-15 released songs that feature on the biopic and then maybe 1 or 2 unreleased songs. They'd miss a trick if they didn't play an unreleased song over the credits at the end of the film

I still think the Estate will try to incorporate the demo Dreams Away, it fits the project as well as This Is It fits that film. They need to talk to Steve

Back