The X Factor USA -- It’s Michael Jackson Week!

Hope for a lot of Youtube videos from this!

I think the X factor contestents did a better job with their MJ performances then American Idol did when they did one.

ok i never watch this show but i tuned in tonight and i think if i hadn't i would have probably missed the best performance EVER. Mel and Earth song fit like a single Glove. The others however... I wasn't sure what the judges were playing at... The chick who did Billie Jean... Let me just start off by saying that, that is one song YOU SIMPLY DO NOT MESS WITH. Dirty Diana was, i have no words. I'll Be There, was decent. Black or White was good but i dont think Michael's songs should be changed, that said i didn't like how they changed I'll be There or Black or White. Can You Feel It wasn't felt by the little girl but she sang her heart out. If they are going to do the songs they need to do them the way Michael wrote them.

Seeing Mama K and his kids there made my heart ache. When LA Reid called Michael "The Great One" i couldn't hold back my tears. and when Simon of all people gave Melanie the one song that he said YOU DO NOT TOUCH i was floored by how well she handled it! i cried my eyes out! love it LOVE it!

Watched the show and loved it. The estate and the Jacksons obviously cut a deal with the X- Factor. No problem with that whatsoever. Can't keep the kids in a bubble. Good job promoting their dad's legacy. Can't pigeon-hole Blanket, that's why he is by far the most fascinating of the trio.

Haha i LOVE little B. He is his father! And how Prince chews gum is so Michael. lol i know how sad that is but i think its so super funny.

Well, I thought this was great promotion for Michael's legacy and his Immortal album. The only song that was sung respectably was Earth Song. It's funny but not too long ago in one of these shows, somebody sang Earth Song, and one of the judges didn't like the song choice because they didn't think Earth song was a known song or something like that. Now it is a classic which is a great thing because it is! and it has to start being well known here in the U.S. and I say it is about time!

I also spotted John Branca behind Katherine, anybody notice?

Prince is so poised well spoken, he has a deep voice now, my how fast they grow! The kids seem to being doing very well, thank goodness!

LA Reid has been promoting Immortal on Twitter while talking about X Factor's
Michael Jackson week.
I'm really liking "Immortal".
There's an article I read a couple weeks ago with L.A Reid saying something to the effect that he didn't like the idea of ANYBODY messing with Michael's songs. But after listening to
the new CD he was very pleased and found himself bobbing his head and tappin' his feet.
Hahaha. My sentiments exactly!

I wish I had saved the article to post it here.

The number one reason to me Immortal is important to promote, is they implement his speeches, poems, etc. that show the PERSON rather than the performer. This is our best chance to introduce people who only respect Michael as an entertainer to the heart behind it all.

Can't wait to watch the XFactor later, it's waiting patiently on the box after I finish studying. :D

Afi6mkuCMAAD0pt.jpg

I had the biggest smile on my face watching this show.

Can't keep the kids in a bubble.

This was one of their nicer appearances because they weren't being exploited like they usually are. This was truly just them appearing somewhere to see folks pay tribute to their dad. I really found it refreshing.

I hope this will be on youtube. I do see John Branca behind Katherine in that picture above. It is good to see the estate and the family do something together for Michael. That is how it should be. I am glad his kids were there.

These things are good in the long run for Michael's legacy. People need to be aware of songs like Earth Song and other songs past Thriller and Bad. Michael did so much good. I think it was JLo on idol that said something about the song not well known or something like that a few months ago.

I also spotted John Branca behind Katherine, anybody notice?

Prince is so poised well spoken, he has a deep voice now, my how fast they grow!
The kids seem to being doing very well, thank goodness!
No, Tricia I missed that. I didn't see Branca.

Yeah, Prince is quite the young man. I read somewhere that he is 5 ft. 10 in. tall.
And they really do appear to be doing well. And they seemed to have enjoyed the
show...as they said.

MsCassie, thanks for posting the picture of the fam. and the link.
Mickson, thank you as well for the videos.

Boy. :(
My feelings are kinda all over the place.

I didn't see the show (wasn't planning to tbh) b/c I went to the city (NYC) to see the big Christmas Tree get lit.

But great that the estate executors, the brothers, Katherine and of course his wonderful children were there :)

Watched the show and enjoyed it. But, I couldn't help missing Michael even more afterwards. I just kept thinking what an experience it would have been to have him critique the contestants' takes on his music.

Loved the respect shown for him tonight.

