Votes: 23 5.3%
  • Christina

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Beyoncé

Votes: 28 6.4%
  • Pink

Votes: 3 0.7%

• Total voters
I chose Whitney because the voice is the only thing that matters (to me) when it comes to female singers. No one on that list has the chops to even be in the same room as Houston. Mariah's vocal gymnastics don't impress me; they irritate me. Minnie Riperton is a perfect example of one with multiple octave ranges that handled it beautifully, not like a side show attraction. That said, I'm partial to and drawn to male singers the most (mainly because I'd rather hear a man sing.)

Until Whitney sang our national anthem, I wasn't moved by it, didn't really feel it, pretty much just tolerated it. She breathed life into that song and it floored me! No one before or since has sang it so beautifully.

Last edited:
I think it's Beyoncé.
She has so powerful voice and her songs make me excited or relaxed.

It is Madonna. She changed the way the entertainment business looks at and treats women.
Whitney Houston is The Voice!
Janet and Kylie are the Princesses of Pop!
:)

Kate Bush :bow: always cutting edge and on her own terms. She pre-dates all of the above choices, check out her greatness [video]https://www.youtube.com/user/KateBushMusic/videos[/video]

Here is an awesome doco on Kate Bush: The Kate Bush Story on BBC 2014
to explain why she is totally AWESOME!

well what makes someone king/queen of pop?

I think there are 5-6 that are the best in specific ways.. Things Beyoncé is top a Madonna can't come close but she's had a huge impact.. Mariah out sold all those women on the list but none of them (even Mariah) has Whitney's voice. Janet is an amazing performer..

Ill flip flop too much.. I'm out... Til I flip flop on that lol

^ Can someone explain to me how Rhianna in this day an age topped Mariah in sales?

People who post thread like this are haters on the highest caliber. They don’t post it for no other reason than to bash Janet Jackson. You can convince yourself otherwise.

I’m gonna start of topic asking who is the king of pop just to see if there are any other opinions. No really that’s all I’d want it for.

You guys and girls are interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None , from what i've heard none of those singers listed deserve such title

( im aware i sound posh , i can assure you im not )

My very same thoughts. That said, my favorite female singer is Celine Dion, but wouldn't say she's the Queen of pop lol From the list I guess I'd pick Whitney. As for Madonna, to me she's very over rated.

The only singer that I even like from that list is Janet. I have to admit that I do like some songs from Britney and Beyonce but I can't stand Madonna

With this list it's tricky because many of them influenced pop culture and did things that others on the list didn't..

There is sales.. #1 hits.. fashion.. relevancy over time.. quality of performance.. quality of voice.. etc. The list goes on!

There are a couple on this list I don't even get why they would be an option though lol...

Madonna is THE undisputed Queen of Pop in every sense of this title. I realise that she seems to be a somewhat controversial and polarising figure (much like MJ himself) and some people don't like her for whatever reason, but objectively and factually speaking, she has the statistics on the board, to back up her claim to this throne.

Back