[h=1]Michael Jackson night on 'X Factor': Was it a thriller?[/h]
On X Factor's Michael Jackson night Wednesday, everyone was wondering: Who's bad?
The stakes were high for the final seven, each one performing a Jackson tune in front of the late pop star's brothers, mother and kids. After last week's elimination, judge Nicole Scherzinger has one contender left in the running, and Paula Abdul is out of group acts. "I'm the only impartial judge in this competition," she said.
Thursday at 8 ET/PT on Fox, the contenders face a double elimination. The recap:
Team Nicole Scherzinger: Over 30s

• By Nino Munoz, Fox
    The 'X-Factor' judges: How did they score the night's tributes to the late pop star Michael Jackson?
Enlarge

By Nino Munoz, Fox
The 'X-Factor' judges: How did they score the night's tributes to the late pop star Michael Jackson?

Josh Krajcik, with electric guitar, rocked out to Dirty Diana surrounded by sexy dancers. L.A. Reid recognized that the Jackson tune was out of Josh's comfort zone, but said, "You landed on your feet." Simon Cowell told the singer, "You were overproduced," and that it was his weakest performance to date. Paula and Nicole disagreed with Simon. "It was a showstopping performance," said Paula. Nicole termed it bold.Team L.A. Reid: GuysAstro, in a navy military jacket, rapped a mix-tape of Black or White. He performed in front of a montage of world flags, singing, "Forget your race because we all one. Leave the colors in the past, let's have some fun." Simon said he loved that hook, and was "so happy the public kept you in" after his recent on-stage meltdown. Though Nicole said Astro's showing wasn't her favorite, Paula told the rapper he is influential and inspirational, and said, "I think you could win." L.A. told Astro, "That was truly, truly amazing."Marcus Canty pulled out all the stops for his dance club remix of P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing). He danced, bared his chiseled arms and even backflipped. Nicole said, "I love you, P.Y.T." Paula told Marcus he is "the whole package" and "the entertainer of the show." Simon agreed that Marcus is a talented entertainer, but thought his vocals were unimpressive. L.A. thought Marcus' arrangement of the song was "inventive," and said, "I hope the flip will get you some votes."Chris Rene, in a bedazzled varsity jacket, used his usual half-singing/half-rapping approach for I'll Be There. Though the artist struggled to hit some notes, he still charmed the judges. Nicole said, "I felt your spirit tonight," and "you sounded the best you ever sang." Paula dished more compliments, saying, "You look the best you've ever looked," and that she can't wait for his album. Simon told Chris his vocal "was shaky on the top" but that Chris sounded much better when the rap kicked in. L.A. simply said, "I think the performance speaks for itself."Team Simon Cowell: GirlsDrew, accompanied just by piano, sat down and sang a coffeehouse version of Billie Jean. L.A. said, "It pains me to say this, but I liked it." Nicole said that Drew showed range and passion, but, "I wanted you to get up from the dang chair!" Paula told Drew the song was her best vocal performance, but wishes she'd do something more uptempo and visual. Simon rebutted to Paula, "Dancing is why your groups are out." To Drew, Simon said, "You sang beautifully."Rachel Crow sang an energetic Can You Feel It in a silver-sequined outfit and the signature Jackson glove. Though Rachel said she's inspired by Michael, most of the judges weren't inspired by her performance. Nicole, who episodes earlier told Rachel she sounded like a young Michael Jackson, said she didn't feel a connection with her. L.A. told the singer it wasn't her best showing, and Paula said that the song wasn't a good fit for the young powerhouse. Simon, who dismissed the other judges' remarks as "anti-Simon," told Rachel, "You always put on a show. … You look like a pop star."Melanie Amaro, who started speaking in her native Caribbean accent last week, let it rip with Earth Song. The audience was clapping along to her powerhouse performance, and the judges felt they'd saved the best for last. L.A. said Melanie may have been the best singer of the night. "For a second I thought that we were at a Melanie Amaro concert," he said. Nicole said that the song was one of the best on the show so far, and that if the song "doesn't save a small country somewhere, I don't know what will." Simon said that he couldn't think of a better way to pay tribute to Michael Jackson.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/story/2011-11-30/X-Factor-recap-11-30-2011/51517234/1

I am glad that the Estate and the family are finally promoting an MJ project together.

Haven't seen the performances yet, will download the episode when I get home from work today. Can't wait!!

Back